Chem Calculation 'prove your worth'

Here's a simple chemistry question for ya brainboxes.

How many moles of carbon dioxide are produced when 47g of calcium carbonate are fully reacted with 100mL of 0.3 molar nitric acid?
First correct answer wins something special ;)

**bonus** how much volume would this CO2 occupy at standard temperature and pressure?

do your own homework kiddo

its not homework brah. ive already done these calculations, just wanted to test others

15 mmol
372 mL

nobody is falling for that, brainlet

of course, im obviously using your sheer intellect to do my homework. GTFO

0.035 moles of acid, therefore 0.035 moles of CO2. Couldn't be simpler.

Why is this baby chemistry on here?

What reaction leads to the CO2? Write and balance it out fully.

CaCO3 + 2H(NO3) -> H2O + CO2 + Ca(NO3)2

Why is the production of carbon dioxide such a surprise to you? Have you never seen bubbles when limestone dissolves in acid?

The fact that entrylevel chem1 is your homework tells me you're a fucking brainlet

got bored lol + i like chemistry

The fact that it is not homework leads me to believe you are wrong.

>Why is the production of carbon dioxide such a surprise to you?
It isn't.
Do I really need to spell out where the issue with
>0.035 moles of acid, therefore 0.035 moles of CO2
lies?

You could post interesting things though, or ask interesting questions. Go read JACS or if you're a pleb go read Phil Baran's blog.

Oh shit, it's 0.035 / 2 moles of co2.

0.0175 moles of co2 was still uncalculated by the intellects on this board

I hate these types of threads: OP is obviously an American sophomore/junior in High School or a community college student trying to get us to do his Chem homework. Alas, I pity the fool, and I will explain how this works.

You see OP, what we have here is a LIMITING REACTANT problem. The thing about limiting reactant problems is you have to find the limiting reactant, which is the substance which will be completely used up in the reaction. If you have 0.467 moles of calcium carbonate and 0.035 moles of the nitric acid, the nitric acid will get used up before the calcium carbonate. Your math is wrong in that one mole of carbon dioxide is produced for every two moles of nitric acid used up, so it would actually be 0.035/2, or 0.0175 moles of the carbon dioxide.

Respond to this post in the affirmative if you want help with finding the volume of gas produced at STP.

>tfw too intelligent to calculate 0.035 mol out of 100 mL and 0.3 M

What, help with 0.0175 mol * 22.4dm^3 = 0.392? nahh, I'm alright. As i said, i have already done these calculations. I made an error by missing the divide by 2, but hey that's called being human.

He mistyped the problem. Look at his work.

Then he shouldn't complain that nobody gave the answer to a question he didn't ask. The question in the OP was answered in the 3rd reply.

>I made an error by missing the divide by 2, but hey that's called being human.
Yet it's the most basic error that shouldn't happen anymore to anyone past the beginner level in chemistry.

No errors should happen to anyone. What's your point? That's why they are errors, we learn from them.

>What's your point?
That you're a brainlet making beginner mistakes.

Yes. And have learnt from them. I encourage mistakes, you should try making some. Quite the positive feedback loop.

>OP posts his homework problem
>I-I'm not in chem 1 guys I'm a real chemist! Look at these calculations, I bet you guys can't do it.

OP, you're not that bright...

Alright, alright i get it. Stop roasting me.
Won't post my shitty ""homework"" here ever again

We had one question like this in the chem 1 exam worth two points out of 100, so even if you didn't know the answer it basically nothing. I would spent minimum time on training these exercises and focus on the real stuff as you can solve 90% of them by using n=m/M.

>Simple stoichiometry
>Just testing you XD
You do know Veeky Forums is 18+ right?

you FUCKING spastic

People with this type of handwriting are brainlets. Shape your '2' better at the very least.

Since we are done with OP's faggotry homework, I would like an opinion on this. Does the hydroboration occur on the alkyne or alkene? This is for real chemists only, so sorry to all the plebs who don't know which step i mean on first sight.
Also excuse the terrible quality. Someone sent it to me this way, don't have the original.