What does Veeky Forums know about psychopathy?

Yes, I know it's now called anti-social personality disorder, but the pathology remains the same. For years now I have been interested in serial killers, mass murderers, etc. The connective thread woven throughout the lives of these individuals is a marked absence of normal human cognitive functions. I am fascinated about the inner world of the psychopath/sociopath/aspd. Could anyone here elucidate what life is like for a psychopath experientially?

I’m curious what makes people “bad”, or what makes people “good” and our ability to perhaps curtail anti social behaviors in the long term for everyone’s benefit. But I’m afraid to bring it up because it’s a weird topic for a lot of people

Interesting topic but fear your question is quite broad annd vague.

Im fairly certain im a functioning psychopath. What do you want to know?

I am a psychopath according to my brain scans. ASPD is not psychopathy. Whoever said that is a dumb cow. All the shit you read about psychopaths is BS. Most doctors don't know how our minds work. All psychopaths on internet tell lies about us to look cool and shit. If you want pop-sci psychopathy stuff, go to quota. If you want real psychopathy stuff, ask me anything.

You mean the APA? ASPD is the closest thing to psychopathy in the guide book for diagnosing mental disorders. Educate yourself son, especially on your own condition.

>inb4 every autistic assburger is hardcore icecold psycho

im a psycho path..... I will kill u tonite... Xdd

Psychopathy occurs due to certain brain structures. ASPD can be developed by childhood experiences and other traumatic events. Psychopathy and ASPD are different sets with intersecting regions. Educate yourself, you dumb cow.

I did educate myself. In fact I used a source that's has studied psychology more than your single self anecdot. Shame on me for trusting the American Psychology Association over some mentally deficient schizo on a Rhodesian retard wrangling forum. You're dumb, and I don't think you have ASPD. I think you have aspergers and no one wants to be your friend, because you're a jaded, narccisist cunt. So instead, you Webmd your symptoms and self diagnosed. Any actual physiologist knows psychopathy isn't even in the journal of psychological conditions. ASPD literally replaced it. ASPD is literally synonymous with psychopathy as defined by the AMA. Just hang yourself, end your aspergers, ASPD, Autism, Low-T, whatever other condition you have. Fucking idiot.

OP here
Have you ever felt fear?

B T F O

I’m in class and I can’t stop laughing

>random retard on Veeky Forums knows more than several fields of study
neck yourself, abomination

autistic psychopathy isn't what we're talking about here
nobody cares about your assburgers

I am a psychopath I killed two chickens with my bare hands and raped an old woman cuz she was thicc. ask me anything

Give me sources on how psychopathy is not a word that was dropped from academia due to its vagueness and replaced by the more empirical ASPD.

Are you saying that all rednecks are psychopaths?

theres no amount of knowledge i could give you to further what you already have. so little is know about these people.
>little to no emotions (emphasis on rage and desire)
>usually short tempered
>usually intellectual in nature
>usually appear sociable, witty, popular, or at the very least, normal
>usually have a history of being in abusive relation ships (emphasis on parental neglect or abuse)
>signs of psychopathy typically appear in early childhood with the hurting of small animals, other children, starting fires, vehement theft, etc.
>usually take great pride in the acts they've committed/got away with after they're caught.

There's a documentary about the ice man. If you haven't seen it, its the most worthwhile and in-depth interview I've ever seen on the subject matter and I recommend it heavily.

>usually intellectual in nature
I have to call bullshit on that one. They might appear intellectual, but that's only on the surface. The idea of the cold, calculating psychopath is a myth, being applied to only a small percentage of them. Most are vapid, superficial brainlets.

is that a question

It is.

hell naw you don't know shiet have you even met a psychopath???
we have a pyscho-socio club in my school where fellow psychopaths and sociopaths kill niggas and shit its great fun but let me warn you them socios are fucken retarded man i swear on my mum fucken each one of them look like they have down syndrom parents they should be with the tards not with us. anyway in my daily life whenever i walk i calculate each move and stalk the person in front of me like a panthar like all the chicks lovem e but i dont know they try to avoid me i guess ted bundy did give us bad rep anyway we are intellectual as fuck alright no remorse if you cryed to a movie get the fuck out of here boi i have seen bambi like 6 times and i fuking lose my shit when bambi's legs turn into cookie dough like nigga u cant even walk get fucking shot see that is the coldness which you need.

