What Does Veeky Forums think of Flat Earthers

Not only the Flat Earth """'theory""""
I want to read your opinion about misinformation, the future generations that will be taught this stupid idea, etc

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-Ax_YpQsy88
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Physicists see the Engineers as retards

Engineers see Humanities SJWs as retards

Humanities SJWs see Flat Earthers as retards

It's just political contrarianism in a time of trench politics, sometimes more subconsciously than other times.

"Oh, I don't like your stance on this or that issue, or you belong to this or that political group, so in order to fight you I'm going to promote the exact opposite of all your stances regardless of what they are."

Flat earthers are 90% people having fun at your expense, and 10% schizo crazies.

The people who get upset over flat earthers are the dumbest of all.

>What Does Veeky Forums think of Flat Earthers

It's fun and comfy to play with, as a weird concept, but instantly collapses when confronted with even basic geometry (how do you engineer a sun "set" on a flat planet, etc).

Mostly trolls.
A couple who need an occasional reminder to keep breathing.

“There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.”

― Isaac Asimov

It makes me feel pseudoscience is getting worse. Less then a decade ago creationists were the loudest dumbest people on the internet. Memes like this were created in response to them wanting public schools to tell kids evolution was a controversial subject. They did a lot of bitching about that being a strawman... Now flat earth is literally a popular idea. Is it even possible to make a strawman argument against them? We've hit rock bottom of stupid.

The poorer-than-their-parents generation's version of people who move to shacks in the woods and stockpile guns and canned food to "live off the grid"

Flat Earthers see the Physicists as retards

How do you explain that all pictures of the earth have revealed it to be a circular disk then???

>What Does Veeky Forums think of Flat Earthers
It's hard to tell what fraction of them are serious, but clearly at least some are.
Right now I think we're seeing a shift away from conventional religions and cults (believe what I tell you!) towards conspiracy theories and rejection of science (don't believe what they tell you!). I'm not sure what's causing it, but it's happening surprisingly quickly.

They should be shot, being ironic or not.
There should be an AI released on the Internet that recognizes "flat earth" bunk and deletes it.
There should be FBI raids, while shooting the Flat Earthers, also burning/recycling any physical flat earth memorabilia.
Anyone who thinks perpetuating this shit is funny, is doing nothing but degrading our civilization.

I'm a flat earther and I actually believe it. I'm not even mad at anyone. I just lol at people getting angry because I believe in something they don't. Its like the whole early 2000s atheism edginess all over again.

Lunar eclipses. Welcome back, fellow round earther.

Flat earthers have explanations for those too. Trust me you're not going to convince me.

Explain Auguste Picard's flight and Admiral Byrd's expedition.

Southern celestial pole and the southern polar stars/constellations.

I have seen some attempts at explaining it, but there's more holes than most hippies jeans.

Amundsen-Scott South Pole Station

Flags in image:
Argentina, Australia, Chile, Russia, New Zealand, Norway, USA, UK, France, Japan, Belgium, South Africa.

>Explain Auguste Picard's flight
Two people rode in a balloon.

>and Admiral Byrd's expedition.
A bunch of people went to Antarctica.

What kind of explanation were you hoping for?

Give me you handwavy "physics is Illuminati conspiracy"-tier explanation of lunar eclipses first.

A real explanation not some dismissive bullshit. That's why most flat earthers don't bother. You won't so much as listen and have a reasoned debate you'll just scream that we're wrong.

Auguste Picard rode in a balloon and said that the Earth appeared as a flat disc with upturned edges.

Admiral Byrd went to Antartica and came back with wild tales of undiscovered continents as well as green rainforests in the midst of what we have been told is a frozen wasteland.

These two things were in all the papers at their time.

Don't need physics or your lies disguised in mathematical garb. (That's more or less what Tesla said of Einstein's theory).

The sun and moon are far smaller than you think. The earth is a flat plane underneath a large dome (see syrian desert glass). The earth does not move nor are there planets. What you see in the sky is something else entirely. The sun and move rotate above us in a circular pattern that extends outward (what you call south) during certain parts of the year and then back inward towards the center (what you call north) during other parts of the year.

Picard only flied 16 km high which is not enough to see the curvature of a sphere this big, and most certainly not enough to see the whole Earth. Also, one person's testimony isn't evidence Antarctica has a rain forest.

You didn't explain shit, you just postulated unfalsifiable crap.

Many stars in Southern Sky are different from Stars in Northern Sky

Polaris (North Star) isn't visible in Australia. It's visible only in Northern Sky.

(Australia flag's) Southern Cross constellation isn't visible in USA. It's visible only in Southern Sky.

>A real explanation
A real explanation for what? They were events that happened.

>Auguste Picard rode in a balloon and said that the Earth appeared as a flat disc with upturned edges.
That's interesting, but so what?

>Admiral Byrd went to Antartica and came back with wild tales of undiscovered continents as well as green rainforests
Do you have a source for that?

The world is not what you people think it is. If you guys knew the truth you would never go back to sleep.

Its not like I was born a flat earther. I believed that the earth is round and spinning at unbelievable speeds through a void filled with all kinds of meteors (and somehow we're not destroyed). But WHY did I believe? Simple. Its because I was told that the earth is round since I was young. Its because I saw images from NASA (computer generated). Its because I saw shuttle launches. It was never because I got in a balloon, like Auguste Picard, and saw it for myself. It was always because I trusted that others tell the truth. And that is a really dumb reason to believe anything. You call yourselves skeptics but if you were to truly search your minds and analyze what you believe you will find that all of you have your beliefs because you were told what to think and not HOW to think.

