Al/ck/

al/ck/ thread
weekend is almost over edition

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/xRB1kUdCyZQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Still have about 17 hours until I have to be at work tomorrow and I plan on using every one of those for drinking

you sure you can drive yourself to work?

I managed to leave my .5 liter of rum alone even though I was out of beer. Meant leaving the house and getting beer and whatnot even though it was raining. On my 4th beer now. I'll talk myself for the trouble tomorrow.

It's a short 5 minute walk. I'm just a nervous wreck because I'm starting somewhere new and have really bad anxiety. Will probably only have a couple drinks in the morning.

>stop drinking for two days
>feel extreme euphoria/happiness after quitting
>continue drinking the third night

If you are feeling extreme euphoria 3 days after stopping you are fucking fine. Enjoy your brewski. Stick to beer

I've slow down a lot in the past months and only drink at night, but I really want to quit completely. Been to the hospital in the past for withdrawals btw.

>think im not an alc anymore
>lose job
>drink 12-18 drinks a night, with binges on the weekend for nearly 2 months

wew lad.

take away social obligations like work and my default is drinking. went back to AA today, felt kinda good desu.

alcoholism is fucking tricky. Only disease that will try and convince you that you dont have it

This is why I say having a job you're committed to and depend on, or having an /out/ hobby you can't do drunk is the best cure for alcoholism.

part of the reason i went back to aa was because i couldnt enjoy a lot of activities if i wasnt wasted, vidya sober was terrible, wouldnt work out because felt like shit all the time

This is why I'm kind of happy I joined the military. As much as I hate it, it really keeps me in check. So far I've only shown up drunk once after 2 months. Without it I'd still be a bum drinking close to a handle a day starting right when I wake up. Now I only day drink on the weekends. During the week I'll usually only drink about a 6 pack a night. Trying to slowly lower how much I drink. Might be able to quit completely by the new year. Some days I really don't even feel like drinking anymore. It's just tough when everybody knows you as the drinking guy. Especially when I go back home to visit my old buddies when I'm on leave. I just feel like it's disrespectful to not drink with them.

Good on you then. smarter than me. I just don't want that shit in my file. I just taper as scientifically as I can... Kind of a reverse exponential taper. I haven't had liquor in 3 days and I was in rough shape. the first couple days was soul crushing emotional hell. I gotta drink beer for the rest of the week tho. I really don't have any intention to not drink beer. You gotta want to to pickle yourself on beer..

hahahahahahaha death is too good for us hahahahahaha enjoy your long slow painful deaths while you hurt everyone around you hahahahahaha

Wow. Check out the edge on this fucking 9000 times folded meme. Sharp as a razor. Faggot

hahahaha hit a little too close to home for you lassy??? there's only one place in this world for cunts like you and me

Posted on here six days ago asking about how bad the withdrawals were. First few days were not that bad these past few have sucked. I'm on serax taking one every six hours. But today I felt like shit and hoping I can go to sleep tonight and feel better tomorrow. I have to check in with the doc tomorrow too but I'm already considering buying some booze tomorrow if I don't feel any better. Ugh.

How many nights of getting drunk a week would you consider a "problem"?

about 4 days after stopping I become like half-way normie and start actuallydoing my job, exercising, reading etc. Then a few days after that I always end up back drinking 4 days strait. Repeat for 2 years now. I'm kind of curious to see if i can last 2 weeks without drinking, but I've tried that before and it doesn't happen/

You'll know when it's a problem, trust me.

When I see a really cute girl irl, I'm often in the liquor store within the hour, and drinking for a few days.

Yeah what if it did. And who you calling lassie Sally?

It's funny too cause I am a bit buzzed (off the rum for now and fine with beer) and I didn't se the "us" and read it as a simple scathing sarcastic insult from a sober person. Guess I'm projecting a bit

well left the addiction treatment center. desu im not sure i should keep browsing this thread, makes me want to drink again.

The life of the rich and the constantly smashed is the life I lead as I sit on my ass.

Cheers.

Go away!!!

Don't know what to tell you man. Should probably avoid shit that makes you want to drink for a while. I find that sobriety just gives me the confidence to start drinking more.

yeah im still going to meetings, was done the "classroom" part of it all, would have just been sober living with a bunch of stupid fucking rules
now im in my own basement suite, shits cash

This thread is turning into my meetings. Never been to aa. No intent to stop completely.. But at least motivates me to get through any withdrawals I encounter by cutting back. And closer to baseline. Jerks for me but absolute sobriety doesn't work for me right now. If you want it tho, that's all. You really need. I've done it. Just never with the desire to make it permenant.

>drink for 2 months straight
>quit cold turkey
>zero withdrawals

Feelsgoodman.jpg

Any one else lucky when it comes to detox?

Tried a myriad of things and have been able to stop cold turkey.

Includes things like alcohol, tobacco, illegal and prescription drugs. Addiction has no effect on me.

