Cure for cancer

Anyone else extremely hyped about this?

youtube.com/watch?v=PLcm4U2E4yM

It sounds like a literal cure for most types of cancer (provided it works also in humans).

Sorry, I'm too busy arguing with flat-earth conspiracy theorists to pay attention to this.

god I hope I can be uploaded onto a computer before I die

Unironically this.

Everyone who already died from cancer is gonna be pissed

no
if you ever feel hype about anything, ever, then just assume you're probably misunderstanding the reality of the situation and you'll be right

hype and sensationalism are useless feelings, and don't propagate cancer vaccines as "cancer cured" lest you be promoting that same ignorance.

if you don't know what it means, then just ignore it or take the time to learn. your willingness to propagate a new idea is not more revolutionary than the thing itself that you're promoting, and it doesn't need you.

naive. countless ideas and breakthroughs were left untouched due to this type of passive aggressive outlook on ingenuity.

HABBENING!!!!

nah, people who take things seriously handle it long before your type of sensationalist nonsense touches it
if anything, you're setting an example that this shouldn't be taken seriously
just go find something better to sensationalize
go watch carlsagan42 play mario maker and spaz out about how cool it is that there's a biologist that likes video games. write articles about it. just do anything besides this garbage.

Why? That way you'd probably have no way of deleting yourself, which could lead to an eternal suffering

>projecting this hard

in any case, bringing attention to new ideas isn't some sort of meme. i don't know why i need to explain this. who do you think touches this? investors? other researchers? how do you think they get in touch with this instead of the 1000+ articles that get published every minute?

Principal investigators of the clinical trials, medical boards who review and approve clinical trials, trials designers who set up the comparator arms, a whole slew of medical journalism following the clinical trials for years beforehand, pharmaceutical companies who are funding the clinical trials, market research companies who are agents of the pharmaceutical companies who will then contract ad agencies for print and copy in the medical journals, participants in the clinical trials, the doctors who have had all these companies jam this down their throat for seven quarters in the medical journalism phase before it's ever reached the consumer journalism phase where you read an article about it in huffpo or on scischow's youtube channel.

Literally the entire industry that can influence the actual deliverable referenced in your video has already dealt with it, and you're just accelerating a misconception about what it means.

one month after human trials are complete, and the vaccine gets approved for human use, the healed test mice develop mutated highly contractible super tumor aids.

no one expected that

develops testicle herpes breast cancer in the brain

Every single "cancer cure" has later turned out to be hype.

Well seeing as thats not possible, i have some bad news for you...

The mice will be long dead by the time human trials begin.

>being a deathist
kys

>Thinking mind uploading allows you to experience the future
Delete yourself.

stop saying stupid shit on Veeky Forums

We have TONS of cures for cancer. We need TONS of cures because there are TONS of different types of cancers. This "new" cancer treatment isn't that new. It's called immunotherapy. The reason it's getting hyped is because with CRISPR and other gene editing technologies that same immunotherapy can be tweaked to work for literally any specific type of cancer. Again, you need to have a specific type of cancer in mind, which means you need a diagnosis, which means cancer can still eat your organs before getting a diagnosis leaving to with organ failure and/or death if you don't get yourself checked out or if the specific type of cancer is very stealthy.

So yes, it's not a 99.999% cure all for cancer, but it's a very powerful tool/treatment. Not hype, unless you're an easily excitable person who believes everything at face value.

not yet.

Its never going to be possible, and only brainlets think otherwise. If I violated the no cloning theorem and made a perfect atomic replica of you, down to the orbit of every electron and every neurological connection, would you see through that clones eyes? If he traveld to the opposite side of the world and stubbed his toe do you think you would even know it happened unless someone told you? If you answered no to either of those questions why the fuck do you think a computer would be more capable of containing your consiousness than a perfect atomic replica? Mind uploading only allows the future to experience you, it doesnt allow you to experience the future.

This.

>vaccine
>cure
>implying chimeo and rays are not cures
DUDE

I think therefore I am

>citing a retarded philosopher in the wrong context
Fuck out of here brainlet.

True.
Cisplatin cured testicular cancer yet no-one talks about it.

The literal cure for most types of cancer will not be announced on YouTube.