What do you think of ham, Veeky Forums?

What do you think of ham, Veeky Forums?

ham is god i just wish tehy didnt have to kill cute hamsters to make ithow many hamsters do u think are in a block of ham? probably alot it makes me sad hamburgers to

Ham is great for sandwiches and little else

It's not kosher.

Parma Ham is the best

Shit-tier cook detected.

Ham is a fucking fantastic tool to use as a seasoning in your cooking. If you're doing a fry-up, stir-fry, or many other dishes like jambalaya or perlou then start with a little cured ham in your pan to build a base of flavor before you add your other ingredients. A chunk of ham or a ham bone added to a pot of beans or greens adds a ton of flavor.

'course that does assume you have actually good ham, and not the water-injected shit they sell at wall mart.

I think what you posted looks pretty bad.
When done right, however, it's fucking god tier. It's so flavorful that you almost have to consider it a seasoning rather than a primary ingredient of a dish.

Halal, please delete this.

you mean haram

Please specify how it looks bad.

It's haram.

-no streaks of fat in the meat. That was a very lean (i.e. factory farmed) pig. Which in turn means it won't taste of much.
-It's very moist on the surface. That suggests it was quickly "cured" by being injected with water rather than being dry-cured for a long time.
-The shape and the way it is sliced suggests that it is some kind of normal deli ham. -Boneless
-Color looks like it was cooked.

I have no idea what brand it is (obviously) but I'm guessing one of the big deli brands like Boar's Head, Morrell, etc. Looks like your usual wet-packed, fake-cured ham.

The good stuff will be kept on the bone. It's raw. And it is sliced like pic related. Notice the darker color, the streaks of fat, and slicing the other direction. Because it is kept on the bone it is cut with a knife, by hand, because a deli slicer can't handle the bone.

Here's a shot zoomed out showing the slicing.

It's not the same shit you retard
But yeah it still looks like shit

The stuff I just posted is very expensive, from Spain. I mean like $100/lb expensive.

But you can get something that's not so far offfor less than the cost of, say, Boar's Head.

Benton's ham. Tennessee. I buy these even though I have to mail order them. They keep for months without refrigeration because they are actually properly cured. They cost about $75 for a whole ham. Even with shipping added in that works out pretty fucking amazing. Last one I got was just a hair over 15 lbs. Even with shipping factored in that's under $7/lb. Scary good deal.

Yeah let's all just mail-order ham 100% of the time lol

>It's not the same shit you retard
Sure looks like it. What parts was I wrong about? What kind of ham was that? Just curious to gauge the effectiveness of my guesses.

People do that every year for the holidays. The Veeky Forums rush will be nothing compared to that.

>The Veeky Forums rush will be nothing compared to that.
Or the time Benton was on Mind of a Chef

if its good quality ham its good

if its not good quality its absolute trash

Wow, Jimmy Carter's got some nice meat there.

Honey glazed a best

what is this 9gag maymay

Underrated.

Me?
I personally love roast beef.

Every white in the south looks the same due to a long standing tradition of inbreeding. Gotta maintain "muh white purity," lol.

Is this kind of ham any good for sandwiches, though? Even though cold cuts have preservatives and such in them, ive grown to love cold cuts on my hoagies.

Everyone knows you're a /pol/tard just pretending, and you're not about to make a thread about ham political. Please go back.

Honey is pretty good, but I feel it's too sweet sometimes when I'm craving ham.