I think we should get an extra weekend day. its not fair. weekdays have 5 and the weekends have 2
what kind of bullshit is that

how old and how long have you been drinking for?
>2 months straight
lmao

I agree. I have no classes Monday so that's basically the same. Fucking lifesaver, I love getting drunk in peace on Sunday nights

21. I started drinking at age 16. I know 2 months isn't a lot but I know people who've had withdrawals after a month.

well enjoy it while you can i guess
i sure did at your age

How old are you now? Jw.

28, drinking since i was 18, daily since probably 22
sober the past 3 months
the past year i started having seizures while stopping, unable to quit, would drink for days on end rather than just at night, etc etc

How many drinks a day did you average at your worst? And did you go to the hospital for whithdrawal? I have a lot of alcoholism in my family so I'm trying to stay on top of things (as much as I can)

not OP but my hangovers changed from headache/nausea to something very different around 23

comes on light at first, sense of doom, sort of weak and the feeling that maybe a beer with lunch the day after might help.

next thing you know youre going out of the house on bs errands so you can slam something back in the parking lot so the fear goes away

i never got DT's and my WD symptoms were probs pretty minor but you know it when you feel it

>How many drinks a day did you average at your worst?
probably 750ml a day or so
>And did you go to the hospital for whithdrawal?
lots
>I have a lot of alcoholism in my family so I'm trying to stay on top of things (as much as I can)
kek probably too late for that
you'll find help when you need it

I know this is a retarded question, but I need to know. Is there a way to snap out of being drunk? It can be within 30 minutes for all I care. Getting extremely paranoid every time I get drunk, and I want to sober up so I can stop.

slam down some water and some food and some coffee, wait like 30 minutes maybe take a nap, vomit, take a shit etc

Work out and take a cold shower.

This is what I experience. I don't sneak tho. A hangover for me is just feeling generally shitty but I know I can make it. Withdrawals for me are when that sense of doom comes. Like I may have died at some point and am just living a nightmare purgatory and my soul is lost in the ether. Not completely lost but my connection to it is tertiary. This subsides after a few days. My heart beats normally after a couple days. My appetite starts to come back and everything turns out okay. I flirt with this. Problem is it's happening more often than I would like. First time was last year.

Had my first beer when I was 13. Started binge drinking at 17. Didn't drink regularly till was about 25. Haven't been sober over a week since then except I took 2 months off after tapering off my first no shit dt withdrawal last March. Drink steadily but not to excess most of the time but sometimes I'll down a bottle. That's when I get withdrawals. Just getting over my 3rd or 4th. I'm 35. Don't fly too close to the sun young bucks. You will know when you have.

im 25 now, giving aa a second go.

the doom feeling is surreal. i never got full dt's but the anxiety gets so intense in that state that i would say that some of the worst ones were near delirious.

usually would get it bad after a weekend liquor binge that was preceded by my regular beer habit. its this terrible feeling that you might just die and float away.

weirdest part was the shaking.i never visibly shook but my hands felt like they were. like the electrical connection was shoddy, that and the brain zaps, those werethe worst

alot like pic related

I am familiar. Same pattern for me. The doom only comes after a binge, usually drinking my way out 2 days in a row. The thing that got me the worst in the only no shit dt I think I've really had (I've shaken when I was younger.. But that was due to being an idiot when I was in my late teens drinking way too much in a few hours) was being exhausted due to anxiety getting in the way of falling aslee.. Drifting just Avove unconsciousness in turmoil for hours and when I finally relaxed enough to feel safe enough to drift off to sleep I would feel this crazy wishing noise fill my head and a terrifying sense of panic like I was falling off a cliff and I would jolt up in a start, filled with adrenaline and have to start the process over. This went on for a few days. I actually went home to my old mans house and stated there for a couple more days. Lucky my job was flexible I guess.

One of the worst experiences of my life.

And yet I still flirt with that shit. Fucking insane.

Ugh yup Only thing it's missing is a tight chest with a heart that skips a beat every time you wonder when it's going to stop.

For the record I just remembered there have been two no shit dts. First one was actuall November of my 33rd year. Hunting trip in the north woods. Liquor every day. Drank my way out for 4 days straight. In my memory I actually chalked it up to a bad trip on psychedelics, because that's how it felt. Same crazy shit tho. Just without the whooshing.

hang in there user.

hopefully we can both get away from this shit

>tfw as I've gotten fatter, my alcohol resistance has increased

tolerance

that's the word I meant to use

Went to drinking 5 times a week to 3 times a week. Baby steps right bros?

that fat is clogging up your brain

>tfw

it's okay, I'll die soon

being perpetually drunk is amazing. ive been drinking since friday afternoon

I just started drinking grain alcohol. Is the my sign to stop?

Yes.

Have you gone to sleep yet, or are you waking up drunk

it's Monday morning. just bought some more booze. been sleeping in 3 hr bursts when i get too drunk

I do the same thing but in 6hr bursts, Not sober when I wake up but drunk either.