oh yeah btw shout out to my buddy nikolas cruz he was our brother like u play truth orr dare with that guy he will do anything like he tried fingering his mum and shit anyway we said go shoot up a randim school but that boi had some bad memories wit his old school so he went rambo on their fuckin asses LOL xDdd love that boi

How are these people if they are not outright killers? Like are they usually self isolated, angry at everything, noitalls with no real accomplishments, who insist on their own views without taking anybody else's into consideration? I know a guy who really perplexes me, he is very nasty to everybody, makes fun of everybody and pretends to be the worlds next Einstein but doesn't actually do anything, watches Youtube videos or plays online games all day and spouts random facts, gets visibly angry when you correct him then he tries and "bring you down", hours or days later. His own mother admitted she can't take his shit anymore, but in his mind he is a "asshole" but one everybody likes.

He killed animals for fun as a child, he is smart but dumb (I don't know how to explain this about him) and has had a couple of relationships but has been "lonely" as he aged because does not have his youthful boyish appearance anymore. He will literally try and justifiy extreme selfishness to himself, which usually just makes everybody awkward around him and just give him the shit he so selfishly requested because it seems to mystify people who heard this utter nonsense self justification.

rednecks will fuck their own sister what do you think

someone needs to drop his ass

You would think that has happened but it hasn't everybody kind of feels a strange pity for him even though he pisses everybody off, except his parents who feel he is "wasted potential" because he was extremely smart as a child (they use him taking apart electrical appliances and making rudimentary circuits or making trip wire traps as a child as evidence for him being a genius)

They are subhumans puppeted by their most primal simian impulses making them pure cancer to humanity. Psychos are the niggers of humanity.

When I was young, I thought I might be a psychopath because I didn't care much about strangers. As I've gotten older, I've realized that I'm actually a normal person -- just more honest than the average Joe.

For example, if you ask people "Do you care about the starving children in Africa?" they always claim that they do care. If you ask me the same question, I'd answer "No. I never even think about them. I have enough problems in my own life." However, I bet that most people have done absolutely nothing for the African children and care about them as little as I do.

Furthermore, social psychology (and history) has shown that non-psychopaths are ready to kill and torture other people when put under certain circumstances.

TL;DR: In reality, everyone just cares about their own loved-ones, and the difference between a "psychopath" and a "normal" person is very slim.

Bump

Nobody knows much about them honestly. I suspect there are several different varieties. One type lies a lot. One type kills or rapes or otherwise harms other animals. One type is highly intelligent at what they apply themselves to. Etc. Also these attributes can combine.

I get borderline results on the test they were using a few years ago. I probably have the potential to go bad, however luckily my intelligence has so far been capable of working out how to prevent my past from infecting the future of others in a negative way.

Psychopaths may seem dumb as hell but thats usually because they have an insane fucking monster inside of them which is capable of anything and they are fighting hard to outwit it.

This is like the id or the seat of desire within the mind. Its powerful in psychopaths because it has direct access to those parts of our mind which control our actions. This can be because of how trauma affects the mind, look into it.

Trauma cuts off links to higher thought patterns to give the body faster reactions under stress. This is how PTSD forms however in others it goes more toward psychopathy, but again, the DSM is not a polished guidebook.

I can only speak for myself. I dont believe I was born this way, although I may have had some narcissistic traits. Extensive trauma during childhood and early adulthood damaged my neural pathways. I understand all this but my ability to utilize neuroplasticity is reliant upon favourable environmental factors which are beyonfd my ability to influence.

Things like predjudice and being isolated make things worse but whatever you know. Everybody has their struggles.

I wish I didn’t laugh at this

>All psychopaths on internet tell lies about us
>I am a psychopath
>If you want real psychopathy stuff, ask me anything

OH WATCH OUT WATCH OUT WATCH OUT

Aren't well all victims of psychopathy in our own way?
Thank you.
God bless.

What are the differences between NPD and ASPD?

Honestly? Semantics. There's a few different criteria that goes involve into diagnosing someone with one thing over the other. If you're actually interested google the diagnostic guide book. I'm pretty sure it's free online, and it will outline all of the disorders and the criteria needed to fall into one of the categories. Afaik, ASPD is simply not liking social interaction with others, while NPD would be others not liking you due to your attitude.

