Do you guys believe in God?

Do you guys believe in God?

I do

It's a possibility, I have no idea what I believe in.

was big bang cause by God?

perhaps in satan

Yep. Conservative Christian here. Ask me anything, bro.

I do believe in god. I looked for myself and found god, then I look for god and found myself; I read the Bible, multiple version to get the nuanced meaning, did what it said and my life improved immensely

but bible also talks about flat earth, do you believe it in also?

God exists whether you like it or not.

Not the "god" organized religions portray, but I do believe in a higher order of power than ourselves

>claiming an objective truth without evidence on a science board

When does it mention flat earth ?

>believing solely in empiricism

1 Chronicles 16:30: “He has fixed the earth firm, immovable.”
Psalm 93:1: “Thou hast fixed the earth immovable and firm ...”
Psalm 96:10: “He has fixed the earth firm, immovable ...”
Psalm 104:5: “Thou didst fix the earth on its foundation so that it never can be shaken.”
Isaiah 45:18: “...who made the earth and fashioned it, and himself fixed it fast...”

I do, yes

in addition to what evidence do you have that it is round? it looks pretty flat to me, only pictures from nasa say its round

>Believing

>NASA is the only organization to go to space
>Using lowercase letters for an Acronym

[spoiler]Ok, i'll bite.[/spoiler]
I actually want to understand. What do you base your belief on? Evidence, emotion, faith, multiple sources? If so, which source(s) are the most influence for you? Are you open to changing your mind?

That says it won’t fall apart, not that it’s flat

Prolly

>only pictures from nasa say its round
People had figured out that the Earth is round thousands of years before NASA.

How does it feel to be more ignorant than people who lived thousands of years before you?

So is it your belief that earthquakes are all fake?

I have as much reason to believe in God as I do to believe I'm Jesus.

No men flat anywhere there.

I guess I'll be the dissenting opinion in this thread and say no. I just can't accept believing in something as detailed and extraordinary as the Bible where there is no evidence that a god exists.
The leap of faith is too large for me.

I once believed in god, I was much happier then

>Does God Exist

Fuck if I know!

what does it have to do with earth being flat? and not moving?

Why is the universe so cold?

Used to. But after looking at some actual fucking science and not Hovind spew combined with really flawed "logical" arguments then there's really no option but atheism for me.

Best argument for god? Fine tuning of universe.

Worst argument? Literally everything else.

I'll believe in Him after I'll die, but as of right now that concerns me the least.

how do you cope with God and big bang at the same time? big bang seems like a random coincidence, and more to that evolution seems more like it doesnt need god at all so what is up with all that?

I don't give a shit about how our universe came to be? I am here to make heaven on Earth.

yea, so here is that, you dont care about the truth and reality, probably just care about your own satisfaction and comfort.

fine tuning is a terrible argument, we live in a "fine tuned" universe because as a matter of sheer probability this is the only type of universe that can harbour life

I'm not saying it's good, just that in my opinion it's the best out of all of them. That's mostly because I haven't learned much about it and I'm not solid on the multiverse idea.

After being raised Catholic (I was not molested) I became an atheist. Part of it was because our head priest (reverend although nothing about him was to be revered) was later accused of molestation and the so-called "Holy Roman Catholic Church moved him to a diocese in Spain where no one had ever heard of him. I was furious. Even though the statute of limitations was up for that particular case he should've been punished in SOME WAY.

So I became an agnostic but leaning more towards atheism. I still looked at other religions like Zen Buddhism and practiced meditation but I ended up becoming deeply depressed.

So one day, I reasoned within myself that I needed Vitamin D to fight this depression. What better way to get it than to walk the dog on a hot Florida day? So that's exactly what I did and with every step I took I felt a weight being placed on my spirit. I remembered things I had done in the past that I greatly regretted. With each step I took that weight became greater as another sin was brought to the forefront of my thoughts.

I eventually became so depressed that I felt as if I could go no further. I knew that I had really lived in a wretched way. So I looked up to the sky and I talked to God.

I didn't recite some Catholic incantation about Mary. I was done with that nonsense! I spoke to God using normal American English. The most important thing was that my prayer came from the heart. I meant everything I said.

I said something along the lines of: "God. Jesus. I don't know if you exist but if you do I just can't see how I'd be worthy of your forgiveness. But if you can forgive me I promise to love and serve you for ever".

