What got you into your profession

what got you into your profession
>played with lego brick my entire life
>now im a engineer

pic unrelated

I threw my brother's legos down the stairs for the lulz

lol god damn it
me too

Google best engineering discipline and some fag on college board sold me EE.

>Was into vidya as a kid
>Saw a game development class in middle school
>Got really into it
>Now doing CS.

I wanted to be an inventor and make machines that would help people all over the world. Then I realized you can't just BECOME an inventor, you need money to fund that shit. So I went into ME thinking it'll teach me machinery and I'll get both the knowledge and money to fund my projects.

Love.
Not love as a girl I liked, I just looked computers and I thought that was love at first sight.
Love and autism is probably more accurate.

>Was a /pol/fag for awhile, firmly held white supremacist and natsoc ideas
>Was never a young earth christian though. I always thought that part of /pol/ was irredeemably stupid
>Wanted to study genetic engineering and microbiology, eventually going on to study race realism
>Realized how fucking stupid /pol/ was when I got into school
>Realized how fucking stupid I was for even going on /pol/ in the first place
>Biology started to get boring, fell in love with chemistry after trying shrooms, wanted to switch to biochem.

And here I am. And I'm pretty happy.

>watches crocodile hunter once

>played civilization a lot as a kid
>now study mathematical economics
>still play civ

I've always been into Physics. I always was into space stuff but when I got my hands dirty in college, I realized the micro world was more interesting to me. So now I'm doing condensed matter.

When I was a kid, my favorite attraction at Disney World was the Carousel of Progress. It was an animatronic man talking about technological and scientific progress throughout the decades and he sung a song about the topic that really resonated with me.

>always showed great ability at maths and most stuff including music so i got tested by a psychologist and got 139 iq
>years later watched steins gate
>wanted to build time machines
>wanted to study physics
>i got 9/10 in the introductory exam but my homework of the 2 last years fucked my final score so i got like 6.5/10, so i got rejected
>tried a non-uni course but failed
>tried a double degree of comp.informatics engineering and failed
>tried a geo-engineering and failed
>this year i'm trying geo-engineering again
Wish me luck, lads.

>Biology red pilled you on how stupid /pol/ is

Same. Also Jurassic Park

>wanted to be a physicist since a young age just by virtue of who i am
>id rather kill myself than be a teacher
thus an electronic engineer was born

I had social anxiety from a young age so played with computers starting at around 10.

Now I am in IT doing infoSec, Systems "engineering", and whatever else. Pay is great. Job is fun. Thanks Anxiety.

Strange. The opposite happened with me. The more informed I became on genetics, the more /pol/'s ideology on race (somewhat) became plausible.

It has been well-documented that children may show greater promise or even greater intelligence than their adult form. Just because you were an intelligent child does NOT necessarily mean you will be an intelligent adult. Failing to pass your exams 3-4 times in a row may be indicative of that, so please, try to do something that is within your capabilities this time. I might sound like a dick, but I'm trying to help you.

>children
I was 15 years old, and half the time of the visual test i was distracted by other stuff instead of focusing on my test, so there is that.
>exams
I didn't fail any exams. I just didn't feel like going there to do exams. I just stayed at home fapping, playing dota2 and wow, or just watching anime.
This year the exams are easy, i've learnt to do great stuff, however it's hard to sit down to check what i already understood.

>I didn't fail any exams
>I just didn't feel like going there to do exams
>implying not taking the exam does not mean you automatically fail

what would be the profession of someone who played with dildos and sex toys during childhood?

The thing is that, when I was doing the test:
233/14?
Then instead of doing it quickly I felt like decomposing it with fractions, and finally showing the answer as a periodic decimal number, then I remembered there was a formula for such periodic numbers, so I started finding out that formula for those 10 divisions problems, and I only managed to do 3 out of ten divisions in time.
The test gave me 120 of visual intelligence, and 147 verbal, yet I always showed better visual skills than verbal though. I managed to completely understand matrix geometry and vectorial introduction for 1st year uni in just one week; as I spent the entire 2 years of highschool sleeping at class due to night sessions of game and anime/fap, fapping at least 5 times a day to doujins and developing depressing fetishes i don't want to mention.

Also, this year I managed to fuck up my exam again. I went to do the geology exam only studying 2 hours before, but I didn't sleep for 30 hours that day. So I spent like half the exam having a weird face of trance hallucinating, and had 4/10 score.

The math exam was the same, but I got a 7/10.

This is the first year.

Any tips for adquiring the habit of studying?

MechE

if you cant motivate yourself to go to a test are you actually employable?

>are you employable
I have "tried" to be employed, but it seems that my CHI genes and poor social skills made me get less than 10 answers in 4 years. Also I failed to get in time to most interviews. ;_;

Last year I got serious and I got an immediate interview, but I was so pathetic I couldn't do anything right.

I don't understand anything. I was "kinda" in HS and fit. Now I got smaller 2 cm, I don't know why and I got in worse shape.

"kinda" 6/10 in looks, some girls wanted me*