Are humans getting taller due to sexual selection?

The widespread notion seems to be that it's because of nutrition, but does that really explain the average height of Dutch men going from 5'3" in mid 1800s to 6' currently? What's the chance of a 5'6" man procreating compared to someone average?

average height of Dutch men in the 1800's was 5'3"
Source

>5'11
Phew...barely made it.

And aren't women getting shorter?

No, we are getting taller because of better diet and medical knowledge.

>but does that really explain the average height of Dutch men going from 5'3" in mid 1800s to 6' currently?
I don't think you appreciate how limited the average diet was before modern agriculture and railroads.

I'm 5'7"/5'8" and most men I see are around my height, thus I never questioned the fact that I wasn't short until I discovered the manlets memes.
Maybe where I live the average is different than the US one

The taller you get, the shorter your lifespan.

Average height of girls here is 5'5 and the higher ones usually don't go beyond 6 feet. I haven't gotten to know a girl higher than me yet, even though I see a few sometimes.
t. 5'10 kang

*taller *taller fuck this stuff we don't differentiate it

I'm skeptical of many hypothesis of sexual selection in humans. Ugly people will always settle for ugly people because unlike with animals, our society highly encourages being in a relationship even when it goes against the individuals' interests.

Sure, it may explain the prevalence of recessive traits like blue eyes, but people don't automatically flock to tall men just because of their height.

Is that why midgets are immortal?

To be immortal they would have to have 0 height.

tfw 6'1
this seems acurate, small girls give me a bonnner
keep telling yourself that. Also why would a manlet want to even live one more day

An ugly female would likely mate with a handsome male or not mate with anyone at all. Good-looking males mate with almost any female. So ugliness gets bred out.

We're going to be shorter in a few decades because I'm working on making amazon girls and tiny bois.

>Maybe where I live the average is different than the US one
It absolutely is. Average US height is 5'11". 5'10.5" to 6'2" seems to be the norm if you ignore non-whites, skeletors, and 6'6"+ gods.

They cross and the women line takes a nosedive right at 5'11", the average male height. That's not a coincidence.

>tfw 6'0 but like tall girls

>6'5"
>doable if you've been training from child
the mountain started lifting when he was 20 years old and he's 6'9"

lol i hope this is bait

>6'3"
>girl in my uni is the same height as me but always wears high heels
>mfw she smiles to me in the hall as she looks down on me

>tfw 6’3”

Greetings fellow 6’3” user, be careful of tall women that wear heels, they put the D in BDSM

I love that even at its peak, men’s is still less than one.

And I put the ‘D’ in pussy.

It's better nutrition really.
Early agricultural societies had shorter people than hunter gatherer ones due to a lack of diversity in their food.
As agricultural societies became more advanced they produced more nutritional foods and people started getting taller.

>tfw 5'6''

time to take girl pills

Tfw 5'

I dont even care lol

I'll do it, user.

Sexual selection has been constant since forever, nutrition has not.

>THAT'S A HUGE BITCH!

t. pic

No. It's due the fact that even giant babies survive. In the past giant babies died on the way out of womb.
I've read this somewhere.
>shouldn't this just increase diversity of people size?
No because also nutrition matters and similar to island nansim this is like population gigantism

Being short, fat and stupid is the new master race.

>all this science and progress
>cant even grow a few inches taller

we only have ourselves to blame really

So there is like maximum 10% difference between average height and the optimal 6'1-6'4 when it comes to messages? For the amount of shitstorm about height, this is fucking nothing. Especially considering a lot of people add an inch or two.
I hate the internet so much man. all this drama for nothing

El goblino...

>maxresdefault2

what kind of insufferable faggot makes youtube videos about a /pol/ meme

It's not a meme. The average American is a brown mongrel with no identity claiming to be ancient European, ancient African or Native American.

How many Mexican mutts claim to be native to northern America? How many light skinned blacks claim to be Egyptians Nubians n shiet. How many 1/4 Germans claim to be pure bavarian phenomtype?

dont know i dont give a shit im from europe

Judging by your spelling you are not from Europe Achmed

>/pol/ meme
It's an /int/ meme created to trigger amerimutts, specifically /pol/ amerimutts (who are muttier than the typical amerimutt), you retard.

sorry im not specialized in Veeky Forums memes.

>tfw 5'10

>5' pygmies still get 0.3 messages more than you per week

Umm... 5'3'' is still kinda average?

technically it will be average if you kill everyone