Do Americans really spend 5 USD on this shit?

Do Americans really spend 5 USD on this shit?

Other urls found in this thread:

starbucks.com/site-selector
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>mfw I first noticed that the mermaid is spreading for me

Collegefag here. I pass by the Starbucks/Dunkin Donuts stand when going to class. The line there fucking disgusts me. It's always filled with white girls thinking that if they don't have it they'll die. And I see the same ones there every day. Gotta love Daddy's money.

Yeah I don't know why though. Their regular coffee tastes like burnt shit, their flavored coffees are sickeningly sweet, and everything on their menu is overpriced.
Then you have the diabeetus-in-a-cup type drinks which are like 2000 calories and have enough sugar to kill an elephant.

Yes they're that indoctrinated and retarded.

Dumb 20 year old girls, yes.

literally shitty coffee tastes far better than Starbucks

>enough sugar to kill an elephant
Amerifats are bigger than elephants

Where I work the Starbucks is run by our catering company, so they don't fuck it up like regular stores do

Agreed. What pisses me off more is how there is so much variety in terms of great smaller cafe's and places to eat/get drinks on my campus yet every single day they choose this crap. Indoctrinated, vain stupid fucking individualists with pleb taste buds who are obsessed with looking a certain way.

Yes and they eat this shit up. Coffee is shit. Ice coffee is tolerable. Other espresso drinks are just too damn sweet and still shit. Frappuccino are annoying and retarded

t. Former Starbucks employee

I sometimes pay $3 for a large black drip. Their non-flyover shops have daily stuff that can be pretty good, and I don't mind their greasy pike. I sometimes roast my own to that point on purpose. Pairs well with peanut butter.

Hahahaha what a fucking dumbass

Hello funnyjunk. Keep the content thievery on your own site please

What is flyover

>I'm waiting for the espresso autist to check this thread.
>Ditting grinder user here.
I checked out SSP but the seem kind of sketchy not even having a website and obviously being based overseas. Have I got the right company emailing Hansung Lee?

Faggot

I have a Barnes & Noble membership. I get 10% off and $2 off coupons print every time I buy something. Got a venti drink for 3 bucks. Not bad for once a week famalam.

More like $2, since I'm just getting coffee. Although sometimes I'll pay for the nice stuff brewed up on the fancy machine, and that's closer to $5

i like those bagel bites they offer desu. but yeah, they're coffee is often burnt

City fags love that shit for some reason.

so many people drinking fucking starbucks at the airport,, youre about to sit in a fucking plane for 5 hours, take a fucking nap

There's wifi now on pretty much all planes, I'm working.

For me it's carelessness with money/healthy body, I but it because it's not my money that's being spent and I'm not a fatass
Has nothing to do with class or how I perceive myself, I just like the taste of a white chocolate frappucino with a shot of espresso (the sweetness has to be toned down) and Starbucks is pretty much everywhere.

Gotta love feeling so smug 24/7, judging people for going to Starbucks and creating elaborate backstories.

>Americans
What kind of godforsaken third country do you live in that doesnt have a Starbucks

starbucks.com/site-selector

I'm more of a McFrappe guy.

I can't help it if I feel superior to a drone who drinks a cup of $5 Starbucks coffee every day like they've never heard of a god damn coffeemaker.

$5 is probably on the low end of what the average person spends at the 'bucks I work at. It's an office building so 90% of the customers are daily regulars, and it almost seems like they compete with one another to have the most "individual" beverage possible. Generally, the more you customize the more expensive it's going to get. And I've seen some crazy long orders that make a tall latte over $10.

In Australia Starbucks always opens up a store near a well established Australian cafe and then 3 months later the Starbucks closes it's doors and disappears.

I've only ever had Starbucks once, it was fucking awful, McDonald's makes better coffee.

Yes, that is an apples to apples comparison.

yep, literally everybody but me drinks this kike garbage at my office in nyc, even the spic and nig nog maintenance workers have some common sense and drink dunkin donuts for half the price

>poorman's /sip/

I spend three dollars on drip coffee once in a while. Starbucks coffee is around 2 dollars if you get it without any additions

Let us make this the new meme to derail all coffee threads from here on out.

