Isaac Ahthuh appreciation thread

Isaac Ahthuh appreciation thread.
youtube.com/watch?v=eK9FN5mRmdQ

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=v9sh9NpL4i8
youtu.be/zaCPJrx8U0E
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I want to know if it's his real name, because a guy whose name is literally composed of names of fathers of Sci-fi, who runs a futurism channel sounds just too convenient

wtf, I never even noticed that

It's his real name. His parents were futurism fanatics. Isaac's siblings have scifi names as well.

Last episode was some boring stuff, BTW. When will he do an episode on space age materials? Ever since he got sponsored by Audible, every episode he does is about a book. Surely he can spend an episode on the various forms of unobtainium in scifi, as well as current cutting edge materials.

The type of speech impediment he has is typically highly treatable with therapy. I'm surprised he hasn't gone out of his way to correct this issue, especially given that he does spend a lot of time attempting to express his ideas in videos where clarity of speech is very important.

Well it's a nice channel that introduced me to some interesting topics.
Most of them are irrelevant to us, as they only apply to future people, but that's still fun to think about.
However his whole Megastructure thing is fucking retarded.

>However his whole Megastructure thing is fucking retarded.
how so?

Never consider tidal forces is what comes to mind first.
A dyson sphere would literally be crushed by gravity at its poles, and quite literally anything that isn't at its equator is trying to tear it apart. Not much carbon nanotubes can do about it.
The thing is, they all seem like good ideas, but he ignores a lot of problems with them that makes them impractical, even if you had unlimited access to space, and supply of carbon.

but he quite literally says he doesn't like the idea of rigid Dyson spheres in every single video that deals with star-encompassing structures and most of the designs he presents are based on feather light statites

And then he presents the idea of moving a fucking star by using an incomplete dyson sphere.
Which is even more retarded, because it wouldn't even work.

I still think it's too early to declare you a faggot and move on, so pray tell, why is that.

best fermi paradox videos around, otherwise it's a bit

Well, to put it simply, the idea is to direct the solar wind so that it only gets into space in one direction, therefore generation thrust, and voilĂ .
The thing is, it's not the star that will move.
It's the fucking niggerstructure, because it's influence on the star is fucking 0, since it weighs so much less.
I'll let you picture how it will end up.

>The influence will be zero
That's not how Newtons third law works

>It's the fucking niggerstructure, because it's influence on the star is fucking 0, since it weighs so much less.
I'm going to be reasonable and just tell you to do quick search for details on Shkadov thrusters, space ship propulsion and laws of motion in general, because you have a big gap in understanding how can you propel things through space

if you cannot be assed to do that give me a shout and I will give a digest, but you wold be better off to study this shit on your own, since you do look like to be reasonably interested in the topic

It's not even a physical impediment. That type of speech problem is a bad habit resulting from trying to form Rs with your lips, which is what babies and toddlers do because they're not very articulate with their tongues yet. It's caused by caregivers not correcting your enunciation enough as you grow from a toddler to child, or not understanding the problem and thinking it just can't be helped.

There will be a net force applied to the structure, which will move invert to where the hole is, But the star won't follow.
To be precise, it may move a millimeter, while the structure blasts off into space/crashes into the star.
You smartasses think the star will just magically hold its position at the center of the sphere, just because it was told to do so.
The only way this happens is if you compensate the sphere movement with thrusters.
Then it kinda works, but you're gonna have to wait a long time for it to move any reasonable amount.