>The sun and moon are far smaller than you think.
How large are they? How far away are they?
Don't just waver you hands, give some actual numbers.
While you're at it: What's the diameter of the Earth?

>I hate math

say no more

>Auguste Picard rode in a balloon and said that the Earth appeared as a flat disc with upturned edges.
I looked at his balloon capsule and there was something familiar about it that flatearthers use in their arguments.
Round windows. That's why it appeared to have an upturned edge.

As for Byrd, it seems that none of "his" claims actually came from him.

>Grug hate math
>Grug bad at math
>math is useless
>Tesla is the greatest scientist

Tesla literally dropped out College because bad grades/GPA

fuck off back to /pol/

>It was never because I got in a balloon, like Auguste Picard, and saw it for myself.
So, you have never been on a plane? You've never flown internationally? You haven't visited the southern hemisphere and experienced the the night sky that can only make sense on a globe Earth?

Didn't think so.

Tesla failed at exams during College, getting a very low GPA and bad grades, then dropped out.
He never graduated from university.

But for some reason conspiracy theorists call Tesla the greatest scientist of all time while spitting on Newton & Einstein's graves.

>Flat earthers are 90% people having fun at your expense
People say this a lot, but I don't think it's true. I think they're just that percentage of the population that's always been around who are prone to conspiratorial thinking, and for whatever reason want to see sinister plots and grand deceptions behind everything.

They're the people who thought JFK was shot from the grassy knoll, that the moon landing was faked, and that the twin towers came down by controlled demolition. Flat Earth is the ultimate meme of this idea, the ultimate deception of the masses by the elites. Once the internet connected these people together it seems like this was the inevitable end point of this line of thought.

That's why when you look closely, flat Earthers are not actually interested in investigating the shape of the Earth or engaging with all the obvious counterarguments to the idea of a flat Earth. To them it's not really even about the actual shape of the Earth, it's about the idea of nefarious "elites" deceiving the world on a grand scale about everything.

I think you are onto something.

What's your rank in the Illuminati?

Operating Thetan level 8

>You call yourselves skeptics but if you were to truly search your minds and analyze what you believe you will find that all of you have your beliefs because you were told what to think and not HOW to think.
And you were taught how to think?
Which led you to search your mind, not the world?
m8 i live in Australia, everyone is taught how to think and the southern sky's astronomical differences to the northernm throw all this flat earth crap in the toilet.
Science is falsifiable, testable,repeatable and measurable. Conspiracy shits are none of these and as such are cancerous garbage noise.

Theta agents are the smartest group among the agents trained by MK Ultra/Monarch Project by the way.
>if you believe in it of course

Delta: Killers Theta: Psychics Gamma: Deceivers Omega: Suicidals Alpha: Normies Beta: Sex Slaves

complete retards who continually forget that they've been BTFO at every turn and go right back to posting the same tired arguments.

>we've hit rock bottom
We have yet to even scratch the surface

>There should be an AI released on the Internet that recognizes "flat earth" bunk and deletes it.
>AI recognizes "flat earth" is true and promotes it

What would you do be honest

Something between 90-99% of flat earthers on Veeky Forums are trolls having fun. I have little issue with this, unless they start multiple threads.

IRL flatists are morons, but they are not special morons -- they world is full f morons, and if this particular group didn't Muh Flat Earth, they'd be Muh Something Else.

Flatists are less dangerous than Muh Innoculations are EEEEEEEEBIL morons, r anti-GMA idiots.

200 proofs the earth is not a spinning ball: youtube.com/watch?v=-Ax_YpQsy88

You will not be a globalist after watching this.

Irrelevant outside of the memesphere

>le pol XDDDDDDDD
>>>/reddit/

Add an arrow in the direction the earth is rotating in this picture.

I take extreme offence here, just because I want a nation with other people more or less like me and because I don't want the burden of mixing with other cultures all the time regardless if I want to or not. Does not mean I am a fucking flatearther.

Honestly I just want to be bothered the least amount possible and I believe this is done best by having racial and cultural homogeneity.

I'd be deeply disappointed in the AI's programmers, unplug it, and tell them to fix their garbage on warranty.

I'd go for creating an algorithm that would delete Flat Earth videos and post across the Internet.

But then the Flat Earther's argument that there being silenced by the government would become true

how do flat earthers handle the fact that the stars aren't the same in the southern and northern hemispheres?

how do they handle the fact that their offset by each mile that you go toward the other hemisphere corresponds to the curvature of a sphere?

>How do flat earthers handle the fact that the stars aren't the same in the southern and northern hemispheres?

>How do they handle the fact that their offset by each mile that you go toward the other hemisphere corresponds to the curvature of a sphere?

Simple. Ignore it and claim it doesn't exist...

>Don't need physics or your lies disguised in mathematical garb.
>hurr I don't believe in math, I've got my own math with hookers and blackjack

the term for this tendency (of people who believe in one conspiracy to believe in ALL THE CONSPIRACIES) is called "crank magnetism".
if you can be fooled once, you can be fooled again...

>You will not be a (((globalist))) after watching this.
hello /pol/

Kinda hard to be sure because there's no sense of direction. It may be the winter solstice but both hemispheres have that so you could be looking north from the south or south from the north.

However, because fags hardly ever catch sunrise and the left side is missing the near horizon shots, I'm going to call that east making the view south and the rotation left to right.

Also, the heavily corrected wide angle lens makes the path through the sky look so odd, but that should be obvious.

I mean right to left!
I'm a brainlet.

The irony of Flat Earth is that Flat Earthers will bitch about how "mainstream scientist don't use the scientific method", and yet despite their theory being BTFO numerous times they still advocate that the Earth is flat and science confirms this.

Flat Earth isn't Science. It's an ideology of stupidity.