Why does Veeky Forums hate the social sciences? Yes, they're not natural sciences. Yes...

Why does Veeky Forums hate the social sciences? Yes, they're not natural sciences. Yes, modern academics in the social sciences might be a bit SJW (with the exception of econ). And yes, social science research doesn't have a 100% replication rate like the natural sciences. However, many fields in the social sciences are incredibly interesting, and their research, while not 100% reproducible, they can be shown to be very accurate through repeated experimentation and observation, and a lot of the research gives rise to very useful information.

Other urls found in this thread:

nature.com/news/over-half-of-psychology-studies-fail-reproducibility-test-1.18248
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suppressed_research_in_the_Soviet_Union?wprov=sfla1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Because they're not natural sciences. modern academics in the social sciences is complete SJW. Furthermore, social science research doesn't have a 100% replication rate like the natural sciences. their research are not 100% reproducible

Because scientists are just lab rats living in their mom's basement and don't care about the social differences in each area.

The biggest problem with social science is that it can't seem to extricate itself from "social theory," which, however interesting it may be, has never pretended to be a scientific discipline. Until social science programs seriously de-emphasize the "theorists," there's simply no way to rehabilitate the field.

>social sciences might be a bit SJW
>a bit

>sciences
stop calling moral a science faggot

>they can be shown to be very accurate through repeated experimentation and observation, and a lot of the research gives rise to very useful information.
nature.com/news/over-half-of-psychology-studies-fail-reproducibility-test-1.18248

This.
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suppressed_research_in_the_Soviet_Union?wprov=sfla1

Social "science" is pseudoscience at best and it has been taken over by SJWs to push an agenda now so you can't even apply the science label to it.

As someone who graduated from probably the 3rd ranked uni in the Southern Hemisphere with an arts degree, it’s shit.
Hard sciences (at this point in my study of them) seen far less politically influenced and far more rigorous, in that they actually have rigour rather than ideology.

Their data is anecdotal at best

>now

It's legit. Veeky Forums will hate it because they don't understand it. It's a very useful and effective branch of science.

>useful and effective
Science exists to propound theories, and to provide empirical evidence with which we may understand the reality our senses tell us exists. Real scientists don't care if their theories are applied or not, they conduct research for the love and gain of knowledge, and leave applied bullshit to the engineer brainlets. That's why approximations is a legitimate class engineers have to take.

Minimal math = low barrier of entry = brainlets and normies everywhere

>Real scientists don't care if their theories are applied or not

how the fuck else do you get funding nigga?

>worrying about funding as a scientist
This is exactly what's wrong with our brainlett society

>phoneposting

hard sciences are sjw af too, because sjw positions are scientifically informed

Psychology was invented by Freud as a weapon against whites.

You need only read a social science paper to understand.

Biology will eventually consume the areas that social ""science"" covers. And it will do it right, instead of the fictional mess of ideology you see today. Political science and sociology in particular are actively holding back human intellectual progression, simply by existing.

>because sjw positions are scientifically informed
Either you're spouting random bullshit to make yourself feel good, or you don't grasp what 'SJW' means.

>3rd ranked uni in southern hemisphere
>1 millionth ranked uni globally

Yeah because biology is known for its rigor right?

What is the most Veeky Forums approved degree/career path?

Butt scratcher

Nice bait.

There are many mathematical/rigorous areas in biology.

They're far more accurate than the alternative.

>little math

With the exception of economics, we have to do calculus 1-3, a fair amount of probability/statistics heavy courses as well as a bit of programming. Agree with you on the majors though.

There's actually a ton of statistic analysis involved.

36% of replication rates.

>Science

>social sciences might be a bit SJW
>a bit

What about economics, psychology and criminology?

Biology is one of the less proper real sciences in the first place, and every field of science bans research, or at least results, that are not politically correct. If biology tries to expand into the field of social sciences, the quality of the research will fall until it reaches the levels that social sciences are at.

Veeky Forums doesn't like these fields, but I like economics, psychology, and linguistics. I don't know much about criminology.
I definitely hate a lot of social sciences though, especially fields like sociology and political science.

>it may be due to a combination of environmental and genetic factors
Because they don't contribute anything valuable to the world.

Don't social scientists deny the effect of genes?

No, they don't.

I mean, of course genes can influence looks and diseases and so on, but they have no influence on personality or behavior

They do. And social sciences acknowledge it.

social sciences are very fascinating, the questions are, but the fields are filled with innumerate retards who keep whining bout muh opreshun. the fields need to be just started over from scratch with new principles. I propose the first principles that "a social scientist shall not be afraid to call out the subhumans for what they are"

>I demand respected individuals be assholes due to my own arbitrary definitions on what constitutes a respectable degree

Oh yes, the 69 genders shit is scientific fact. Or men and women are exactly the same and we can all do the exact same things with no difference in strength/speed/etc, and if you don't agree you're part of the cisheteropatriarchal military-industrial complex keeping wombyn (and wymyn with penises, yeah women can have penises now) down!

I don't know how many neurons you have, but you do realise this stuff is also being pushed in stem yes?

/pol/ trolls detected

Who do you think is pushing it?