*solar shield deploys incorrectly*

*rocket flies off-course by 20 degrees at launch*

*mirror doesn't lock into place*

NASA ignores problem, again.

*instruments malfunction*

*Trump cancels your budget*

I think the sunk cost fallacy gets an exception in this case

*collides with rogue space vehicle from out of nowhere*

I really really hope that the launch and deployment of this thing goes well. I've been looking forward to it for years and if it blows up on the launchpad I'll be so fucking disappointed

why build one, when you can build two for only twice the cost?

>implying they'd get the funding to build another one

How's the James Webb Telescope doing by the way?

it's chugging along. 80% chance it flies in 2019

no working issues atm

>2018.123
>Poland still can't into space

Great! Thanks. Would you like a Pierogi?

lemme finish my diffeq worksheet first

test is on thuerday

Delayed, over budget, and a good chance it is going to fail. Everything we expect of NASA in one project.

DELET THIS

These sorts of programs are jokes
They provide zero practical research or science or anything of the sort

And they destroy the budget for any actual practical meaningful work with real returns on it

How did this even happen?

*Make it work by using coal, or else*

hon hon hon

Why? There's probably some person at NASA who's job it is to figure out if these things could happen and making sure that they don't. Well except for the part about the Ariane rocket going off course, ain't nothing they can do about that except bitch at Ariane space to do better QC. Predicting failure is something you gotta do.

No JWST is safe from his ax so far. WFIRST on the other hand would be getting the ax in the administration's proposed budget. NASA's secondhand NRO mirrors could be doomed to a warehouse for all eternity.

Well what would you have them do instead, genius?

*commits a standard vs metric error, high-gain antenna jams, blows up on launch pad*

>Space Telescope
>provides zero practical research or science or anything of the sort
What?

Kek
*gets t-boned*

> Hubble
was certainly not a joke program.

>How did this even happen?
Since the rocket didn't blow itself up for being off course, the vehicle was probably following what was, as far as it knew, the correct trajectory. That would suggest that the vehicle's launch trajectory was transcribed with an error.