How often did your parents took you to mc donalds (and fast food places in general) when you were a kid?

How often did your parents took you to mc donalds (and fast food places in general) when you were a kid?

fBack on the day, for me at least twice a month since I was like 6 until I hit 9, then I got really fat and my grandpa wich is a doctor got really angry with my mother and he prohibited them to feed me fast food.

I miss my grandpa.

The only "Fast food" I ever ate as a kid was sometimes we'd go to the mall on a weekend and eat at the food court. I'd get a corn dog, or maybe pizza. Other than that my parents cooked nearly every single meal from scratch.

First time I had McDonald's was on a high school trip. I was excited about it because everyone always talked about McD's but I was disappointed when I got my food. It tasted awful compared to the hamburgers we cooked at home. Super-thin, overcooked, dry patty. Watery tomatoes, limp pale lettuce.

I'm damn glad I wasn't raised on that shit because now as an adult I have zero temptation to eat there. And that's good for my wallet as well as my health.

Only when we went on a vacation, we would stop and order breakfast. Or on our birthday, we could pick anyplace to go for dinner (but I never picked MCD).

We always went to taco bell rather than macdombles, maybe 3 or 4 times a month. Both my parents worked odd hours so they were usually too tired to cook unless it was the weekend, and 60 cents for a plain soft taco is tempting as hell.

>Watery tomatoes
I don't think you were at McDonald's, user.

Maybe like 5 or 6 times in my entire childhood. It was mostly parents of friends who would take me when we made a trip somewhere.

We always went to burger king because we were not poorfags.

Only when we traveled. We would each get $1 and could keep the change. I always got fries a burger and a shake

My mom would usually pick us up from school and take us back to work with her at Pizza hut and so we'd eat whatever we wanted to off the buffet and they unlocked the arcade machine so we could play on it. Then later my mom developed OCD and would only eat at like two different local places.

The only fast food i ate on a weekly basis was a burrito at this small shop. Didnt get fat though since I was always active.

Constantly. My parents were and still are alcoholics so they never cooked. Now I'm not dependant on them I haven't had McDonald's in years.

This. Can't have been more than 2 or 3 times for me.

I went more often with grandparents.

Never.
Dimmly rememberhaving been invited to kid's birthday party at Mc Donalds.
Short encounters with normality... I suppose I should remember those more fondly.

My parents were divorced, and whenever we went to my dad's house (twice a week) he's let us get as much fast food as we wanted.

My mom on the other hand put me on a slimfast diet at 12 (even though I was normal weight), and forbid me from eating normal food with the family. So when I went to my dad's I'd order as much as I possibly could, and stuff myself to the point of pain. When going to McD's, I'd often get 2-3 double cheese burgers, a large fry, and a chocolate shake. Sometimes tendies too.

The two extremes led me to develop extremely bad bulimia and binge eating, gaining tons of weight, which I'm only now getting over, over 10 years later.

Not really often.
My dad would take me to the bakery every weekend when we went into town to grab a meat pie. Outside of that, we'd maybe get a pizza for dinner on a Friday.

My dad would occasionally go get us hamburgers on Saturday for a lunch treat but he always went to locally owned greasy spoon type places. Only time I remember having pizza was when visiting cousins and they ordered a bunch of pizza hut. My dad just made that chef boyardee abomination for pizza. We never actually went to a restaurant when I was a kid (too many of us I guess). I never had chain fast food until middle school and started making my own money when I lied about my age and got a job dishwashing at a "mexican" restaurant owned by an Italian. I never really felt deprived, though.

on birthdays as a special surprise :)

This but in a non-sarcastic fashion

We would go to the 'za hut once every month. There was some funny program in school where they would give you a coupon for a free pan pizza if you read a certain number of books.

I'd give those little cuties a mcgangbang, if you know what I'm saying

Multiple times a week. Some of my favorite memories are eating McDonald's with my mom or going to long John silvers with my grandpa. The food was always good and they were nice to be around. I miss all of my family members.

First time I recall having fast food was when I broke my collar bone the day before kindergarten and they had sonic the hedgehog toys, so my dad obliged me because I was in pain and he felt guilty for yelling at me, most likely.

We were poor, so fast food was usually an emergency.

Maybe once week we went to maccas, but its fine cause i dont gain weight. Feelsgoodman

We used to alternate between Burger King and McDonald's almost every Saturday for lunch, and then pizza for dinner.

And...Further back, we'd have subway for lunch.

The trend is but a memory now

every other tuesday or so, my mum would take me to maccy d's while we waited for my sis to finish her piano lessons after school. comfy bonding time, the restaurant was located by the sea so we'd walk along the pier afterwards and look at the seals.
i dunno, i think the older generation look at fast food places with fondness, not just a place that serves unhealthy shitty food. my mum always used to go on about when they first opened up a KFC in her town as a kid, experiencing food and service like that for the first time, etc. and how her mother used to take her as a treat.

maybe once/month. it was usually sunday after church...that was back when their burglars were served in styrofoam containers

Once a week before I stopped lovin it

Your grandpa was an idiot, Mcdonalds twice a month is not the problem, the problem is the other 88 meals of garbage you were eating at home every month.

