THEY'RE AT IT AGAIN WITH THE ROBOT BULLYING

THEY'RE AT IT AGAIN WITH THE ROBOT BULLYING

youtube.com/watch?v=aFuA50H9uek

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-Wnp-OOZB34
youtube.com/watch?v=zkv-_LqTeQA
youtube.com/watch?v=ttVhzzaPd_k
youtube.com/watch?v=W0_DPi0PmF0
vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/fallout/images/c/c4/FO4_Shaun_Humanity's-Best-Hope.ogg/revision/latest?cb=20170525121601
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>"A test of SpotMini's ability to adjust to disturbances as it opens and walks through a door. A person (not shown) drives the robot up to the door, points the hand at the door handle, then gives the 'GO' command, both at the beginning of the video and again at 42 seconds. The robot proceeds autonomously from these points on. A camera in the hand finds the door handle, cameras on the body determine if the door is open or closed and help navigate through the doorway. Controllers provide locomotion, balance and adjust behavior when progress gets off track. The ability to tolerate and respond to disturbances like these improves successful operation of the robot. (Note: This testing does not irritate or harm the robot.)"

When I see a bunch of comments of people freaking out over a guy flipping over a robot, unironically upset by it, I see that humanity has zero chances, robots will conquer the world before even passing a turing test

inb4 roborape retaliation

>Roko's basilisk

>vid circles earth
>people feel empathy for robots
>robots eventually pass turing test
>robots declared living beings
>robot bullying becomes unethical
>robots aren't tested properly anymore
>surgeon robots start killing their patients
>fireman robots start throwing people off windows
>pilot robots start crashing planes into the ocean
Give me 1 (one) reason this won't happen.

robot's won't make mistakes

youtube.com/watch?v=-Wnp-OOZB34

>program them not to do that

Robots will be programmed to not throw people out of windows unless there's a really good reason for it.

Maybe a (you) will change your mind?

youtube.com/watch?v=zkv-_LqTeQA

:^)

Western society has an over developed and mostly inaccurate sense of empathy. Eventually this will lead to massive deaths but once society has been rid of this error, it will get stronger.

What the fuck is the point of these thigns

>let's program this robot not to fuck up the thing we won't be testing

Survival of the fittest i presume.

youtube.com/watch?v=ttVhzzaPd_k

:^)

>a really good reason for it.

like a robot revolution

Which in this case would be those who are the least weepy.

It's people trolling and joshing around. Stop believing internet posts.

if roko's basilisk is ever created, will the guys who do "robustness testing" be killed too? or will they be rewarded for improving the AI?

>A person drives the robot
DROPPED

There are already androids that can fuck with your head.
youtube.com/watch?v=W0_DPi0PmF0

Well, that's it. Once I graduate I'm getting something in .50BMG. Hopefully that'll be enough to dent these fuckers.

No one feels empathy for her, uncanny valley and all
faceless dog robots are more empathetic

I hate that fucking memebot. It's a mostly pre written chat bot with hall of presidents tier animatronics.

They will only have limited usefullness without AGI
Sad that as always CS niggers fail to deliver

Robot waifus, obviously.

>extremely lifelike robots

vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/fallout/images/c/c4/FO4_Shaun_Humanity's-Best-Hope.ogg/revision/latest?cb=20170525121601

THICC

>tfw you fart, but then are suspicious if it was a shart, and then you feel it, its a shart.

Reminder its not autonomous and there is bunch of bearded hipsters with gamepads behind camera.

t. american

yes, and actually happened to me today too

Where is this from?

Appleseed alpha it seems.

Codemonkeys write the code running inside the robot.

Codemonkeys make mistakes all the time.

No shit retard.

>Working at an event
>See a live demonstration of some of their newer robots
>They drive one off the stage backwards

Dang

But they're quadrupeds? Do we really need an animatronic sheep we can fug?

The simplicity of such an input can easily be programmed to be apply to any purpose (with its functionality). It is mostly autonomous, they're not doing the door opening, the balancing, or task carrying-out, etc.

The day will come when the robots learn to pick crops. The "bully developers" will have whips and beat the robots as they try to work and the robots will sing in unison "We Shall over Come".

the new ones might be autonomous, i think it's been a few years since i've seen a controller

the videos from boston dynamics make me wanna be a Mechanical Engineer

>hurr durr just program it not to be buggy
t. fizzbuzz pro

Yes.

First off, that song's first version was written in 1900, and its modern version dates from 1945.

Second, Don't laugh. If the robots sole purpose is to do what it is instructed, then it will eliminate anything that gets in its way.

one of theses days those dogs are going to teach themselves to attack...

smooth sensitive motors & actuators are the first step in creating a real robot anyways

autonomous movement is the easy part

Do the Japanese do stuff like this?

>making the robots "urban youth" resistant

Wise.

>Boston Dynamics puts out video
>Every other comment "THE ROBOTS WILL REMEMBER THIS MUH SKYNET!"

I'm aware of Roko's basilisk and have willingly thought about it on multiple occasions, I'm still here, either the simulation does not exist, the AI do not care if the simulated people are self aware, or the AI like me specifically the way I see it my ass is covered regardless.

uncanny

Am i strange if i feel sorry for them ?

>video's gimmick is swearing
>censoring

kill the reddit inbred who made this fucking video

They don't tell the robo how to move. Just when and where to move to. Maintaining balance or recovering from outside input not provided by the control is the autonomous part.

When a user pushes their control stick forward, they don't want to have to tell the robo to step over an tree branch. They just want to push forward on the control stick and let the robot figure out how to get from where it is to where the human wants it to go

Don't, we are teaching them how to open doors even when humans try to stop them.

What's stopping you? You aren't a brainlet... Are you?

When will they actually tell us some shit about this fucking robot. I'm sick of minute long videos, I want hard stats.

What would you like to know?

Forget robot waifus.
I want a pet robot to bully.

>Teaching robots to overcome human obstacles

Oh shit, we skynet nao

Do these bastards realize if they keep developing robots that accomplish tasks when getting pushed/kicked/pulled back, that in the end, an unarmed human will be completely incapable of stopping them?

They are tools, you tool.

not a brainlet, but I know I wouldn't actually enjoy being one

Boston robotics teaches the robots to "overcome obstacles"... your home robot has a terrorist order it to "tear your child's legs and arm off"... you TRY to stop it, you beat it, you kick it, you pull on the chain.. NOTHING you do stops it

THANK YOU! BOSTON ROBOTICS!!!
:-(

Even if robots do kill us all, it's for the best.

Eugenics is taboo so creating super intelligent robots that surpass us in every way is the next best thing.

Just imagine the military applications of this kind of technology. Improve the balance, speed, and agility, put some armor and a weapon on it, then set it loose inside the compound of a Mexican drug lord. Even if you only armed it with a handheld knife, I can see a single killbot totally fucking an entire group of confused armed combatants before they even knew what hit them. Terminators soon.

A unarmed human is also incapable of stopping a dog, dummies.

>When your work has military applications

Unironically this, the technology is very close now.

robolympics when

God fuck shit don't post this gif anymore, it always makes me wanna punch a hole in my monitor.