breh, just stop for a moment, the "sphere" is made of statites, they are satellites that hang in place and don't fall down onto the star literally because they are being pushed by solar wind
the gravity/photon push is already in equilibrium
their only job is to eliminate the equal photonic thrust of the star in one hemisphere, so that the other can start pushing it, and since they are mirrors, you are actually getting twice the thrust than if one hemisphere of the star just stopped giving off light

the statites actually compensate with their weight, they aren't designed to orbit, but use the pressure from solar wind to hover above the sun, when the pressure become too great and pushes the probe away, they can expand and retract their reflective shield to compensate.
The issue thought is you need incredibly light materials to do this, which also need to be decent't strong, things like Graphene or Carbon nanotubes, which we're still a few decades off from producing. This system is VERY slow though, it would takes thousands of years to achieve any meaningful movement. But they aren't designed to be used for transportation, more for theoretical long term projects like moving old stars to less dangerous areas, or grouping together stars
it's not anything we'd be able to make for a long time though, hundreds, if not thousands of years from now if our species doesn't die out

Interesting, that's not the video I saw.
Must have been an older version.
Or maybe I was too busy laughing at it.
Why not then. But you're gonna need a few billion shittons of them to do the job.

>But you're gonna need a few billion shittons of them to do the job.
of course
it's not really a method of space travel for the impatient, they calculated you could move the solar system about one third the distance across the milky way in a billion years, but... you are movie a whole solar system wherever you want
you can also turn the same structure into a literal death star at the drop of a hat

Latest video dropped today:

>Fermi Paradox: Sleeping Giants
youtube.com/watch?v=v9sh9NpL4i8

>they calculated you could move the solar system about one third the distance across the milky way in a billion years
Use on a very stable red dwarf (life time in Trillions of years) and you can travel between galaxies

>that makes them impractical,
For us primitive 21st centurers but humans in the 31st would be able to do them trivially.

how the fuck is space travel even plausible, what material is going to withstand collision with minor space junk at even 10% the speed of light

if "subspace" doesn't exist then galactic travel is basically hopeless

no material allowed by physics has the capablity to withstand the forces a shell dyson would be putting on it
additionally, shell dysons are fucking worthless, since gravity would only be on a small band in the middle, a dyson SWARM would allow even more total living space, while having 100% of it's habitable land have full gravity

a gigafuckton of laser point defense would be able to ionize the pebbles that the ship cannot dodge
the cost of such a thing would be insignificantly tiny compared to the cost of the engines of such a ship
problem solve nigga, don't just sit your ass down and shout never ever

>if we have a big enough laser then conservation of momentum doesn't even apply
wowbobwow

>reading comprehension

Are you an idiot? He addresses those things every time. You are an idiot. You don't even get what a dyson swarm is.

He just retreated old ground. I've already heard his points against sleeping civs in his other videos.

You could make a bunch of rings from halo and put them around the star that way.

It's funny how after a while you forget about his speech impediment

No he doesn't. its again just a loose swarm of satellites.

>what material is going to withstand collision with minor space junk at even 10% the speed of light

Whats the current speed of the fastest probe humanity sent? Whats the durability of its hull? Multiply by the difference.

Void is pretty empty, you'll have to dodge the larger shit. At least at the beginning.

>if "subspace" doesn't exist then galactic travel is basically hopeles

We already travel in the medium. I love the tryhard "realism" tho. always fun to watch.

I think you could suggest him that on his patron. I may be wrong though.

Yeah and he really doubts they are possible because of your points. You must be thinking about dyson swarms, he thinks they could happen, a star srounded by spinning habitats, nature preserves, etc. Giving a solar system a massive population. I think that was what Dyson had in mind in they first place anyways.

Can a sphere freely spin on an axis that is itself spinning end over end? Or is that impossible without constant energy input? If it's possible, you could make a legit dyson sphere that has gravity everywhere.

that would also be impossible, spinning them to generate gravity would shear them apart from the stress
too big for a single structure, that's why swarms are ideal

If they are spinning at just the right speed, the force of gravity in the centre should cancel out the stress on the rings.

