Where the fuck are all the von neumann probe's?

where the fuck are all the von neumann probe's?

the absence of evidence is not evidence of absence

>the easiest, cheapest and most practical way to research space before you can travel outside of your solar system isn't a major issue in proving alien life

I dont know

They haven't gotten here yet. We're only 13 billion years in to a universe that's supposed to be a lot like it currently is for next few hundred billion.

Life has existed in earth for about a billions years (one thirteenth the age of the universe) and chances are the universe was too volatile a few billion years ago to harbor life (planets too new, stars too hot, not enough elements yet, early metal poor and metal free stars bad for life from the type of radiation they gave off outside of the visible spectrum) and out of our 1 billion years of evolution, intelligent life has only really existed for about a 100+thousand years, and civilization has only existed for 6 thousand, and modern civilization has only existed for about 200. What are the chances life will evolve to form intelligence? If anything we could be an early exception to the standard of evolution, like the Babylon of intelligent life

big if true

>I'm just spewing some bullshit I've been told as if it's fact

they might not care about colonizing every fucking star they see

Ouch

WE ARE THE VON NEWMANN PROBES

poor man
i hope he is not traumatised :(

waiting for that second impact

>where the fuck are all the von neumann probe's?

They completed their run, and gravitationally collapsed into a singularity that birthed the current universe?

They're here, reproducing and sampling the native life.
Accelerating things to even a good fraction of the speed of light takes a great deal of energy. Anyone would make them as small as possible.
We call them mosquitos.

We ARE the Von Neumann probes!

They probably were destroyed by the Berserkers.

Because no one is so stupid as to make something that has the potential to mutate its code and end up being a major threat to themselves.

ayyliens realized already that there's no point in doing anything in real life when they can live their whole life in nicer a simulated world

In another galaxy

unironically this

We don't recognize them as such, but they're here already.

>we are the von neumann probes