I'll start

>black holes and neutron starts have never been observed and don't exist

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crab_Pulsar
hub.jhu.edu/2013/06/14/black-holes-x-ray-light/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stellar_black_hole
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_black_holes
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Are you listing some of the untruths which rile people who know physics or are you making false statements yourself?

Pulsars are neutrons stars and have been observed. Even when the beam doesn't happen to point in our direction, they can still be seen. There's a rapidly blinking point at the center of the Crab Nebula.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crab_Pulsar
Nothing else could hold together against 30 revolutions/second.

Black holes are also seen, albeit indirectly, through the radiation from their accretion disks, their influence upon the trajectories of nearby objects, gravitational lensing, and (most recently) gravitational radiation.

> Red Dwarfs are good candidates for colonization, because m'Trappist.

Rustled.com

>black holes have never been observed and don't exist
So what exactly is Sagittarius A* then?

There is pretty significant observational evidence for both though.

the absence of evidence is not evidence of absence

They do, but they are just super massive objects and have none of their postulated exotic properties (singularity, wormhole, time-slowing, hawking radiation etc.).

Black holes have been observed though. Not directly but that’s impossible by the definition of “emits/reflects no light”. We have seen massive stars at the center of our galaxy orbiting seemingly empty space at high speeds. This implies a large gravity well that emits no light. If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, its a fucking duck.

The image clearly shows that it's a star.

A star the emits no light and is many times more massive than the stars orbiting it. Go ahead and describe what properties such a star would have.

>orbiting seemingly empty space

except those spaces are never empty. There are always strong radio or x-ray sources. (which is funny because black holes are the one thing that even light can't escape from, yet they are always emitting high energy radiation) Nobody ever observed a "cold"or "silent" black hole that only gives away its position via an orbiting companion.

100% efficient Dyson sphere.
Or just shielded from earth.

Several "silent" black holes are known.
Invisible object of 5 solar masses or more "waltzing" with an ordinary star.

A Dyson sphere necessarily re-radiates all the light which strikes its inner surface.
It does so over a much larger surface area than that of the star it encircles, so the radiation comes out as infrared.

Learn something about thermodynamics and Dyson Spheres (other than from ST:TNG) before posting again.

Space travel isnt possible because rockets work with oxygen and there is no oxygen in space.

>Things that rustle Veeky Forums autistic jimmies
Most "scientists" don't even use the scientific method.

Could you kindly point me to the name of that black hole. I couldn't find any stellar mass black holes that are not emitting either x-rays or gamma rays and don't have an accretion disk.

Dyson spheres don't weigh 4 million solar masses.

hub.jhu.edu/2013/06/14/black-holes-x-ray-light/

I know exactly how you will respond to this, because brainlets are predictable, but if anything x-rays confirm the presence of a black hole.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stellar_black_hole
gives a table. Anything more massive that 5 sols is almost certainly a black hole.
The table doesn't say which radiate but says "MOST of these candidates are members of X-ray binary systems in which the compact object draws matter from its partner via an accretion disk.", implying some aren't.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_black_holes
gives a further list but I'm not going to go through the links to see which radiate X-rays.

Those holes which were members of BH pairs (there are even some triplets) and were discovered through gravity waves as they merged would not have had accretion discs since there was no nearby star to feed them. After the merger, they're all alone so they're likely not emitting x-rays now either. But they're so distant we probably couldn't detect such x-rays anyway, so that's not proof. Anyway, I haven't heard of anyone finding an x-ray source in the most probable location of one of these mergers post-happening.

How can a dimensionless point practically hold any information about mass? On a diagram on a piece of paper, that's possible, but in reality? How would that be possible? I'd say "black holes" may exist, put the quantum singularity doesn't.

The singularity doesn't hold information about mass.
Nothing inside the event horizon can have the slightest effect on what's outside. The mass is gone but the space-curvature is self-maintaining. It's because the Einstein equation is non-linear. Which is why it's hard to find solutions. Gravity creates more gravity.
If not for that, BHs couldn't form or persist.
I have this on the authority of Kip Thorne.

>Image literally shows the black hole as a black star
>user makes a joke about it being represented as a star
>Other user doesn't get the joke

Why do we launch shuttles from all over the sides of the Earth instead of at the top or bottom

Consciousness causes wave function collapse.