USA flu season, killing 4,000 a week

bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-02-09/flu-caused-1-in-10-american-deaths-last-week

The current flu season is facing epidemic levels of death. 4,000 a week. This is similar to the American death toll from swine flu which hit over 12,000. This season is set to out-kill what swine flu managed easily and is getting worse.

63 Children Deaths as well, half with no prior problems that would make them susceptible.

Other urls found in this thread:

cdc.gov/drugoverdose/data/overdose.html
nationmaster.com/country-info/compare/Netherlands/United-States/Crime
allergystore.com/news/best-face-masks-for-bacteria-and-virus.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oseltamivir
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shikimic_acid#Uses
druginfo.nlm.nih.gov/drugportal/name/oseltamivir
chem.nlm.nih.gov/chemidplus/rn/1985606-14-1
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baloxavir_marboxil
books.google.com/books?hl=en&lr=&id=bGJlVrdqVTsC&oi=fnd&pg=PA319&dq=star anise virus&ots=3i73YH_stJ&sig=upLC-7djFL1-KlRFgSeyL_Fx3I4#v=onepage&q=star anise virus&f=false
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21389629
hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/hal-00885196/document
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

thanks for the heads up
keep us updated

Illegal cannabis kills more people.

cdc.gov/drugoverdose/data/overdose.html

The investigators found that approximately 245,000 deaths in the United States in the year 2000 were attributable to low levels of education, 176,000 to racial segregation, 162,000 to low social support, 133,000 to individual-level poverty, 119,000 to income inequality, and 39,000 to area-level poverty. Overall, 4.5% of U.S. deaths were found to be attributable to poverty—midway between previous estimates of 6% and 2.3%. However the risks associated with both poverty and low education were higher for individuals aged 25 to 64 than for those 65 or older.

>?>>

This shit right there is saying, that if you give people books instead of vaccines, you would have better things.

Forced to meet people in case of virus epidemics...

You deserve to die.

good work, fucking anti vexxers.

not surprising, I had the flu last month.

Could not keep anything other than plain bread and crackers for 4 days, and had about a 2 weeks of being sick with very little appetite. Barely left my bed, lost 15 lbs

It was brutal.

It's part a cultural thing. I think Americans in general, and good luck changing it, have a casual attitude towards the flu in terms of prevention. Meaning no one sick or recently sick will wear a face mask, people won't worry about touching things, and just in general there isn't much effort or care about avoiding spread.

Instead you have nurses complaining about group visits from schoolmates to visit sick classmates who then never wash their hands or really seem to understand it transmits between humans.

4,000 dead a week including 30+ normal health children seems like enough for society to care but still nope.

poverty's best solution is crispr. so I agree 100% we should fix it mate by introducing genetic equality to society.

don't think anti-vaxxers are to blame, the flu shot was really weak this year

this I got the flu shot and still died of flu

We vastly underestimate the danger of the flu. Think of these as test runs to a spanish flu type death rate or even worse weaponized one released anonymously. We are failing horribly and the threat is completely overlooked.

Without the general public working to not spread it and training/awareness beginning now we are even more royally fucked when a big one hits. It's probably just a byproduct of how fucking stupid average people are but it's pretty ridiculous we still don't have good hygenics related to stopping flu spread

[citation needed]

I caught it and it was mild and went away in 3-4 days because I don't get vaccines or flu shots, I exercise, and eat healthy foods, all unlike most Americans. Imagine that!

No, it doesn't. But legal tobacco does

Yeah, because "genetic equality" works so well - see incest

This is a bad thing. The death toll should be far higher. People need to stop taking vaccines so that their body can do the actual fighting properly. The will help kill off the weak. Healthcare in general should be removed and people should rely on their own families for healthcare. The gene pool is too muddied with stupidity and weakness. It will be the slow downfall of civilization if things continue as they are now.

That flu shot was fucking worthless. I still got the flu.

That's true but you also got the autism instead.

>have strong immune system
>can fend of all viruses and bacterial infections with ease
>laugh at immune-lets dying of the flu and cholera
>come to Western society
>everything is too clean
>immune system goes haywire
>die of autoimmune disease
Thanks a lot faggot.

That's not how it works, kid.

>why is the Spanish Flu killing people?
Gee whiz wow what a surprise

Can I have your stuff?

>>
underrepresented

I megadosed on Vitamin C (7-9 g) a day for three days when I started getting symptoms of the flu last month. Prior to that, I had been consuming 2-3 g a day religiously as outlined by Linus Pauling in his books. My " flu" symptoms completely disappeared by the 3rd day, and the most severe thing I experienced was sneezing and runny nose. Meanwhile everyone in my house was dying like ascorbic-acid-less fools.

Seriously, I recommend people give Linus Pauling's books a good read. The guy had it figured out.

ffs I wish i can just release the flu into air vents

Shamefur dispraay

So you've found money gene? Interesting.

So you think, it's ethical to deny their choice to get flu? Because you don't get one if you are vaxxed...

*interpret that as "illegality of cannabis kills people"

nationmaster.com/country-info/compare/Netherlands/United-States/Crime
It's not strictly by it... But legal cannabis changes a lot.

