*lands on your food*

*lands on your food*

i try to trap them and like stun them so i can rip their wings off and then i let them walk around the floor after

>fly lands on food
>push plate away
>go to McDonalds

Trap them under a glass, put glass in fridge. Keep catching flies until you have four of them, well cooled and slow and dazed. Glue two matchsticks together in the form of a cross. then take the flies and carefully glue them onto the crossbeam, all facing "upward". When they are warmed up again they will fly away all together. Wa la, your own miniature four-engine bomber model.

If everyone was as good as killing flies as me there would be none

That's so sick and hilarious at the same time

IIRC I read that years ago, in some boys' magazines (genuinely for young boys, no nude chicks) from the 50s that belonged to my father.

jesus christ

kek does this actually work? I feel like they wouldn't be able to fly very well being glued to matchsticks.

I thought it was a ruse but there are a few videos on YouTube of it.

Times were very different then ... I have a children's "games and experimentation" book from 1970 which teaches kids how to make gunpowder, including making their own saltpeter, and how to properly set up flour- and coal dust explosions. And just check out the fucking cover....

I used to have those exact blue plates. They don't make 'em like that anymore.

I wonder how well that thing actually works. I just load up my Crossman 760 with salt when a wasp gets in here (because absolutely fuck wasps). Don't use it for flies because they aren't terrifying winged demon spawn.

Wasps are bros though.

*lands on your drugs*

Yeah, don't kill wasps. I routinely see them picking caterpillars off my organic garden vegetables and carrying them back to their nests to feed their brood. They don't bother you if you don't fuck with them.

I should clarify I only do this when one manages to find its way inside here, which is pretty rare. I don't go out hunting for them, but when there's a confused and pissed off wasp inside my house, I get my salt and bb gun.

if a fly lands on my food i just stop eating what it landed on

I used to take sewing thread and tie it around their necks like a leash then tie the other end to a piece of wood. Eventually I'd get a bunch of them attached to the wood and they'd be frantically flying and twisting the threads with one another, causing decapitation.

i just have a glass of vodka with it

cooties ded

Those are parasitic wasps and paper wasps, which basically never attack. Yellow jackets and hornets, however, are low-level demons in physical form.

One of the tortures we did as prepubescents (and yes I'm certain if there's a just god, I'll be punished severely) was to capture bumblebees or flies in a jar and slowly burn them with magnifying glasses concentrating the suns rays on them. Sort of like the opening scene of "The Wild Bunch" where they're torturing a scorpion in a container of ants. Prepubescent males of all races are fucking devils.

Ha, I did that with ants. It was really good sport, too. You had to be damn quick. If you got it just right you could nail them in a second, but if you missed ever so slightly it could turn into a minute long desparate chase on our red brick front porch with ant sized deep shady gaps between the stones. If the ant was persistent enough it could get away, too.

I just pick them up and put them outside.

Then he should specify yellow jackets and hornets.

its more interesting to rip off the legs and tie a string between the abdomen and thorax

Yeah, I think back on my prepubescent days of torturing insects with fondness. It was a much more innocent time. Like most boys, I grew out of it and never did higher forms of life, though.

If it's walking on your food is it called a walk?

Specifically yellowjackets around here. I just call them wasps because it's more convenient.

I used to have mud daubers in my patio. Those fuckers are terrifyingly huge and bump right into you, but won't sting

>bump right into you

Usually they fly up to things that are sticking out and feel it with their antennae before flying on to find their mudtunnel. That can be the cause for many run-ins. you can hold your finger out and it will fly up to it and inspect.

>mud dauber at the least threat level
Is this a bait image? Pretty sure one of those fuckers stung me when I was a kid and it was the most painful sting I've ever gotten, and I got stung by bees and wasps a lot since they were all over our property back then.
Unless there's some other wasp variation that has that black/pearlescent color to it.

mud (dirt) daubers don't sting, I've lived around them my entire life

>working at deli, making a customer's sandwich
>fly is flying around
>trying to shoo it away
>hand accidently shoos it toward the sandwich
>fly flies into the mayo
>tries to fly out of it but the mayo is sticking to it like glue
>throw out sub roll and start making the sandwich again

It was strangely interesting to watch though.

