Do you love nature?

Do you love nature?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jjjnZvtwtqA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

No, should I?

Yeah but that isn't even near the most fucked shit I've seen in nature. Plants are bigger freaks than insects

Nature is the most interesting subject about the most complex systems in existence (organisms) interacting with one another with incredible levels of diversity, interesting behaviors, and pure aesthetics.
The science of nature is the most wonderful thing in the world, and the functions of our world should be astonishingly beautiful to you, and if it's not you're a braindead animal with no taste.

Yes, spending time in nature is why I am so much stronger and smarter than most people...

like you

Jews are even worse.

What is that red creature called?

Giant flesh-eating leech

hahaha what the fuck, I'm never leaving Canada

NOPE FUCK THAT

I wanted a serious answer.

Specifically, the Kinabalu giant red leech (Mimobdella buettikoferi) .

That thing's adorable.

mantises move like they're a little 'special', which is cute in its own way

It is a Mantidfly, not a mantis. "Mantispidae"

I mean on the one hand its pretty metal, but it also produced the normie human plague I have to suffer everyday so its a toss up.

sort of hot

Are you a grill??

anyone else wish they were born as a giraffe or an elephant or something

no
i think being human is actually cool
even tho we are still a prototype species

A true genius has been found!

How the fuck does that tiny head even feed the giant factory that is its ass? That thing must be gobbling up food 24/7.

nope

a jew?

must be hell to die like that.

at least it is dead.

>be stressed out
>go walk on the nature
>after a while of walking sit down and shut your eyes
>subtle smells, noises and sensations of wind and nature arise on your consciousness.
>And the feeling of ultimate relaxation and belongin arises too.
Do you guys know this feeling ? What is the scientific reason behind it? Is it Fresh air, exercise or something deeper coded to human by evolution? I get the same feeling just while i'm sitting next to campfire and it just feels so satisfing and right.

DOCKINGU

>wasp praying mantis

jesus fuck no, we've won the fucking lottery with being a human on this planet. And not even mentioning how we got lucky by being in the top 20% of humanity. And not born during a great war or a historical crisis, it's fucking easy mode.

If you find this hot, go try to search for 'vore'

I'd rather be a toucan. No worries about jobs, debt, inflation, gfc, divorce and homelessness.

Just chill in a tropical region, eat fruit, and fly away if you sense danger.

life span: 20y

Those rainbow keyboards are so dumb

So?

What's going on in this thread?

now THAT is what you call a BBC

Very jewish behavior. Is it a nematode?

It's an aquatic Horsehair worm. They control host organisms (mostly grashoppers) to jump into a body of water before the adult form (which is shown in the video to be prematurely leaving the mantis host) breaks out and lives life as a swimmy boy

No. I wish the entire planet was a steel and concrete hellscape without any kind of disgusting fleshbags and their disgusting parasites

did he died?

Why they are doing this? We can't we all be friends?

I'm guessing parasitic wasps don't form hives.

No, these do not, but other kinds do. They will take paralyzed prey back to a nest structure and lay an egg in or on them.

Why not?

This is all Adam and Eve's fault. Before the Fall, all animals were friends.

Fuuuck.

They are friends. That is why the gecko isn't running away.

If they are friends, then why one is hurting the other?

The gecko is giving its resources to the centipede. That's what friends do. They help one another in times of need. Geckos are really good friends to other creatures.

Just how desperate for attention are you?

Why don't you? It's beautiful and inspiring. Just look what inspired the boston robot.

Absolutely. We would've never had pepe and our meme supply would be low without animals

imagine giant giant centipedes
it's so much more scary because it's invertebrate, so alien

youtube.com/watch?v=jjjnZvtwtqA

Can you love something like nature?

what an edgelord

Yes

The ecosystem is incredibly beautiful

this shit doesn't really bother me because there is no chance it'll jump at me. It'd startle me if I walked in on it but I'd rather that than a wasp or bigass roach.

sounding fags i swear

yes i do, in fact, i'm planning on studying in entomology

Imagine if that thing were on your dick.

There, now you're bothered.

I sometime wish I were a fly so I would only have to live for a month

More fetish fuel, maybe.

MORE THAN ANYTHING!
well actually no. If by nature you mean Life and everywhere it lives at, then yes absolutely. Nature is everything that exists in the universe. I'm not particularly interested in material, only life the phenomenon that possess that material and gives it meaning, and to a lesser extent all that material in lifes possession. So that includes everything we can observe in the universe and many things we can't. My real love is life itself. I've always been very into living things and now I am a life scientist.
If you love anything you love life, it provides for everything you have and really isn't divisible beyond the material in it's possession.
Unfortunately latley this material is rapidly disappearing in diversity and abundance, and the ecological scaffolding holding us up is falling. We humans have done this and its a result of how detached we have become from our lives. We are currently engaging in evolutionary degeneracy on a massive scale, life our lives, it's vanishing. It will take hundred of millions of years to recover if we don't have radical change now. The other option is to spend the rest of our pathetic life grieving until we humans who through our special facilities offer what could very well be a once in a world opportunity for life to understand and direct itself become a stain on an evolutionary history that can no longer be understood.
It's terrifying but I remain optimistic, there are ways out of this. Namely to rid ourselves of domination and hiearchy and let the essential autopoetic quality of life do it's thing. Also alot of very hard work.

