I HATE this guy

I HATE this guy

Because he made the reasonable assumption that no very rich man would ever be inclined enough for space exploration and successful at it?

Get a fucking life.

More like he's a fucking charlatan piggybacking off whatever sentiments are popular with upper middle class pseuds at any given time.

Fuckin wut?

Black science man has no fucking clue what he's talking about most of the time, he makes a living telling the #IFLScience types whatever they want to hear.

Your jealousy is showing.

It's true though. SpaceX hasn't done any science missions. NASA does science missions. There is nothing wrong with NASA buying rockets to lift payloads from companies that aren't ULA

>nothing wrong
The libertarian in me is quaking.

He's not wrong. Musk didn't break the space frontier at all. He found a way to make an existing market more profitable. The frontier was reached by government projects, who then shared their knowledge and technology with private industry.

Is replicating old technology for less of a cost really a 'frontier'?

>>pseuds
kek, i like that

hownew.nigger

Wouldnt you agree that the developement of making the transistor go from mm to nm is groundbraking for EE?
Sometimes making something cheaper, smaller or more efficient is very much groundbraking

No, not really, I wouldn't agree. It's an advancement, sure, but not a frontier being crossed.

It's literally what made (non shit) computers possible which in turn started the information age
If that isnt groundbreaking then what is

The original invention of the transistor.

Hate him all you want.

He is right.

Do you have issues with reading comprehension?

The original transistor wouldnt be half as useful though
It's only because of succesive improvements that it has its fundamental status

I absolutely agree it was a useful advancement, but I still don't think it qualifies as a new frontier.

unquantified risk, unquantified reward.

But it created the computer frontier

Which as only possible because of the original invention of transistors.

Still the invention of the transistor didnt create the frontier
It was the improvement of it

SpaceX just makes rockets, who do you think pays for and uses them?

Listen I'm just going to stop replying because neither of us are doing anything except restating our positions. This is a waste of both our times.

I actually wanted to say the same after your next reply but now youve taken the satisfaction from me
Fuck off

60's technology
>frontier

Why is Veeky Forums so racist? Sometimes I think /pol/ is more tolerant.

The racism you see on Veeky Forums is actually just /pol/tard immigrants who don't care about science and just want to bitch about black people's IQs.

I mean, their IQ's are pretty shit.

is criticizing anything a nonwhite person says qualifying as racism nowadays? fucking moron.

Gotta agree with this guy. Inventing a transistor crosses a frontier into new territory. Refines of one may be important, may be groundbreaking new developments of an existing technology, but are not crossing a frontier into something new.

Similar with space flight. The next "frontier" in space flight would be, maybe, manned flights to the planets, or a permanent habitat in orbit or on some other body.

SpaceX may do that, or may provide hardware for somebody else to do that. But they haven't yet. Tossing a dead weight out f Earth orbit is not crossing a new frontier.

until a private company does something in space that no government agency has done yet, he's right.

I would say that until SpaceX actually surpasses what government space agencies have accomplished, he's right. So we'll see what happens in the next few years.

yes it is, in fact just by questioning whether it's racist or not you've also proven that you're a racist
get fucked shitlord

>Because he made the reasonable assumption that no very rich man would ever be inclined enough for space exploration and successful at it?
That's a terribly incorrect assumption when you consider that the entire history of exploration outside the last half of the 20th Century has been bored, rich folks funding something cool.

He also fucks his hot white wife every night and has a family that loves him as well as a successful life. What do you have user?

Well, yes, everything SpaceX did was paid by government.

bait

Except they didnt need to first invent the boat when they decided to explore the seas.

'Space frontier' isn't putting a test load into space. It's doing scientific research.

Private sector is worthless and will bring nothing that benefits humanity as a whole. On the contrary, if we are to judge by the world around us.

Neil deGrasse Tyrone is very smart for a nigger.