Is is possible there is sentient life somewhere in the universe that perceives time in the opposite direction as we do?

is is possible there is sentient life somewhere in the universe that perceives time in the opposite direction as we do?
so our past is their future and our future is their past.

if not why not

Other urls found in this thread:

scp-wiki.net/iteration-0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

No, because causality. If they experienced time backwards they could tell us about future events with absolute certainty before they occured, which could give us a chance to make said event not happen. This would change an event that already happened to them. They could do the same with us. Paradoxes ensue and the universe implodes.

>he thinks free will exists

you already do all the "time" right now. :D no such thing as past and present your mind just makes it seem so.

this, if you think you can describe reality with concepts, you are a brainlet

It doesnt matter if free will exists if time can only be experienced linearly in one direction. Free will or not, the results are the same. But if someone told you that they were from the future(and proved it) and told you that you had died in a plane crash, any smart person would stop getting on planes. This alters the future. The many worlds interpretation kind of takes care of this but it also removes the possibility of time-reversed beings.

the mind can only be a fractal of true reality.

there is only the now, one big happening now.
we make time up, our calendars are based on the movement of the earth in relation to the stars. :D

Everyone knows that when two temporally antipodal species meet those species' respective gods negotiate the actions of all relevant members of the species to avoid contradictions.

>implying it was not predetermined that they would tell us and us doing the stuff we were going to do any ways

>gods
This is a question about physical possibilities, no fantasy explanations please.

> plane crashes on house

dead

So if you were given a video of yourself stepping onto a plane that later crashes, you are claiming that video is always fake? Or you would still get on the plane? Your story is full of holes.

It was a joke you moron

Its still a different outcome than dying on a plane. The future as still been altered, which would alter a time reversed species past. Still a paradox.

im just telling you that knowing about an event before it happens doesn't necessarilly make the event void

In case you were unaware, sarcasm does not convey through text. Especially on an anonymous image board that has users that actually believe the Earth is flat. You are the moron for thinking anyone would know you are joking.

i would one way or another end up getting on a plane and dying

What's with the 'tards on this board that get a smug sense of superiority while making unsupportable claims?
>time doesnt't exist
>decisions require free will (which desn't exist), therefore no-one ever makes a decision
>gravity doesn't real
...and do they really believe this crap?
At least with the flat-earthers I'm 99% certain 99% of them are trolls.

No, the point is that we don't know, buddy.

what are you even trying to say, that is not the same guy

that this is hilarious, I'm definitely not the same guy :D

or am I D:

Then you're missing my point.
There are TONS of people on this board that aren't saying "let's keep an open mind", but instead insist things they can't prove MUST be the case:
>time isn't real
>the universe is deterministic
>free will MUST conform to MY definition, which (in turn) can't exist
>no alien life anywhere in the universe
>we MUST be living inside a simulation
etc.

fr broski

Do you think it's more likely that many people on a science and math message board believe the world is flat or that you're autistic?

:-O

Beautiful pic

What would stop you from making a bomb threat and putting yourself on the no fly list? It really wouldnt be hard to make it nearly impossible to get on a plane.

>all these retarded children answering
god damn it, Veeky Forums, I knew this place was mostly trolling children but fuck me this is horrific.

TO ANY ACTUAL PHYSICISTS: if the physical laws are symmetric in time, then why are conscious beings that go "backwards" in time not possible?

Then some meme would turn out to have already happened where the plane you saw yourself stepping on was actually a replica at a museum you thought would be safe you walked on and then choked to death on your chicken tendy.

entropy /thread

>muh 2nd law of dermodymix
explain that then. why would there be less entropy in the past than in the future. you just moved the goal post, you havent explained anything.
I reported this incident to your parents.

the same argument could be used to conclude that time travel is impossible, but afaik relativity explicitly allows it.
saying it's impossible because you cant wrap you head around the consequences is not how physics works

that and "nearly impossible" are the keyphrases

>At least with the flat-earthers I'm 99% certain 99% of them are trolls.
I like how you left the possibility of there being actual flat-earthers browsing Veeky Forums

We can't see everything that happened in the past. We see a limited perspective of the past. It could very well be the case that an Alien simple can't remember the future in a way that we could use, and the same with us to them.

Don't kid yourself, we're right down the hall from /x/

SO having been shown the video from the future of you dying in a plane crash, you would still get on the plane? Why?

It is most likely that all or almost all or trolls.

But I suppose some flatists might come to a science board to show off how much smarter they are than all the scientists who have ever lived.

Entropy must always increase.

>Be backwards alien
>Live in a universe where the stars are constantly vacuuming up loose energy from the cosmos
>Fortunately, you can take advantage of how matter spontaneously organizes itself
>Unfortunately, this mostly means matter forming stars, a process that consumes even more energy and reduces the amount of heavy elements in the universe
>Also, it's shrinking.

scp-wiki.net/iteration-0
Not real science, but still, fun story nonetheless. That said, most 'things' are just speculation and hypotheses with no real proofs, anyways.

What if time is only finite after it's elapsed?

Veeky Forums is just a less schizophrenic more autistic /x/