A black drip in their largest size is $3. People pay for it because they're not home.

This. McDonald's McCafe in Australia is pretty legit

The only thing worse than the people who buy their coffee is their employees
Girl I know is all self righteous because she went to "coffee university" with starbucks internship or some nonsense. She's now an expert on coffee and tells me why I'm roasting my beans wrong and big ups the way they do everything commercially in house like it's some secret artisan fucking magical skillset

You make low quality mass produced coffee quickly and efficiently, whoop te fuckin doo

I get this, it's the reason McDonalds is so popular- extreme convenience
The difference with Starbucks is that they're ultra expensive and pretty awful if you actually like coffee

>only paying $5 at Starbucks
I work there and people regularly spend 7+ dollars on a drink, even more if they get something to eat with it

>This. McDonald's McCafe in Australia is pretty legit
plus I'm more of a McFrappe guy, myself

Been to hundreds of Starbucks, never a homeless guy outside panhandling. How do they drive out these rats?? Do they have some strategy? Seriously curious, as every other store has them out front or every the corner in Seattle.

>Do Americans really spend 5 USD on this shit?

My buddy will get a triple-throw-down-half-caf-up-your-ass for $7.00, then throw the $3.00 in change into the tip bucket....

It's amazing that people rationalize chugging a caramel-drizzled milkshake every morning because there's a shot of caffeine in it. Walked past one of those yoga pants ponytail types this morning, clutching a massive vat of foamy milk and stuffing a big sweetroll down her gullet with the off hand. Sadder still because my city has dozens of "craft coffee roasters," several of which are actually quite good and even the memeiest of which is better than Starbucks.

more like $8, they'll also sit in a drive through line for 30+ minutes for it as well

>tipping at starbucks
do you tip the mcdonalds guy too or what?

>t. tryhard faggot

I used to be a barista at Starbucks. We just call the police if someone spends more than five minutes out front.

>work in coffeeshop
>people order macchiato
>have to ask them if they mean a real macchiato or starbucks caramel syrup abomination
>have to explain the difference every time
>they always mean the starbucks version

>spends more than five minutes out front.

Oh, I'm sure they rushed there quickly since sidewalks are public property and there's literally nothing they can do about someone peaceably walking or standing on one, you cuck. Thanks for distracting them from dealing with real issues because you got scared of the smelly, downtrodden, PTSD vet who might want a glass of water.

How much customization is there actually?

Latte + almond milk + vanilla syrup + special coffee bean + extra espresso shot is what I can think of.

angry hobo detected. Shopping centers are not public property.

You forgot cream and extra shot

*Extra syrup, not shot

I think of it as an investment. I spent four years going to a single Starbucks nearly every day and buying coffee there. But now I'm ingrained as THE regular of the store, the entire staff knows and likes me, and I get free coffee whenever I want for what amounts to the rest of my life, because whenever new blood comes in they learn from the current employees who I am and why I get free shit, then they start doing it too.

for that four years worth of expensive crap coffee you could have gotten a lifetime supply of good coffee.

>go to the 'bucks for the first time
>ask for a grande dark roast black coffee
>it's $2.50
>16 oz
>tastes great

Damn it feels good not to have autism

Sure, but that wouldn't be coffee I can just pop in and grab when I'm working. The convenience is a big part of the investment, as are the connections. I'm near a big university so a lot of professors with ins to their various fields and speakers with clout will come through, and I'll get the chance to meet them. Plus it's a convenient place to meet with potential investors; you'd be surprised how easy it is to impress people you assumed were influential and intimidating with something as simple as getting them a free cup of coffee.

>this assblasted that people in the first world enjoy a police force that keeps the public areas clean of filth
Jesus Christ, Jed. Calm down and shuck some corn or whatever.

>mfw all these buttblasted poorfags
starbucks is shit though I agree.

A large coffee there is like $2.50

Maybe if you want one of the spicy pumpkin bullshit sugar milkshakes there you'll spend $5.

still overpriced, can get 20 servings of decent green tea for that price

>Not liking liquid charcoal is autism
ok

You're paying for the cup, the time to brew the coffee and the convenience