Brainlet Confessions

I have trouble understanding how something in existence cannot have mass.

>Be me
>Want to make homemade spaghetti for Veeky Forums meme points
>Buy canned tomatoes
>Get plump tomatoes instead of San Marzano tomatoes

>Alot of students in my class(I believe) think of me as smart
>However I have trouble with fast arithmetic
>for example: 61*24 I can do the math on paper, but it is however difficult to do in my head.

most people dont expect others to be able do anything passed 12x12 tho

I can physically not stop visiting Reddit.

"Mass" or "matter?" I've seen a lot of people confuse the two in these contexts.

pretty much me

Mental arithmetic is a meme

as long as you do it just to fill up your fetish galleries...

[math]
E^2=\left (mc^2 \right )^2+(pc)^2
[/math]

It wasn't a hundred years ago... But now, yes, it is a uselss skill. It makes people like Euler even more impressive. He had to be a human calculator in addition to having every other skill mathematicians today have to have.

I can't rotate three dimensional shapes in my head. I can barely do two dimensional shapes.

me too

I used to browse only pol
I dont do even browse it now
ha

61*24=(60*24)+24=1440+24=1464

i always feel that im stupid and that i need more information but i dont care about getting more information cus i dont think that curiosity even matters
nothing matters but my tong sensors

It simply means that it has no resistance to acceleration

I have trouble solving physics problems, I try for only 10 minutes, then I give up and look at the solutions .

The real thing is that I don't understand the solutions too.

How much time do you spend on trying to understand the solutions?

Not much time if its a easy problem but the hard ones I spent hours.

I'm incapable of seeing how something like the mind can be physical.

>psychology

Pop went to shit many years ago. Not even because of the naziboogey man , the quality is shit, but that seems to be the consensus of all the popular boards.

I act confident about new material when I’m not confident about said content. Also, I’m always checking reference sheets.

mental math is for brainlets to practice to seem smart and is mostly based on simple methods they learn like parrots

I can't comprehend anything about newton's laws
t. mech engineering student

>cant tell left from right about 20% of the time
>take too long to make decisions, any short time limit i inevitably take too long and its too late or pick the worst possible choice
>still havent memorized some basic times tables
>barely learned anything in my calc and diff eq classes, not even because i suck at math but because legitimately shit professors
>i somehow managed to get an engineering degree and a well paying job i enjoy

I feel you bro, I also struggle with mental arithmetic, at times even ridiculously simple one like subtractions or simplifying fractions,
yet people come to me seeking help and explanations about the various topics we do.
Some people think I'm severely autistic because I can solve very complex integrals on the spot but I can't do 33 - 17 in my head within 5 minutes.

I believed the heliocentric model on faith, rather than scientific evidence.

I never understood quotient groups, permutation notation, field morphism, element/set distinction, physics, and spivak's calculus on manifold

Because you've made a judgement that things require mass to exist.

You are brainlet because you do not control your mind.

This is wrong, you are applying F=ma in a relativistic context. You still need a force to make light accelerate, otherwise solar sails wouldn't work.

A correct operational explanation of what masslessness means is that there is no minimum energy for producing the particle. But it would be nice to have an explanation that connected to our ordinary nonrelativistic understanding of mass.

Explain to me how it wasnt a 100 years ago, in 1918 they had paper, pens and the process to conduct computations longhand.

Because people who could do mental math had a tremendous time advantage on those who couldn't.

I constantly told my supervisor I understood things he said when I didn't have a fuckin clue about anything he said. Passed my defence though lmao

i am in a doctoral program but have trouble with analysis/advanced calculus proofs, can't remember theorems from undergrad analysis with the same detail that i can recall results in algebra

poor memory in general really

how do i not suck at analysis, i feel like an imposter

I need specific terms to answer a question, if someone asks me a broad question I freeze

I suck very hard at probability.
Anything more complex than the odd of rolling a 6 drives me to meltdown.