And when I say hiearchy I mean in the context of stratified levels of power in human social life brought about through arbitrary and unjustified conventions like property (which btw is a very different animal than possession) and all kinds of conventions that give authority to bureacracies over the system they are used to control, those conversations should work the other way around.
That notion of hierarchy should not be confused for hiearchy in it's sense in the organization of complex systems. Which is perfectly normal and essential for life to exist. Of course that abstraction of hierarchy could very well be inaccurate, it's could be hetrarchy or panarchy or a mereological whole that isn't divisible beyond the arbitrary distinctions made by scale of analysis, or something else. I won't get into that.

no, I once saw a video of a live bison or something pinned down by a lion while another lion ate his dick and balls off. there's nothing to love about that

>They aren't getting a degree in biology

Enjoy staying inside all day math nerds

>go to school in sioux city
>college owns a shitload of land they use for tall grass prairie reclamation
>botany professor convinces me and a few other kids to go out with him to help seed
>5 minutes in I get slapped in neck by a 6ft tall piece of grass with an angry fucking bee attached to it
Nature drew first blood.

>This is how I decided to major in petroleum engineering.

I work in the field and in always field and I'm always getting scrapes and punctures and stings and falls and bonks and blisters. Small price to pay, I had a fly live inside of my shoulder for a while before it moved out. Besides the more serious owwies that was probably as bad as it got. Better than staring at this screen for sure.
Btw I've been restoring tall grass parries, oak Savannah, rocky glades and fens in the Ozarks for a while. Burning shit is fun.

>Tfw I want to work in the field but all I can get is a retail job

Don't get me wrong, it was an incredible experience. The way the rolling hills laid our, if you went into the middle of it you could see nothing but tall grass prairie and not a single sign of civilization except for planes flying overhead, and then you just imagine that the plains were mostly like that, and how it must have been for the native american's who lived there, and the first settlers coming on this vast ocean of grass.
You can meme about flyover country as much as you want but if you ever get the chance to drive I-90 it's kind of unforgettable.

I use to live in the southwest and I get the same feeling. Driving from California to New Mexico is extremely pretty one yoy get into Arizona. There's something awesome about being able to look out to the horizon and see mountains disappearing behind the curvature of the earth

>be angsty teenage me
>family roadtrip to mt. rushmore
>"See the black hills"
>pull over
>its a shitty pile of dirt with a plaque in front of it
>so disappointed
>turn around
>see this
Mt. Rushmore was an absolute letdown though.

Rushmore is a hack job anyway. It's literally unfinished

I consider it best for both sides if nature and me keep out of each other's way. I minimize polluting nature, nature minimizes putting loud birds in front of my window or mosquitoes in my room. I think that's a good arrangement, I just hope nature plays along.

would u rather be a human or a fucking bear?
I think the choice is obvious

I'd rather be a human fucking a bear

>I think the choice is obvious
Quite.

Humans evolved in that environment.

Why prolong the misery of existence?

jesus fuck what did those things plan on doing with the bones

I've went on I 90 from WA to Bozeman then I went South to the tetons. Then south again on i 191, now you want to talk about an incredible drive, that was one. I was also on some cid during that drive.
Here in the Ozarks it's amazing, it's where the midwest tall grass parries meet the humid forest of the south west and the spatial heterogeneity of these hog back mountains that have rounded down after some 300million hears of erosion and geologic activity, the oldest unglaciated region in North America, truly incredible. Biodiversity loss is everywhere, our streams have been destoryed in many places and the parrie and wetlands are urban sprawl, healthy forest have lost many species of trees and animals and understory plants. The forest is growing rapidly in the hills chocking out the patchy mosaic of ecological communities with homogenous juniper stands.
What is left is worth protecting with everything. This place has the highest conservation necessity in the USA and the powers that be are all wanting to accelerate towards catastrophe. We are also going to be experiencing very high climatic variance as the world continues to collapse.
The people here have lost their connection to the living land around them and are all but completely alienated. It's grief, this is my home, I want to be out exploring the world doing life science like I have lived to do since I was a tot, but I have to put up some resistance here.

>South west
South east
Humid forest in the Ozarks meet the osage plains

>nearly comatose
>the worm is still alive when these fuckers are pupating

The absolute state of Veeky Forums.

>there are people who actually have these things as pets and buy lizards and mammals to feed them
I hope hell is a very real place and centipede owners get consumed by giant ones in hell.

Daily reminder that these used to be a thing

S-scary

my only question is: rideable or not?

Termite queen?

I can't be bothered to read most of this, but it looks like you might be a commie faggot.

Probably not. It would probably treat you like that gecko and skullfuck you. Probably.

imagine seeing this shit during the carboniferous period being like 5 feet long and tall, just fuck that shit.

My dick needs one of this red pockets

No pls.
No bulli Findblandd

:D