I want to get into baking

i want to get into baking

how can i do this?

depends on what you want to bake, op

You should think about acquiring an oven.

what do you suggest i start with?

Flour, water, yeast, and salt.

do you have a dutch oven? if so, google no-knead bread or check out forkish's "flour water salt yeast" bread cookbook

You want sweet or savory to start out with?

i don't have dutch oven, just a conventional oven and a toaster oven

i guess sweet

Muffins or cookies are the easiest thing to bake.
The secret is to not overmix them.
The other secret is to measure the ingredients with a digital scale.
If you want something challenging try a lemon meringue pie.

I started out with a victoria sponge errenskitchen.com/victoria-sponge/ Easy and simple, goes great with tea or as a dessert

Your best bet is to find a recipe for something you like to eat and make it over and over again until you perfect it, that way you'll be more prepared for more challenging recipes. And remember - cooking is an art, baking is science. Don't deviate or improvise on a recipe until you're absolutely sure of yourself, those measurements are exact for a reason.

what's a good place to find recipes for these things?

Supercook.com is a good resource. Helps you build recipes by what you have in your kitchen.

thank you

Shut the fuck up

serious eats

I'm stealing your thread

I want to cut a sponge cake in a very specific and complicated shape. Is there a tool to cut cakes or do I have to use a knife? The only thing I could find is pic related and that's shit for what I want to do.

Or is it easier/possible to make my own cake mould ?

Woooh baking. I make bread every week, sometimes more often. Started out with flatbreads, and gradually progressed into quick breads, then yeast-leavened breads. Would highly recommend that path.
Otherwise, find a recipe you like and make it. Try to understand the reasons why you're doing shit/the effect ingredients have on the final product.
Pic related is a no-knead loaf that I did because I was feeling lazy. So much better than the no-knead breads you find recipes/mixes for, because I did a 2-hr autolyse before adding the yeast. Simple shit like that.
What's the shape? if you want a dick cake just say so user.

ofc I forget the pic

I'm aware it makes me a fag which is why I was talking around it but see pic

King Arthur Flour has a website full of recipes. No shill here, just like their flour and site.

CAD- cardboard assisted design. Cut out the final cake form you want, lay it on the cake and trace with a knife