A couple times a year maybe, if even that.

Only a couple times a year, and mainly for whatever Happy Meal toys we desperately needed at the time.

rarely ate in at these fast food places, but at least we went out to local nonchain places once a week, miss being middle class as these days I go out to eat at restaurant 3-4 times a year for holidays or birthdays

I went 2-3 times a year. Nearly always mcdonalds. We occasionally went just for the strawberry sundaes they used to do, if that counts. Rarely went for happy meals.

I'm amazed at how many people here who have said rarely - it feels like a total fucking lie.

Anyways, as a kid, I didn't eat much and had divorced parents, so McDonald's/fast food was practically a "whenever I wanted it" thing. They were just happy to have me eat something. I maybe ate it twice a week? But honestly most of the rest were microwavable foods.

I weighed 125 lbs when I was a senior in high school, so it didn't make me fat.

My mom was kind of lazy so it happened a lot when she was picking me up from school. Still skinny as a motherfucker though

I used to play school Sports on Saturday morning, would sometimes get a McDonald's happy meal after that. Maybe twice a month at most.

I can still remember when the first McDonald's opened in my state and it was about a 45 minute drive from where I lived. Now I have a McDonald's at each end of my street so I can't leave the house without going past a McDonald's.

How old are you?

I only liked Wendy's nuggets, so not too often. I got it a lot more a lot as a little kid, but no more than two or three times a month I guess. Idk we weren't dirt poor back then but I would only eat those nuggets with honey. Burger King's nuggets used to be awesome too, now they're made of like bone meal and salted hair or something. I have to be high as fuck and happen to have only $1.50 on me to eat that shit.

Not very often, wasn't really a big fan of McDonald's growing up. My parents were pretty good about cooking, I was also incredibly skinny growing up and picky as fuck, it wasn't until I was like 15 or so that I actually started eating meat that wasn't turkey or chicken.

I'm 54 remembering back to the early 1970s a time of vietnam, the oil embargo, and whitey on the moon

Like once a week with a week skipped here or there.

I was the shittiest little kid who wouldn't eat anything. I would straight throw up foods if they didn't taste bland as all fuck like corn and chicken nuggets.

My parents were starting to hate each other too, so we would go out to sit-down restaurants like once a week as well.

The ride was over at 8. Not enough disposable income for food we didn't cook ourselves. I learned to not hate normal food watching Mom cook and tasting ingredients and following along.

My parents never ate fast food with me, ordering pizza was the closest to it.

Still only eat fast food if I have no other outs

Extremely often, several times a week. I was fat as a kid, I actually lost weight when I moved out as an adult. Eating a normal healthy diet came relatively easy enough. I just worry that years of being fat as a kid did some physical damage to me, but hey, that's life.

Every single day as is the American way, since the day I grew in my teeth till the day I hit puberty and got kicked out of my house which resulted in me not being able to afford to go anymore.

We used to go to Burger King on Saturdays before our weekly shop. Then we started going to a chinese restaurant instead.

Take out was once a week for my family. Not much money. I order takeout and fast food more often now because I have the money to buy it.

But when I was younger I could eat more of it. 20 nuggets, super sized fry I could take it down easily. My favorite burger was the double whopper and I'd get a poutine with it.

Very rarely for fast food growing up. Maybe Wendys twice a year or so. Other than that we would get a pizza once a month on a Saturday evening from a local place that I still crave 30 years later. I live 800 miles from there now though so my craving is never satisfied. Every other meal was cooked. Breakfast would be like oatmeal, farina, toast, something like that. Lunch was always at school whatever they had. Dinner some meat of any kind over cooked to death and potatoes of some sort or maybe some spaghetti and sauce. Weekend lunches or days off school it was nothing or some white bread with ham and cheese on it.

Maybe once a month max

Now I love fast food and actively prefer it to any restaurant

My house and school growing up were both in the middle of nowhere, so almost never. Only on a rare occasion when I went with my parents to the nearest town for something.

i had at least 2 birthday parties at mcdonalds

Multiple times a month. Including milkshakes.

Even though I used to puke because the milkshake was too damn fatty and basically sucking lard they'd keep getting my dumb little ass milkshakes

i had it as often as i wanted and i don't have any temptation. i loath that shithole. i'm a very healthy weight as well. it's not for any ecopolitical or other reason than that they make shitty, unhealthy, unappetizing food that's usually not what you ordered. it's a shithole filled with shitbrains serving shitfood.

Never. I thank them to this day for that.