Hungover

>hungover
>go to IHOP alone for breakfast
>wonder why I don't go to diners more often
>waitress sits me at a single table that connects to booth uncomfortably close
>she then sits a family of tweakers with a screaming baby in the booth next to me
Oh right that's why I don't go to diners anymore. The lazy waitstaff sits everyone on top of each other

Yeah but was the food good?

>Ihop
>not waffle house

Your fault my man

Find a place with a counter. Much more natural to eat as a solo diner when you are seated at the counter. Tell everyone you're a trucker and call the waitress "Flo" or "Doll".

It was fine, but I got weirded out when the waitress made me pay at the table instead of the register. Usually at diners like dennys and ihop you pay at the register. I had my card numbers stolen before so that's why I'm being paranoid

This IHOP is down the street from me so it was just convenient

Waffles are shit.

I see, that really sucks. I've never had that happen to me, but I can understand the paranoia. Sorry that happened to you.

I've actually not been to an IHOP in like 7 years, so I don't know if they're any good anymore.

I dont go to diners because I usually like to go at night when it's quiet but the only diners close to me are in bad neighborhoods and I'm afraid of mass chimpouts and the like.

Cheap chains are ALWAYS shitty.
I'm not saying that cheap places are always shitty, because I've had proof that's not true.
However, I've had many multiple examples of complete shit tier chains, including IHOP and a multitude of others. Pick a better restaurant.

IHOP is so fucking garbage. Waffle House is infinitely better.

>waitstaff sits everyone on top of each other
I don't even give a fuck anymore, I move. If they seat me right next to someone in an empty restaurant, I just ask for another table. If they sit someone right next to me, I move then too. Sometimes I'll just grab my shit and pick another table on my own.

I haven't been to an IHOP is probably a decade, but I remember it being so good as a little kid. I guess it's just better as a memory. I used to drag my mom there for dinner as a fat little kid and order chocolate chip pancakes and a DIET coke.

Waffle House I ate at more recently, it wasn't great.

Denny's is fucking disgusting now. Not sure what happened there. Can't even order an omelet without shitting my brains out.

what a comfy story

Glad you liked it. That was the best period of my life.

I'm not sure if places like IHOP actually have gotten worse, or if when we were younger we were just less critical and more easily satisfied. I suspect it's a bit of a mixture. Like going to Disney World as a kid it's downright magical, as an adult it is still cool but that parkway doesn't look quite so bit and the castle isn't so grand. It's the same, just our perspective has changed.

You could probably walk up to the register and pay for it after your meal was brought to you if it bothered you that much

>It was fine, but I got weirded out when the waitress made me pay at the table instead of the register. Usually at diners like dennys and ihop you pay at the register. I had my card numbers stolen before so that's why I'm being paranoid
Just pay in fucking cash then.

>going to ihop when waffle house exists

but why?

Chain diners like IHOP and Denny's are pretty shit, but small greasy spoon diners are still comfy, with better food at comparable or better prices.

>iHop
>"diner"

Hrm. I think maybe you confused a horrid chain that is nothing more than a last resort restaurant choice for sobering up people or those that think it's a treat to go out for mix pancakes as an actual diner. Diners should conjure up greek owners who slip a little gyro meat or spinach into omelettes, always have some great greek salads and them regular comfy blue plate special favorites. Diners should have homemade pies, maybe baked by some local person at their house. They might specialize in breakfast or lunch but won't be open at dinner.

I know. The waitresses at Waffle House are so much hotter.

I always wanted to go to this ancient dump in St. Louis

>Just pay in fucking cash then.
This. You need to carry a little money in your wallet, always, for the situations that arise that do set off your credit card radar concerns.

You should pay in cash as much as possible really, that way your purchase history can't be tracked. A lot of smaller businesses will give you discounts too, just don't ask them why are you'll be ok.

>The lazy waitstaff sits everyone on top of each other
It's not laziness, the restaurant is divided up into sections for each server. If you would've asked to move because they were being loud they probably would've let you.

OP here, you know it's funny earlier I took my motorcycle to my ATM (only one bank in town) and as I typing my pin in this tatted up meth head on a flip phone walked right up next to me; I immediately cancelled my transaction and noped out of there

Sure, ATMs are not 100% safe themselves but paying in cash everywhere else requires only one trustworthy source. Paying by card everywhere requires '''every''' place you pay to be safe. You can also generally get your money back from the bank if they fuck up, at least here.

just get it to-go you idiot?

havent been to denny's in years but i used to love their nachos

Did you also apologize to the guy who wanted to use the ATM and scared you while crying you faggot?

