The best way to put math information in my brain?

I'm pursuing a math degree, there's so much info and so little time

aka the best learning methods?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/channel/UCYO_jab_esuFRV4b17AJtAw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Stop jerking off

Literally cost me 3 years of my life.

are you unironically retarded?

well, that's actually a good advice...

i've also wasted time on that, i think it has to do with some level of depression in my case

i'm also somewhat ironically wasting time by posting this on Veeky Forums

I have 2 degrees, so probably? Just giving you some advice. College can be boring, and addiction can come easily, and suddenly everything is harder than it has to be.

no, i'm just a chronic procrastinator

btw, replying a retarded post in Veeky Forums is not the wisest idea to enjoy your life

OP here again

What degrees? Do you have any other advice?

thanks for sharing

Don't believe all the cool-aid the university gives you and expand your grasp on maths using as many methods as you can if you're feeling flexible.
Most importantly, just bee urself.
Also this

ok, i feel like understanding concepts under different representations is a good way to internalize them... maybe the class is not enough for this

i also hate the idiotic advice of "just practice"

btw, I've already passed my Linear Algebra and single-variable Calculus courses, but as it will get more and more complex i need to refine my learning method

Comp sci, genomics

Basically every regret revolves around fapping.

1) have a plan
2) stick to the plan (don't procrastinate or delay things, even if that seems to have no consequence initially)
3) do things as soon as you can do them, but prioritize what's important over what's easy

Basically all common sense but your brain makes you forget/ignore it.

true, my brain is pretty lame one it comes to studying... i may write a memo or something

thx user

any other advices are welcomed Veeky Forums

Use visualization to understand abstract concept under many different lights. It's hard to explain what to do exactly, but once you get it, you can use this process of visualizing while actually doing maths and it feels like doing cocaine. Literally math becomes meth, so fucking pleasurable.
>inb4 mental masturbator

I think that's the difference between mathematicians and people repeating some step-by-step resolution

I found this channel very useful to achieve that:

youtube.com/channel/UCYO_jab_esuFRV4b17AJtAw

Try to keep a perspective on application. As you follow an argument, is there a geometric representation? Something else?

Try to get to a point where you can anticipate the next step in a proof/application before you see it, build up your intuition.

Math is highly inter related. If you can't see how one field of study is related to another, you're missing something.

Do a shit ton of problems. Do examples. Convince yourself things really are necessary and sufficient. What happens if an iff is only one direction?

Cool, 3Blue1Brown, he's pretty great at explaining. I loved his Essence of Linear Algebra serie.

About learning, it all comes down to how much you are determined to learn and have the discipline to actually do it. Motivation is the fruit of all that is evil and it's lack is often used as an excuse to explain to yourself why you didn't do what you know, deep down, you should have done. Of course, motivation is a great tool and is rooted in the drive you feel to do new things. But things become fullfilling only a long time after motivation went away.

Well, intuition/proving is the skill that i'm most insecure about

are there any good general proofs-related books?

definitely... discipline beats motivation

although motivation can serve as a boost one ego depletion kicks in

So will I automatically become a better math student if I stop jerking off?

yes, in fact you may ejaculate neurons, so be careful

You will literally become Euler-tier.

Ejaculer

Ejacula if Romanian

Personally I can only learn something hard by reading the relevant chapters from at least two textbooks, three sets of lecture notes, some scribe notes, and a PhD thesis

Personally I can only learn by sucking my own dick and absorbing the genetic knowledge from back when altair was kang

Poor quality post

Take small sections at a time. Works for me. Worst thing you can do is large chunks. You will overload your brain.