The distance and speed required to make the ring 1g and habitable would be far, far greater than what solar gravity could cancel out

Rigid rings don't work, not even the tiny version, a banks orbital, would be obliterated by the stresses

i hate it when people give this guy hate:
-god tier degree from god tier universtiy
-military man of manliness
-doesnt afraid to conquer his fear of speak impendings
-keep on discovering god tier new theories of science and just post them for free in public youtube instead of getting rich with em

youll never be half the man he is

Yes and No. Yes, you could build that without constant energy input. But no, it would not have gravity everywhere, because of how vector addition works. You don't end up with rotation in two perpendicular planes, you get rotation in one plane 45 degrees between the two.

is there a relatively accessible source of uranium in space?

the main problem with orion drive (aka the only right now feasible technology that will get us to other stars) is that political peoples are afraid of getting nukes into orbit

but what if you get the nuke without the nuclear material and then mine it in orbit and insert the nuclear material into the nukes in orbit, you have 0% chance of political peoples complaining since its 0% chance of nukes falling into the atmopshere

most of the hate comes from lazy shitgoblins that will never achieve anything

Most of the hate toward Isaac Chadtur comes from people who don't even watch his videos and just bring up shit he already adresses in his videos

just look at this thread if you want proof

who the fuck hates on this guy?
he's personification of neutrality

It goes into a lot of detail but somehow it's all a but shallow. Like he'll spend an entire minute telling you how if you have an asteroid so massive you can construct such and such size megastructure, if it's twice as massive the megastructure will also be twice as massive. It's pleasant but not as deep as it first seems.

Halo rings were actually pretty small and only ever orbited planets and stuff. They never went all the way around anything.

No one wants to build a solid sphere, whipdick. We just want to use all the loose material in the solar system - asteroids and such - to make O'Neill cylinders big enough to have an earth's worth of internal area, then have these orbit the sun in convenient orbits. That's the sort of Dyson swarm we're talking about.

Ionization lasers and plasma magnetic shielding.

I wish he talked about less fanciful things. Less of the megastructures and more relevant things. Something closer to us and not the year 6650, or just plain never.

He talks about colonizing mars and the local planets a fair bit. That's near term stuff. I would like him to talk a little about near term developments on Earth though.

I think though he's not really good at predicting things. That's not his game. His game is figuratively various iterations doing the calculations to see how big you need a rotating cylinder to be to have pleasant gravity. He never says "this is what I think will happen", he rather says "this is physically possible".

>It's pleasant but not as deep as it first seems.
that's what she said

Whats cool about futurists is that they always fails miserably in predicting the future

>Getting all hyped up about the future when FTL is impossible and we don't have an economic incentive to build human colonies
Even after a nuclear apocalypse, Earth would still be more livable than the rest of the solar system.

congratulations, I don't think you could be more wrong if you tried

>Getting all hyped up about the future when FTL is impossible and we don't have an economic incentive to build human colonies
You don't need FTL to colonize space

you havent seen even ONE of his videos

>Issac Awthuh
>FTL
lol kys

And the only alternative to living on earth is living in giant spinning apartment blocks in space, or at best synthetic disneyworld versions of earth on the inside of an oneil cylinder, where all the mountains are fake and all the rivers run according to a blueprint.

You need a reason to colonize space.

>You need a reason to colonize space.

M A N I F E S T D E S T I N Y !

Build your own giant habitat to get away from niggers. Why do you think Elon Musk, a known white male, is so interested in space colonies?

He's not really a futurist though. He's just detailing what is technically possible from an engineering perspective, with enough energy and time.

dumb pop-sci brainlet

>]
literally everything he says is scientifically treu

Futurists deserve to be thrown into a bog.
youtu.be/zaCPJrx8U0E

>tfw you find him really interesting but your autism can't get over his rhotacism
I'm so sorry

It's all so superficial though. Nothing new or in-depth and running a space habitat for example. Technical details about growing the food, recycling the air, how it would function as a little nation. Just vague generalties, like a smart high-schooler quickly pieced together a presentation from a few google image searches.

he's a south african white male

that's because his channel is about what they can be used for, not the details of making them