I don't really think, it's Tobacco what kills people of that distribution.

Still less deadly than Isreal.

>63 Children Deaths as well, half with no prior problems that would make them susceptible.
Are you sure they exercised? Most kids these days don't exercise, and as we all know, exercise is what stimulates production of hormones, hormones that are a necessity for optimal functioning of the human body's systems.

Maybe they lived in sterile enviroment.

it's because his year was cold as fuck
not normal
I got a virus then strep then something in my lungs
the strep was brutality even though you couldn't tell I had it unless I tried to talk

That's because in America - land of the free, home of the brave - people die for stupid shit the people in the EU stopped dying to a 100 years ago.

And - god help us - instead of solving the countries problems, we play world police and throw billions down the drain for nothing, but more and more firepower.

It's exactly how it works faggot.

It's more probable epidemic, because you meet at warm places...

allergystore.com/news/best-face-masks-for-bacteria-and-virus.html

Because for money developing vaccine, most people wear face mask, and weak immunity dies out.

That's not how it works, kid.

Anyway, the biggest problem with flu is that it can lead to other complications if you don't deal with it properly. A lot of people self diagnose it and then just take over the counter cold&flu shit and try to continue their working life as normal, or old people don't do jack and don't tell anyone.
Then you get something like pneumonia like a dumb fuck and things get a whole lot worse.

It's flu season. If you think you have the flu then get it fucking checked. (Of course then I remembered the horrible American health system where they would have to spend $60 or something just to get it checked which would put them off going).

Problem with flu is nobody GMOed it so it's harmless, and made those gene get into common flu genofond, so you won't get flu being strong, because flu itself will became modified to be weak. Kind of vaccination.

Still. It's how it works, son

Wait, they don't have influenza in Europe?

See, I've always been like this too. I rarely get sick because I take care of my health meticulously everyday through a nutrient dense diet, a consistent sleep schedule, and a bit of daily physical activity.

But then things like this happen and I can't help but feel I should take a shot anyway. Still on the fence right now, if it gets much worse I'll go for it but I live in Canada and it's nowhere near epidemic levels yet.

Is there any data on the genetics of this particular H3N2 strain?

Anyone have the specs on the synthesis of this?
Is it any better than extraction of shikimic acid?
What are the real dangers of it?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oseltamivir
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shikimic_acid#Uses

Swap these pics...
But also how was it synthesized?
can I diy any of this?
druginfo.nlm.nih.gov/drugportal/name/oseltamivir
chem.nlm.nih.gov/chemidplus/rn/1985606-14-1
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baloxavir_marboxil

>Is it any better than extraction of shikimic acid?
probably not.
books.google.com/books?hl=en&lr=&id=bGJlVrdqVTsC&oi=fnd&pg=PA319&dq=star anise virus&ots=3i73YH_stJ&sig=upLC-7djFL1-KlRFgSeyL_Fx3I4#v=onepage&q=star anise virus&f=false
Says some pine needles contain good amounts as well.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21389629
hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/hal-00885196/document

Maximum keks

Genetic equality doesn't have to mean lack of genetic diversity.

You said he was wrong and then didn't refute him.

More like $160 for a normal checkup.

I haven't had the flu shot in years and I've been fine. Fucking immunlets lmao just drink orange juice

culling the herd

probably not though
The 30+ normal kids probably just had bad cytokine storm reactions from being young and unexposed to illness before.
most of the rest is random chance and the high spread of flu hurts economy more than any culling would help

I have the worst sore throat. I always wake up barely able to swallow. The virus also appears to have invaded my eyes. My coworkers keep commenting on how terrible I look because on Monday I showed up with bloodshot eyes and inflamed conjunctivas.

I never take any flu vaccine though. Is this "flu" even caused by influenza? Aren't there several different viruses that cause "colds" and there's not really any way to even determine if you have influenza or something else?

>tfw someone you know died from this but you've been totally fine

Please proof read. You think influenza won't just either mutate back to a virulent strain or recombine in some water ducks with another flu strain?

Good. If you're weak enough to die from the flu, your genes weren't worthy of being passed on anyway. If you have already passed on your genes and died from the flu, chances are you're 65+ and see just a frail little bitch.

No. We can literally type the influenza virus now. We know when you have the flu and when you have something different.

Also and instead are sort of diametrically opposed. I think both those words together don't work so good.

>i got the flu right in my pink eye

yep, flu is constantly changing to try and kill millions and shut down world economy. Which is why the fact we make no effort to seriously combat it given the threat is sad. There should be way more attempt to reduce transmission rates and increase hygenics

you just need a vaccine, here, take it, it's free, it will help
we care about you

The fact you can't think about this outside of a /pol/ tier logic, is the reason we can tell you're from /pol/.

>People need to stop taking vaccines
Harkening back to ye good olde days of polio, diphtheria, and smallpox, are ye mate?

>10% effectiveness

This should surprise no one.

This. And legal cannabis kills more people than both combined.

We don't quarantine ourselves anymore since Brown vs. Board of Education made it illegal to. If you are going to be forced to be exposed to dirty minorities no matter what you do you might as well just embrace it.

Any extra Vitamin C over the regular daily limit just gets pissed out without doing anything.