The Science of Acne

Do we know for sure what causes it yet? I'm fucking 23 and I just started getting acne again despite living a very healthy lifestyle. I was acne free for 4 years after puberty and now I look just as bad as when I was 16. I eat a healthy, vegan diet and exercise 3x a week. I'm in university and stressed but no more than I was as a freshman/sophomore/junior. What the FUCK is going on?

Any biology guys here? Should I just stop working out? I've heard that the testosterone increase weight lifting gives can cause acne.

use a cream for acne if you have acne problems, it won't magically go away
anything with azaleic acid does wonders for me

From what I have read, acne is caused by the blockage of pores. Hair follicles contain a lubricating fluid known as sebum which is secreted from the sebaceous gland. This liquid typically lubricates the emerging hair. However, dead cells often mix with the sebum to form a plug which covers the pore. The sebaceous gland continues to produce fluid even after it is blocked, resulting in the pimple, fulled with sebum and dead skin.

get an accutane prescription. shit will almost cure you of acne

I used accutane as a teenager... not really willing to do it again, plus I still owe 700 dollars to the dermatologist, who is the only guy in town who gives prescriptions for it

Acne is multifaceted, not all treatments will work the same, but it will help to consider stress as the main factor. Mine is virtually gone after primarily doing these:
1. Microdermabrasion, helped uneven skin shedding
2. Reduced sugar intake 99%
3. Got rid of all stress

Now one or two will pop up only if I fuck up and eat sugar

>Got rid of all stress
How does a person with a normal life do this? Do you meditate?

Isotretinoin (Roaccutane)

If you are a male, it's the only solution. And it's the perfect solution.

>2. Reduced sugar intake 99%
>3. Got rid of all stress

pseudoscience

add to this if you have any digestive problems at all fix them. I started noticing whenever my constipation flared up my skin would immediately break out. Started eating more fiber and drinking kefir/probiotics and it helps a lot

>vegan diet
That's the culprit. I recommend 1 kilo of steak injected directly into the veins

why the fuck does it cost 700 dollars for a simple prescription? and why do you ignore your debts? they'll only fuck you over.

>only
don't recommend a fucking rocket launcher to a newbie.
he mentioned his acne did go away once, i'm sure skinoren would suffice

Salicylic acid, retionol, a foaming cleanser, benzoyl peroxide, light moisturizer, exercise. All of this will help to release dead skin and bacteria from the skin.

It's taken me WAY too many years to figure it out, but I've noticed sugar (and dairy) definitely contributes.

And this is true as well.

I als seem to produce too much sebum, and I don't know what can be done about that.

It's been like 6 years mate

Im 32, and dealt with this shit more than half my life. Cystic acne is a awful bitch, tried everything and the only real thing that works is isotretinoin. Oral antibiotics also works, but as soon as stop taking them the shit comes back.
good luck user.

Get a script for doxy

I quit college and took my head out of my ass

>Im 32, and dealt with this shit more than half my life
I'm at over two thirds of my life now, and having to accept my skin will NEVER be completely clear. I hardly remember what it was like to just be able to have a wash and not find a new bump somewhere, and I've never had a shave that didn't uncover something that needed squeezing.

I've had a lot of success with clearing my acne recently by taking Vitamin A, D3 and Zinc every morning. Also I use an aloe vera gel every evening before bed and moisturize my face after a shower.

Wash your pillow cases, fagnuts.

This or Accutane/Clarus.

They were working on engineering a bacteriophage to target acne at one point, but it seems like most viral based drugs it just disappeared.