Drive

What keeps you motivated to study? Do you personally enjoy your study course?

i don't have any mental illnesses and i'm not a lonely virgin so life is good and i am always motivated

1.the fear of failing or getting an embarrisingly low grade
2.some of it
probably don't have a mental illness and I'm not a virgin but I have never been happy, not even for a brief moment

Nothing
is me
fuck normies, you don't know how good you have it
I was always like this, I'm so fucking behind on everything and I don't know shit from what I studied
I should just finish this degree and do another one
I'm not really lonely and I'm not l diagnosed with anything, so I'm just garbage which is worse
But seriously fuck normies, I need to get my grades up

you are not me

>probably don't have a mental illness
>i have never been happy

Happiness is a delusion, people who accurately observe reality are always miserable.

I hate school but i love physics and math. What drives me is passing my classes with a goid grade so I can get out if college as soon as possible. I also wanna make good money involving the subjects I like. Do it for the paper that says you did it (your degree)

objective reality has nothing to do with it. mental illnesses are defined with respect to normative cognitive, behavioral, and emotional functions.

>What keeps you motivated to study?
I'm just full of curiosity most of the time. When I get low on curiosity and want to study I use to get into a more 'friendly' way of getting into the subject (say, a youtube video, talking with a friend, reading an article on it) and then the curiosity flows and I'm motivated to study and get the basics of the subject (so I can spend time making my own questions and conclusions). Most educational systems are shit because they leave one of the crucial aspects of learning; that is, encouraging the student to build his/her own path to answers, and obviously filling them with curiosity. There are subjects, however, in which this 'study method' won't really work well alone imo (engineering, laws or biology, for example).

I've been diagnosed with clinical depression for the last 4 years but I kinda changed last year thanks to getting a more individualistic and egoistic perspective to my life. I'm happy to say moral relativism has helped a lot to treat my depression. I have a significant other and motivation to keep on. I feel good.

>Do you personally enjoy your study course?
Going to start a math major this year, I'm motivated as hell for this. I want to specialize in analysis some day :)

most probably bait but people like you live a very shallow life and become Sisyphus

sure, maybe I have one if depression counts (if I even am depressed), but what if my life has just been shit from beginning to end? isn't melancholy an appropriate response?

After a while you don't need motivation. It's in my habit to study. I used to think it's fear of failure, but no it's fearing for what I'll think of myself tomorrow or next year.

>analysis
>unemployment here i come!

Surprising, I stop being so angry when I stopped being so individualistic and became more open and communal.

sure, and in a similar way, the development of PTSD is an "appropriate" response to a highly traumatic experience. but you should stop thinking that the way in which your symptoms were acquired has a bearing on whether or not you have (or have the right to claim) a mental illness. what matters is the resulting state.

Does anyone else have the problem where you are great at learning and research on your own but once you get into a formal uni setting, you cant focus for shit?

I just got accepted into the Physics Ph.D. program at Yale so I'm pretty happy. Keep up effort OP and one day when you're rewarded, it feels bretty gud.

nice thread

>What keeps you motivated to study?
I am very ambitious. That’s probably not a good thing but it sure as hell keeps me motivated

I'm great at research and work for my advisor and he knows it, but if someone puts me in a classroom and says "user solve this problem" I'm borderline retarded with how to answer them sometimes. Forgot how to do a basic fluids problem and my area of study is computational mechanics. Plus if someone puts calc 2 in front of me I don't have a damn clue how to deal with complex integrals anymore. Always use numerical approximations or a symbolic solver.

I genuinely enjoy the material. If you don't enjoy it why are you majoring in it

the big T

I'm majoring in music education, working on my PhD
>Tfw I'll be a doctor of music
>Tfw work teaching people how to play music
>Tfw I encourage people to major in music performance, effectively destroying their future

I need a job

>effectively destroying their future
kek

Good lad, you sound like my cool uncle.

interest is the only source of motivation for studying