Is human space exploration waste of time?

Not fan of /pol/ but I think this user has a point.

>IQ
>>>/pseudosci/

Nah. We're pushing our bodies to the ultimate limit of physics. Whatever it takes baby.

Also

>references four clickbait popsci articles
>compeltely-ridiculous

A nice post, but he had to mention IQ. Into the trash it goes.

Space is a resource dump for now (not to be misunderstood to be agreeing with the nazi autistic screeching)

Op here. I think we should focus on science missions and the use of general purpose robots instead.

no he doesn't have a point, he is misunderstanding a whole fucking lot and is ignorant about everything else
human bodies atrophy without gravity pushing them against the floor
you can literally rectify this with a children's playground toy
there has been NO serious research done on long term effects of lower-than-earth gravity, we just know that micro g fucks us up
I hold a view that places like Mars would inevitably give people bird bones and weak hearts, but they wouldn't be uninhabitable
nearest star is 4 light years away
you can get there in a matter of few decades with existing tech
I'm not even going to bother touching up on that IQ horseshit

fuck this guy

How in the fuck is IQ psuedo science? It's literally a measure of how smart you are compared to your age group.

>measure of how smart you are
get the fuck out of here

IQ has been increasing though?

No, it hasn't. African populations have been exploding.

He keeps saying the human body is going to get fucked up on other planets, but
1. If we are going to colonize deep space we will most definitely genetically engineer our bodies to be most suited to a particular environment
2. There's no reason we can't use technologies in addition to our raw body to "thrive" in non-earth environment
3. IQ is not decreasing; 60~80% genetic refers to "heritability" which is completely different than what he is refering to; the source he cited is complete horseshit

There is literally 0 arguments coming from this post. There is a reason this post is on /pol/

It advances technology. A lot of everyday stuff was invented by NASA

IQ and societal success are strongly correlated.

Fight me Veeky Forums

we sent machines there on our behalf and soon they go explore on our behalf.

We did explore the sea as well even though our body is not made for swimming for weeks amirite?

Of course they are. IQ is pattern recognition. Success doesn't equal intelligence. Airbud had more money than you could ever hope to make. He was in many Hollywood movies, and was for more successful than you will be. Does that mean Airbud was smarter than you? You just admitted you were at a lower IQ that Airbud, because he was more successful.

I mean, we really haven't explored all that much of the sea. What's your point? We have explored more of space than we have of the oceans. There have been more people on the moon than have explored the Mariana trench.

>Success doesn't equal intelligence.
no, but there is a strong causal link between the two

>You just admitted you were at a lower IQ that Airbud, because he was more successful.
actually all i said was that iq and societal success are strongly correlated, you just got over defensive and made a lot of things up

Ok, so then what is your point? Your stating what everyone already knows. A higher IQ is indicative of more success. What's your point? Was that it?

>We have explored more of space than we have of the oceans.
You ready to bet money on that?

Yes. We literally have mkre detailed Maps of the moon than we do if our ocean floor. As it stands the entire ocean has only been mapped to a resolution of 5 km. That means anything smaller than 5 km cannot be seen. We can read the side of the rover on Mars with Hubble if we wanted to. Granted, a lot of sea floor has been mapped at a higher resolution, but only shipping lanes, and those required by law to build ports (as well as independent studies). You want my pay pal or venmo?

even if we would have a thousand times the data on space than we would have on the ocean, we would still have covered a bruzillion times higher percentage of the ocean than of space and you know it's the truth.

That IQ may not perfectly represent intelligence however it is nonetheless, a credible metric which can be used to make generalizations of the intelligence of specific populations.

Also, that Africa is driving down the mean IQ by a statistically significant amount, as a result of certain races being genetically-- "ungifted".

You're a fucking idiot.

And if you consider number of miles explored as the metric to which has more explored, then space wins. So what's your point?

Taking int account the fact that I often see homeless people I'd say yes.

It's about as smart as planning imaginary vacation next year when you've got nothing to eat tonight.

>we shouldn't plan anything as long as we haven't turned Earth into a perfect utopia
kek and lel

>And if you consider number of miles explored as the metric to which has more explored, then space wins.
Correct, but the only thing is that no one but idiots would consider so.

classic /pol/ "argument"

>because I said so
Sorry, the fact that we can measure a distance of 13.2 billion light years means more of space has been studied. The earth is only 0.13333 of a light year. We've studied 7,692,307,692 TIMES more of space than we have of our oceans. It's a simple fact.

if you honestly think all space within 13.2b ly has been seriously scrutinized, well, i shouldnt need to finish this sentence.

also, space is inherently easier to study than much of our oceans, at least, by visual inspection.

Yeah, that's why we've visually inspected more of it as well as mapped it through frequencies that aren't visible. I guess we're arguing semantics at this point and can go around in circles all day either way, I'm off work now, so I'm going to go do other things. Have a good day user.

>negating the superior quantity of flow, temperature and pressure measurements of the ocean.

thanks for making me waste my time reading the post of a shitstain.
I really don't understand what is up with people like that, they act like animals not thinking about the future, only about their punny existences. I wonder how we came up with IQ being genetic, I find it funny that people believe intelligence can be measured or that even matters (as long as you're not retarded or autistic, although the latter might be an advantage on your field).
I think space exploration won't be an option for us for up to 300 years or until humans manage to solve their resources and energy problems, but it will eventually have to come, I don't believe humans would go extint by themselves so quickly (not that it matters anyway, neither of us would live long enough to see the descent, hopefully).
I don't see those those things he pointed as problems, the major problem will always be resources, speed and energy, we have 7 billion people on earth and there must be a line of persons willing to die just to get to outer space

we have the technology

>I have no idea what IQ is but I NEED to post

this is stupid just develop avatar remote controlled bodies

And what point would that be?

We already know how to build artificial gravity (acceleration). We already know how to build radiation protection (literally any matter).