TL;DR they have low empathy.

They do have emotions, but they aren't like neurotypical people's emotions.
It is different to ASPD because ASPD emphasises the antisocial behaviour, and while psychopaths exhibit antisocial behaviour, they also possess cognitive deficits and emotional dysfunction which causes hedonism, superficiality, lack of forward-planning and audaciousness.

We don't really know that much about psychopathy, and the scale to measure psychopathy, the PCL-R, has been pseudo-operationalised - meaning the measure's scores have become synonymous with the disorder - which is not good.

No empathy and they can't think ahead. They only succeed in society because no one is quite prepared for someone be as brazenly deceitful and shamelessly self-serving as a psychopath. They're not geniuses and they're not supervillians. They're like if a toddler learned how to talk and tie his shoes.

>can't think ahead
>not geniuses
Sociopaths typically have high intelligence, actually. For example: sociopaths comprise around 1% of the general populace but that number rises to 3-4% in CEOs and whatnot. Sociopaths thrive in environments where ruthlessness is key to success.

Sociopaths tend to be narcissistic as well which is why they allow themselves to be caught for the attention and the "look what I am capable of", like Ted Bundy.

tl;dr please don't talk about subjects you clearly have zero knowledge of.

>Sociopaths thrive in environments where ruthlessness is key to success.

Yes, which is pretty much what I said. They become CEOs because they don't give a shit about fucking anyone over for any reason. How does any of that imply high intelligence?

What's your favourite scary movie?

The environment is at the root of the wrong of our society.

What is there to say? They're not complex people or enigmas who do tons of self-reflecting, they're generally really stupid, impulsive and short-tempered. All they care about is getting the things that will give them pleasure. Just imagine turning your brain off and on with only enough activity to cause you to be functional, that's what it's like having ASPD. Literally the noregrets disorder.

I have Asperger's, so a lack of empathy comes with it, but I do consider myself a borderline psychopath.
I'd say the thinkig of a psychopath, and myself, is basically centered about getting as much benefit as possible out of a situation, often at the expense of other people's feelings. However, as I'm not a total psychopath, my actions are elaborate and would never involve harming or neglecting someone physically (unless someone punches me for example, then I'm likely to punch back).
I still love my family and care about others, but I still care about my prestige and social status more than about other people's feelings. I guess this is what most people in the social elite are like, and my family is borderline elite, and they're just like me. I guess the reason we're in the top 10%, but not in the, say, top 5%, is because we care about other people's feelings too much.

>little to no emotions
A psychopath is not just someone with alexithymia. Psychopathy is a cluster of conditions, and in fact not all psychopaths are even alexithymic at all. Their principle shared trait is fearlessness, psychopaths don not fear punishment or anything else, and so cannot be conditioned to obedience to social norms like normies can. This doesn't mean a psychopath is doomed to be an asshole, there are such things as "pro social" psychopaths, who excel in jobs like firefighting, soldiery, and extreme sports because of their fearless natures.
>ASPD is the closest thing to psychopathy in the guide book for diagnosing mental disorders
Psychopathy is NOT ASPD, many psychopaths are also ASPDs but not all of them, you are the dumb dumb here. Google Robert Hare, his psychopathy checklist is the gold standard for diagnosis.

>Sociopaths typically have high intelligence, actually
No, they tend to have lower than average intelligence. The smart ones do very well for themselves, but for every psycho in a boardroom, there are 100 in jail because they lacked the impulse control to stay out.

You are not at all a psychopath, you are an autist. Many autists think they are psychopathic, because psychopaths (allegedly) feel no emotions and autists do not understand their own emotions and so think they have none. The difference is that you would be triggered to rage by being mocked, while a psychopath doesn't give one single shit what other people say or think.

>In fact, psychopathy and narcissism are synonyms.

This is not true.

Why would you simply lie about what I said and then add something as pointless as "nu-uh"? Are you a moron?

I'm . I never said "little to no emotions".

Not in so many words but that is exactly and explicitly what you were talking about so idk wtf your problem is. Oh wait yes I do: You're a moron.

It's hilarious how you lost your shit when someone misquoted you on an anonymous cartoon forum.

>HURRE