>go out to a nice Mexican place with my mom for mother's day
>smoked a bit of weed before and have a nice high
>order a couple of beers while waiting for our food
>some ugly 40-50 year old dude and his gf/wife are seated next to us
>we get our food
>dude next to us starts screaming at the top of his lungs at his gf/wife
>waitress has to come by multiple times to use his indoor voice.
>he doesn't even order any food just watches her eat as he screams at the top of his lungs
>about how he doesn't have big muscles and a nice car
>nobody kicks him out
>buzz and meal completely ruined

Better a faggot than a dead faggot, I profile

>drinking diet coke as a little kid
Jesus

>he goes to waffle house and orders waffles

Then do it fagget

Your face is shit.

>OP here, you know it's funny earlier I took my motorcycle to my ATM (only one bank in town) and as I typing my pin in this tatted up meth head on a flip phone walked right up next to me; I immediately cancelled my transaction and noped out of there
Don't let your cash flow get to that point. Seriously.
I just evac'd for Hurricane Irma. That grand sitting in the house is exactly what you need for an emergency when the power could go out for 2 straight weeks, and you would like to buy ice or gasoline, but hey, they can't do credit cards right now because phones don't work. Think those ATMs are full of money when people need it most? Think again.

I also keep $50 in my glovebox, hey, you never know if a wallet is stolen/lost. There are two 5s in there for tipping someone in a pinch who helped you.

Anyway, mostly, I don't do ATMs, but rather do cash back at the grocery register, $50 at a time. It adds up to the clean $200 that I keep going. That'll cover anything, from a tow truck, a new tire or other repair, or...a restaurant/bar bill. It helps when you want to split checks quickly and easily too.

Do it and make a thread posting pics of the interior and food. Not only would it be an interesting thread, but I'll bet the foods damn good. Just go in the daytime of you're a scared little shit.

You smoked weed; it made you temporarily beta.
You should have raised some shit, moved to another table.

>raised some shit
Never do this near animalistic dudes,they raise the stakes quickly.
You want quite time so you tell him to please be quite,now he wants to stab you.(if you back down,his wife gets a beatin)
Nothing beta,I would just grab my food and move a few tables,if available.
>That grand sitting in the house
>cash back at the grocery register, $50 at a time
You built up that $1000 some other way,right?
ALSO I dig the grand cash saved,even if poor,just never tell anybody.(I've only been able to do this recently,there have been too many years where if I had gotten two flat tires at once,I may have become homeless for a time.)

>he chose ihop

if you care, which clearly you do, go to a nice local diner.

I hate ihop too though. pic related from one of my fav local places

and another one. this place has the best country fried chicken

courtesy is pretty good too my noggre

darn, wrong pic.

>he doesn't go to coney island for hangover brunch
It's like half the price of every other restaurant and the food is great.

Coming into an empty, I mean completely empty, restaurant and being seated directly next/behind the only other table/booth is just fucking laziness and I hate it. It pisses me off like no other thing.

Did you seriously accidentally post a picture of shit instead of the food in question?
How does such a thing even occur?

Go to a REAL diner OP

I can't stand the fucking sucks tables at diners

Plus, I hate breakfast food...

Always end up getting a Reuben

*Sticky tables

Sorry for posting my poo

The place was completely packed. Looking back we should of just asked for a doggy bag and finish our food at my place.

that's pretty good man

>He never eats at the Original Pancake House

LOL, what a pleb.

I always tell the waitress where I want to sit in every restaurant/diner etc

ATMs are a gimmick to avoid hiring people to take care of you. Credit and debit cards are a gimmick to get you to spend more. I use both almost never.

is that you?

>not Huddle House
come on user, ya gotta go true Southern Culture

Do you live around niggers? They like to dine n dash

Waffle (7/10)(doesn't look moist enough)
Eggs (7/10) (looks a little dry as well)
Sausage(8.5/10)(looks pretty good, no major complaints)
Hashbrowns(9/10)(looks crisped just right
Bacon(10/10)(its rare to see bacon that perfect.)

>asking for a doggy bag
It's like you enjoy everyone knowing how impoverished you are. Enjoy your IHOP when you wake up under a bridge in the morning with a needle hanging out of your arm

they are somewhat regional, not everyone has both.

Was in a local mexican place and across the aisle was a couple in their 40s. The woman was just bitching out the man seated across the table the whole time I was there. He just sat there ignoring her while he ate. When he was done eating, he stood up and just walked out.

I heard her call a friend after a while, almost crying, begging to be picked up because he left her at the restaurant with no money to pay the check and no way to get home. Was hilarious.

Yeah St. Louis area. Makes sense now