What are some meals I can make that can be stored cold and reheated that don't taste like total shit?

What are some meals I can make that can be stored cold and reheated that don't taste like total shit?
>Work out in the middle of nowhere
>Only options are Dominos, Royal Farms, McDonalds, and a couple mom and pop pizza places
>Either expensive or really unhealthy or both
>Have minifridge at work and a microwave

Salad you fat bitch

Not that fat bitch, but salad really doesn't hold up in the fridge. Tomatoes and onions get especially fucked by cold

I'm 120lbs, I know I still need to lose another 15 but fuck salads

Savory pies

Burritos are my standard meal for work. Make a big batch, stick them in the freezer, microwave them at work, ez. If you flavor them mildly then you can give yourself the illusion of variety by using different hot sauces when you eat them.

Things I've had good luck with
>pasta jambalaya
>chicken casserole
>enchiladas

Tamales.

Ramen of different flavors yum

Chili always tastes better after a few days in the fridge

Curries actually get better after freezing, I reckon. Thai green especially and laksa too

Oven chicken breast and quinoa or some other side-dish.

If you brine the chicken beforehand it keeps being "fresh" even after being in the fridge and microwaved. Quinoa is also good for re-heating as opposed to rice which might become dry.

Soups are the only I can think about

Any kind of "wet" food reheats really well. You mentioned soups, but stew, pasta sauce, jambalaya, gumbo, chili or anything that's braised works just as well.

Disagree with pasta sauce, unless you keep it on the side and reheat it separately from the pasta

I said pasta SAUCE. As in sauce only. I did not mention pasta itself.

Yea, sauce (especially meat sauce) improves, cooked pasta does not.

But if you make a bunch you can just ladle out what you need and heat it up in a pan while you boil your pasta. Use only as much as you need for that meal, keep the rest in the fridge.

However, already cooked pasta does pretty well if you sprinkle some extra cheese on top and bake it. That's one way to handle things if you've already mixed the pasta and sauce together.

I get this wouldn't be for everyone but I really really like dahl. I just make a ton of rice, pop some lentils into a pot and add the sauce stuff, and eat it the whole week. Sometimes I'll boil some sausages, fry some chicken, or use whatever meat/protein I have in the fridge as a bonus. Keep the rice and lentils in a big tupperware, chew on some jerky as it microwaves, and its a fuckin' feast. I love dahl so goddamn much.

You implied pasta though and reheated pasta is gross. Dont bother with further damage control, you'll end up looking stupid.

>You implied pasta though
I did not. That's why I used the word SAUCE and was careful to avoid using the word pasta.

Pre-cooked pasta does not reheat well. That's why I specifically avoided mentioning it my post. In what world do you live where the term "pasta sauce" means there is automatically pasta there too?

"Pasta" can mean either plain pasta or a dish of pasta and sauce together. "Pasta sauce" only ever means sauce by itself. You are being foolish.

>Dont bother with further damage control, you'll end up looking stupid.
Point proved.

You definitely used the word pasta, user.

user, make soups and stews. They're cheap, healthy, and easy to make. You spend an hour making a two-gallon batch, eat from it fresh for the first day or two, then portion out the rest in freezer bags. Spend $2 on a loaf of bread when you want to thaw your soup and heat it up.

I would heat an oven to 350-degrees, and set the bread in it for five minutes. While the bread is toasting, you pop your soup in the microwave for three minutes. Boom, you have a homemade meal.

L O N D O N

I fucking love tacos. I make pico de gallo to go with black beans and spinach. I normally use chicken or sausage if I add meat. Just keep the stuff separated from the tortillas until you're ready to eat. Bonus points if you can crisp the tortillas in a pan.

>middle of nowhere
>McDonald's, Domino's

I'm getting tired of millennials and their pansy ass ways

Heres one of my favorite soups. Southwest chicken chili. Blue collar single guy recipe here.

What you need.
Spices - 2 tbsp chili powder, 1 tbsp cayenne, 1 tbsp ground cumin, 1 tsp ground coriander.

Can goods - 2 cans or like 4-5 cups of chicken broth, corn with peppers, can of diced tomatoes, small can of tomatoes and chilis, 1 can cream of chicken soup.

Package of 2-2.5 lbs of boneless skinless chicken thighs.

Fry up the thighs in a bit of oil until lightly browned. Remove chicken and set on paper towels. Melt some butter in the pan and fry up some small diced onions on low / medium low heat for like 8-10 minutes. Then just throw all those canned goods and spices in and simmer.

Crackers, cilantro, cheese and sour cream make it even better.

no that's literally it, I'm surrounded by cornfields. Next closest thing is a Wendy's 30min away. Obviously there's some shitty chinese places nearby but I'm not going anywhere near them