How do you guys deal with the fact that you'll probably never achieve anything great in life...

How do you guys deal with the fact that you'll probably never achieve anything great in life? You'll never feel like Musk in this picture here.
I see professors in my department that have 100 times the backbone and intelligence I do and I'm sure none will be remembered very long after they die. It's depressing.

Musk has acheived little outside of some space x achievements and PayPal

He is not a scientist nor has contributed to science, people will remember Einstein, but will only recall musk as "huh that guy was pretty weird with his rich playboy dreams"

Have kids?

Thread isn't about Musk, replace him with Einstein, Euler or whichever scientist you hold in high esteem.
He is a great industrialist though.

Become a serial killer?

No, I'd still feel like a worthless piece of shit.

Maybe it's enough to meaningfully contribute. Will you be famous? No, but you helped to make the world a better place. Alot of people don't get to meaningfully contribute.

idk I think I'll achieve many more things.

How do people with such little worth like you exist?

SpaceX is going to make Musk the worlds first trillionare. Nobody cares if he is a scientist, he’s brilliant. He may not be the only person responsible for bringing the human race to into the age of spacefaring, but he certainly is the most soley responsible of anyone involved. If anyone thinks less of him for not being a scientist they are retarded. Certain enterprises require a leader more than a researcher, Musk stepped into the role required of him to achieve this goal. Thats the definition of intelligence, adaptating to your situation as necessary to achieve your goals with maximum efficiency.

>SpaceX is going to make Musk the worlds first trillionare.
Screen cap this. If Veeky Forums is still around in 20 years or so i will post an “I told you so” thread on Veeky Forums.

Don't knock it til you try it

>You'll never feel like Musk in this picture here.

Wrong, I feel like that when I get a good grade on classes I find challenging, even if they are babby-tier according to other people.

Challenging oneself and reaching your own limitations is rewarding, it doesn't matter if your achievments are great in an absolute sense or not, the feeling of accomplishment is still there.

Well, I actually doubt about how smart my professors are. Maybe some day we are going to be the same to our students and we'll probably won't even notice.

Success needs to be focused on to happen. You're not gonna get in Elon Musk-tier if you just do a PhD on something and hope it's gonna be influential. You have to actively look for stuff that get you to the level you want.

Fucking This

>Thats the definition of intelligence

It won't matter after you're dead

None of this shit will

>SpaceX is going to make Musk the worlds first trillionare.

Yeah only because of inflation.

screencap this. In the next 10-40 years, bottle rocket technology will be a thing of the past. The public will be made aware of already existing UFO technology (and it does exist). In the meantime, if the government ever stops giving him money to cancel missions then Elon Musk will either move to another business or retire completely and be forgotten about. He will sell PayPal to someone else once Ebay stops using their service in 2022 (or 2020 I forget). Nowhere near 3000 satellites will be launched into orbit if any at all and there will never be a human being to step on Mars with bottle rocket technology.
This is some massive bread and circus fuckery and this hypeman is simply profiting off kids, numales, and boomers who want to see their country go to space again for nostalgia. Other than satellites there is absolutely no reason to launch anything in space at this current time, there are simply too many other problems we need to deal with and we have the materials and space needed right now.

>muh fame and fortune
absolutely plebian

kek

>How do you guys deal with the fact that you'll probably never achieve anything great in life?
I don't "deal" with that fact. I unironically have transhumanistic goals and I'm moving towards them, working my ass off, improving myself. I am currently in the process of making a shitload of money to finance biotechnological projects I'm interested in, while getting knowledgeable and practicing the field in the meantime. Soon this will be a thing.

I already have achieved great things, for example a book read by over 300000 people.

You too can if you put your love into it.

Musk on the other hand is just a posterboy, a model paid to show his face, and as such didn't achieve much compared to the engineers of Space X.

>How do you guys deal with the fact that you'll probably never achieve anything great in life?

Funnily, I never set out to achieve greatness. I'm alright with 'okayness'. Got my PhD, published some nice papers, otherwise I just wanna live a comfy life far away from fucktards and shitheads.

>Musk on the other hand is just a posterboy, a model paid to show his face, and as such didn't achieve much compared to the engineers of Space X.
Well, he has made more money than all of them combined and will take credit for it. Also, he has the merit of uniting them all. Without him to envision going to Mars and hiring people to do it, they would be scatered throughout different companies or academia autistically obsessing over menial shit like spinning wheels or combustion (which they still are, but actually making something with it).

>the world's first trillionaire
Lol
The rothschilds are laughing at you

Everything humans do is both physically predetermined and ultimately irrelevant. Why should I care about my status in a social system when both me and the system have no voluntary say in the matter and will lose our current forms in time? When you get rid of the layers of abstraction, what measures the level of achievement one reaches, without resorting to the subjectivity of the social sciences Veeky Forums so much loathes? Realizing the futility of life, your physical impotence and your complete lack of choice or freedom gives you a certain peace of mind. It might sound fedoraesque but it's true.

If you want to feel like Musk learn marketing and persuasion.

Then move to silicon valley.

Babby's first existential crisis
This is why stemtards need to study humanities

Nothing we do matters for the overwhelming majority of people. You can interpret this two ways.

1. Give up because you won't be remembered anyway

2. Do whatever the fuck you want

It's up to you OP

I take pride in knowing I do work that's useful to humanity that most people can't do. It's not going to make me famous and there's probably a thousand other people on Earth who could do the same job, but that doesn't take away its significance. If I didn't do it one less thing would get done.

Musk is more likely to be remembered when people look back in history than the egg heads that work for him and do the actual work.

it matters while you're alive you fucking faggot

Personally if I could break the $100k mark, marry a good looking Asian, Slavic or Black mulatto chick, put my two cents in the world academia bucket in terms of research and live to be at least 90 I'd be happy.

No need to feel like Musk honestly.

I would like to thank Kant and Kierkegaard for making me feel like I shouldn't kill myself anymore.

Also Based Internet Daddy.

And while it kinda sucks for those guys, it also kinda makes sense. Musk was the one who put up the cash and set up the company in such a way that allowed them to achieve what they did. Individual contributors might work their asses off, but they're never really sticking their neck out or taking on any level of risk mentioning, and even the brightest engineers aren't to accomplish much without a team to work with and a vision to chase.

Personally speaking, while it'd be cool to have the kind of notoriety enjoyed by the likes of Gates, Bezos, or Musk, I'd be perfectly content to just be a small part of the initiatives piloted by those kind of guys. That in itself is a high enough bar that by surpassing it, you've bested what the vast majority of humans have achieved or will ever achieve.

literally who?

European banking jews. That supposedly own all the banks in the world.

>existential crisis
Not really.

>at least 90
Why would you want to be a demented, self-soiling meme of a human? 80 is the patrician age to kill yourself.

not with that attitude you won't
you probably won't anyway but with that attitude you definitely won't

>absolutely plebian
Precisely. Also a mummy's boy. Mummy has convinced him that he must become rich and famous so that she may parade him before her equally shallow, stupid and pretentious peers.

They won't get a foothold offworld. Their antiquated little cartel will be confined to earth.

>demented, self-soiling meme of a human?

That's pretty much already OP

>the fact
>probably
Lrn2probabilly, Billy

What a sad existence you are. I wish this were a bait, but unfortunately people like you are far too common. For the greater good of humankind, please, neck yourself.

>nothing matters
What a faggot.

>think

From publicly available sources, he just spend lot of money on 60's technology.

Wow, according to OP we should feel bad for our inferiority when comparing ourselves with accomplished people instead of being inspired by them! Just, WOW! You are one nihilistic, gloomy PoS, user.