Do you have this memorized by heart?

Do you have this memorized by heart?

Can you recall each and every single one of them in under half a second in random order?

And all the squares from 1 to 100
Amazingly helpful

>10x10
in grade 3 we had to learn it 12x12 and yes, i have never forgotten and can recall any combination

this but sometimes I do have to think about the 12s.

I can blurt the entire multiplication table under half a second - SDFA! TOO LATE !

Same but it's basically useless. Shouldn't be taught except in a way that illuminates the patterns in the table. Not rote memorisation to no end.

meh only 1-9 matters. 11, 12 and beyond are composites

how the fuck do you expect people to multiply large numbers if they have to think through every single one of these

jesus fuck yes, why? are americans even incapable of doing this? or why is this even a question?

In grade 3 we had to till 20×12 and yeah I pretty much remember it.

Got an A in real analysis and even so combinations like 7x6 and 7x8 don't come immediately to me lel

Break it down per digit or factor it in to terms of multiples you've memorized. add em up. done.

People can do higher math without basic multiplication table 100% memorized but they'll have to reach for the calculator every microsecond like a retard.

yeah I mean if you HAVEN'T memorized them because you've been exposed to education 2.0 where the goal isn't to be able to do anything but just to understand what you're doing

Indeed. I consider the 9's to be my speciality.

No... Am I a brainlet?

Do people actually don't?

Fun: 21*63 without a calculator :3

1260+63=1323

No.

t. MS in Math

Yes, I'm not a moron

(20+1)(60+3)
1200+60+60+3

You have to remember all the trig identities and log rules as well. The level of ass hurt you will receive in college not knowing them will be amazing.

I thought I was the only one

squares 1-50 (50-100 isn't so useful for me as I use identities to deduce them, and this allows me to compute easily squares of 3-digit numbers)
times tables 1-30 (got bored after that)

reach out lol, I'm working on my computer and have a CAS for quick and easy access...

I can recall about 60%. never actually took time to memorize it

I have 12x12 memorized just out of practice, not strict memorization.

I know that

Trigs are easier because you can literally draw out unit circle triangles or derive from euler formula.

But multiplication table is rote memorization

What are you, eight years old? With downs syndrome?

If you can't, something is seriously wrong.