1/2

As soon as I had said that I felt that spiritual weight be lifted off. I felt the most pure love surround my being. It was beyond words. Then God spoke to me. And I must stress that it wasn't like hearing a voice. It was as if the purest knowledge was somehow placed in my conscious awareness. It wasn't like normal conversation where your attention drifts off. Every other thought was pushed out of my mind and I could only focus on God's words.

He said: "I loved you even when you turned your back on me and I still love you; I don't condemn you."

After that I felt that peace and love that filled my being slowly begin to leave. I was returning to normalcy and I didn't want God to leave. I pleaded with him to stay.

He said: "I am with you always".

Since then I've been a believer. And I have to tell you that this experience is true. Its not just some wild tale. I was sober that day. This wasn't some kind of drug trip. I've used drugs and there's no drug that can even come close to this experience. It completely changed my life.

That experience is what Christians refer to as "being saved" or "being born again". Not everyone has the same experience but they all feel God's presence. That's why I believe and I wish I could share my memories with you so that you would believe too. But you can never come to know Jesus if you don't bother to seek for Him.

That experience is the foundation of my faith. The 1611 King James Version of the bible is the only bible version that I read from. I do not believe in evolution. I do not believe in the big bang. I am a flat earther. I am a young earth Creationist.

If you ask why I believe these things I'll try my hardest to give you the scientific reasons why but bear in mind that none of us knows it all. I think we'd be hard pressed to find a synthetic chemist on Veeky Forums or on Veeky Forums at all that can explain why its impossible for RNA to spontaneously generate.

Can you explain how existence is possible without God? What is the fundamental substance of "matter"? and how did it originate? Some say the universe has always existed, but this doesn't make sense, because entropy would have increased until there was no order. It's not logical to say energy came from nothing because this has never been observed in our lifetime, hence "energy can not be created nor destroyed." The universe had to have been caused by something which didn't have a cause. This is God, which is eternal, real, and infinite. Religions should never be interpreted literally; science does not disprove God or make him unnecessary because science can not and never will be able to explain reality without invoking qualities of what humans have always called God. A universe with a God is much more logical and beautiful than atheism.

In the 1920s and 1930s almost every major cosmologist preferred an eternal steady state universe, and several complained that the beginning of time implied by the Big Bang imported religious concepts into physics; this objection was later repeated by supporters of the steady state theory. This perception was enhanced by the fact that the originator of the Big Bang theory, Georges Lemaître, was a Roman Catholic priest.

laurence krauss is 100% right about philosophy of science by the way, it's a clusterfuck of a field

I am open to believing in a deistic form of a God. An indifferent deity is as good as a nonexistent one.

When people prove the existence of a God, they use logical arguments to say 'loook you cannot disprove god lelel'

I feel proving or disproving has nothing to do with it. What it is is how much God interferes with everyday life and that is not provable at fucking all. So all Religious dogma is still bullshit.

>Can you explain how X is possible without God?
"can your science explain thunder?! thor can!"
Why?
Why are these threads on sci?

I am indifferent to your incorrect opinion.

>I am open to believing in a (god in latin)stic form of god
misshapenheadfeelsguy.png

That's a lot too process, and I want to address it soon. But to start I'd actually like to focus on the other beliefs (or lack there of in this case) you mentioned.
>Big bang, "round" earth, evolution
Why do you not believe in these topics? I've known many christians and most are ok with all three, in fact the only major difference all lot of them have from atheists is that they claim god caused the big bang and guided evolution. And I'm not entirely sure those ideas are incompatible with your experience and the god you believe in. Where do you see the incompatibilities?

>Some say the universe has always existed, but this doesn't make sense, because entropy would have increased until there was no order.
I guess when the theory doesn't fit the facts, throw away the facts
>It's not logical to say energy came from nothing because this has never been observed in our lifetime, hence "energy can not be created nor destroyed."
Refutes the previous sentence

>"I loved you even when you turned your back on me and I still love you; I don't condemn you."
If this statement is true, then it falsifies everything the bible is founded upon; 'make the right choice or be eternally punished', making it an irrelevant work of fiction.
Nice that you can relate to the Jesus character... He was written to appeal to the self-satisfying right brain.