>drink 6 hrs
>sleep 6 hours
>drink 6 hours
>sleep 6 hours

and so on

Alright, I'm making this my last bottle of it ever. Taste like shit, anyways. it doesn't even give me a buzz, just a full on drunk.

There's no weed thread and I'm also developing alcohol problems so I'll post here I guess.

It's been roughly a couple hours since my last high ended and now I'm crying again.

I drank half a bottle of gin last Friday and I want to drink more but I really should be sleeping rn. Why does my tolerance skyrocket so quickly? Last week I could still get drunk off of two beers, and I only drink maybe twice a week..

I'll just get crossed tomorrow instead....

stfu and have a drink faggot

How badly has alcohol ruined your face?

youtu.be/xRB1kUdCyZQ

b-but user I have an interview tomorrow

had 1 meal in 3 days. been drinking sugary booze

I drank a quarter litre of vodka last night then drove to work 6 hours later, was that a bad idea? it's a 25 mile drive btw

anybody having a drink atm

I had 375ml of whiskey about an hour ago. I should probably feel something but I am just tired.

where are you from?

why's that?

should i buy more booze? I'm not drunk enough to pass out

when it interferes with your social, work or family life. if you drink heavily on Fridays and Saturdays like me who doesn't ever go out on those days then it's not really a problem.

If you value your long term health though then it is a problem, but I don't want to live long anyway.

I AM HIGH AND I AM DRUNK AND I AM GOING TO STEAL ALL YOUR FUCKING FOOD

sure, why not?

Is anyone up? Just woke up shaking and sweating at 4:30 am. Took a few shots and finished my food from yesterday evening. I'm waiting for the tired to hit me but I doubt it will, what's up al/ck/?

i just cooked some steam.

Doing alright, working through the hangover and shitposting when no one's looking. You a NEET or a wageslave?

How does one cook steam? Aside from the boiling water part...
I'm doing well. I would consider myself a NEET, but I'm young and have money that I've saved up. I'm visiting friends and they're all normies at drinking so I'm alone in my strifes at the moment. But since I'm out of town they know where ALL the great food is, which is a plus. I know it's a shitty meme, but I'm glad I'm not in flyoverland.

Although I have been a wagelsave at several points. For being a millennial faggot and a hard worker I've managed to save up a pretty decent amount. I'm great with personal finance and between a dishwasher/prep cook job and working for Whole Foods (we always called it whole paycheck), I bought myself a $11,000 car and saved enough money to pay my rent and travel wherever I want for the next two-ish years.
The al/ck/ has hit me bad lately, I really hope it doesn't fuck up my fiscal planning but I'm up to a handle of vodka per day...
How's your shit going, user?

Also- you can't get hangovers if you utilize hair of the dog. An old (literally old as fuck) buddy taught me that. Sure, it's a bad idea in the long run. But you're already posting in these threads, aren't you?

>It's been banned in several countries for a reason
Cigarette taxes. Snus is too effective to stop smoking.

Dude seriously tell me how you cook steam, I'm fucking intrigued.

Did you mean steak big b0ss? That would explain things.

eh, not too well. my mental health has been steadily deteriorating this last year and I refuse to take the meds the mental health people prescribed me. I drink heavily on the weekends mainly to make them feel more worthwhile before I have to go to work.

I'm still pretty young so I haven't acquired the taste of any alcoholic drinks, (literally hate the taste of anything with alcohol in it) so I just down as much cheap vodka as I can and drink pepsi immediately after so I don't have to deal with the awful taste.

i wanna try some rose wine

how is it

i kno u ppl have some problems along w/ ur drinking problem but i also just want to know how rose wine tastes like sry

It's ok served ice cold on a hot day.

It tastes pink. Get the third cheapest bottle in the store and try it.
What is the girl holding in her mouth, the water bottle is unopened?

oh
>It tastes pink
im sorry i cant help buthink nail polish remover
>What is the girl holding in her mouth, the water bottle is unopened?
its air!

Got an infected gum next to a wisdom tooth. It's fucking killing me. I planned to drink what I have left and then eat Indian takeout until I was full and pass out but I'm not sure I can even chew at this point. Should I just go buy more booze instead? Only got 50 minutes to decide.

drink more so you don't feel it, go to the ER. They will shoot your gum full of novicaine

>infected
robitussin and go to the er like said
get ur shit together

You need medical attention, it won't go away like that.

>im sorry i cant help buthink nail polish remover
I taste like wine, not red wine, but not exactly white wine either. Some consider it girly, snobby French consider it not real wine, I think it's OK for a non-pretentious drink.
Shouldn't taste of isopropanol.

ohh
ill try it

>Go to the ER
Bunch of slack-jawed faggots around here

Take painkillers and make an appointment to a doctor. Afterwards pat yourself on the back and treat yourself with a bottle of vodka because you did the right thing in the right order.