>Glue two matchsticks together in the form of a cross
i tried this once as a joke for my gf and she burst into flames. i didn't know she was Jewish

I catch and release most bugs i find in my home except for flies cause they're so fast. Only get a couple flies a year but no idea where they eventually end up. Maybe my cat eats them.

Red wasps are way higher on the threat level than regular paper wasps.

They will fuck you up good and their sting is really painful.

shit album

Bugs and matches... I thought you were going somewhere else with this.
[spoiler]I miss my childhood desu[/spoiler]

at least she didn't burst into treats

>nukes plate from space

>lands in dads food
>bah its just extra protein
>eats it

It was a cool idea but doesn't actually work. Many people have tried, it always fails.
The YouTube vids are all pretty gay, wasted my time watching them.

I don’t know why I found this funny, but it is fucking killing me

Its from this, but it does not work.

I like to use these Liquor traps.
At least they die happy

That's me tho.

>Enters through tiny gap
>Can't leave through wide open door

This shit sounds like we're doing the flies a kindness.

Dude there's more nasty shit floating through the air than a fly has on it's feet. It's fine.

>condo HOA sends memo asking to report any hornet nests
>have only paper wasps on balcony
>do nothing
Why people gotta be incorrectly specific?

too soon

Threat level is based on temperament not on pain of sting.
Hornets and yellow jackets can take offense of you without noticeable provocation or being near their nest.
Paper wasps can be bumped around without harming them directly or being around their nest (you can actually detach their nest with them on it if you are super slow.)
Sweat bees seek you out, but are only a problem if you press t hem against you, like the back of your knee, under your arm pit, inner elbow, or clothing presses them to your skin.
Honeybees just don't care at all unless you step on them or are standing too close to their nest, the latter of which they will head butt you for a while as warning.
Bumble bees just don't give a fuck about anything so long as you don't step on them or tear up their nest.
Cicada killers completely ignore just about everything.
Mud daubers, while being responsible for bringing down jetliners and killing people, are chill as fuck. Like baked hippie level chill.

I caught one once with bare hands. It didn't sting me, but it did bite me and that hurt just like a sting.

>Threat level is based on temperament not on pain of sting.
This. And not just temperament, also the nature of the insect's sting and how many live in a typical colony.

A bee can only sting once, then it does. Wasps, hornets, and yellowjackets can sting many times.

Honeybees can live in large colonies. Yellowjackets are even worse--there can be hundreds of thousands in a nest. Hornets can have large nests too.

Paper wasps have much smaller nests; a few dozen would be a very large nest indeed.

My boyfriend likes to pet bumblees. They're chill. So are the paper wasps on my nest. They freak me out even though I know they're harmless. I leave them be because they're preferable to what they eat.

Why people gotta be autistically literal?

Of course that design doesn't work. It isn't even correct.

Paper wasps are not a problem though. Hornets nests are a huge problem. both for stinging and for fucking up the building with a mess that needs cleaned off. Catching them when they are small means less mess to clean up. Cleaning off a paper wasp nest only leaves a couple tiny spots. Cleaning off a massive hornet's nest leaves a big ass mess.

>tfw there's 4 such nest messes left on my house

If you only physically couple four semi-autonomous quadcopters together, will they hover or crash?

food won't be longer be eaten

l

Crash 99% of the time. They can't coordinate. A glider type similar to would at least aid them in flying once they took off, but would still have problems, just not as many as a quadcopter design would.

I have one and is totally useless against houseflys. It does work on smaller, less armored opponents.

I never did the ant burning thing though. What I used to do is bring a container and collect all ants I see and put them there. I will have a whole colony there then I won't know what to do with it. I ended up draining them all with water in the sink.

I miss the times when no one worried about "muh political correctness" and everything was about having good innocent fun without being constantly judged.

you little shit

You mean back when comedians were arrested? Your freedom of speech is stronger now than ever before.

I miss the days when people knew not to criticize their government.

Looks like some cheap china. Could probably buy some in any Chinatown, or just regular asian grocery's.

or alibaba, old timer