New Technology In the next 100 years?

will humans merge with machines?

It's hard to guess what technology will be like in the future but it's very likely we will develop more advanced nano machines and mechanical prosthetics that can be integrated into our bodies at least and most likely well be able to download our consciousness into machines eventually

You mean like a fleshlight?

Define merge.
Artificial limbs?
We already have those, basic prostetics is actually old. We are just improving them.
Artificial sensors like sight for the blinds?
Cool, especially if you're blind. All the others will be just fine like they are today.
Expand your brain?
And how exactly do you think to do that?
I know in movies works, but we don't have really an expansion plug.
As for me I'd happy to merge with an anime shaped AI real doll.
Future anons will be blessed.

I am become full HD, the destroyer of sides.

If you mean that humans will be killed and replaced by machines, then yes.

Not unless batteries get way way better or they invent magic scifi shit like arc reactors.

There hasn't been new technology since 2010.

I've always thought of the technological singularity similar to the ship of theseus problem.
You replace parts and continue replacing parts until every single part has been replaced. With ship of thesius the question is when every part is replaced, is it still the same ship? With the techno singulo problem, the question is, are you still human if every part of you is artificial? And if not, at what point did you stop being human?

I think humans are incredibly egocentric. At this time we can argue maybe human isn't a human if their body parts are 100% artificial, but I guarantee you by the time it actually happens, ego will get in the way forcing us to come up with something like "we have a soul that isn't artificially replaced" or something. Really it's all a matter of perspective. Our organic cells replace themselves every 7-10 years anyway.

This. Actually maybe since 2007. There hasn't been much since the smart phone.

Are you the same person you were 7-10 years ago?

Very well said, I never thought about it like that.. Pretty scary to think of what the future hold for humans considering we are such
an intelligent
species

Im excited for when we have a more efficient battery. It definitely would be a game changer and the possibilities are infinite at that point

sounds dangerous

None of this gets me any closer to telekinesis.

I'd like to believe the answer to that is 'NO'
I'd like to believe we're capable of change to the point where every 7-10 years we're a completely different person both mentally and physically who happens to have inherited a bunch of stuff from some other guy. (both mental and physical stuff) Right now I'm working hard so the next version of me gets a nice "
"inheritance" from my current version of me.

It's an entirely philosophical question.
the answer is only left up to the answerer

To put it in other terms, that post is probably the most egotistical post in this thread, not to put it down, its just what it is.

In other words, the ego is the only one pondering the ship of Theseus question.

It'll be weird if the normally proposed ideas become implemented. RFID, basic income with most jobs automated.

It'd be weird if you brainlet communists thought through your ideas.

In 100 years they are going to develop a rechargeable battery that can take an infinite charge. Meaning if you hook a 300 watt solar panel it will hold that power and give you back 90% of that power at a later date. Same thing if you hook a 1 gigawatt power plant to it. The batteries are all the same size. They say the developer was a big Doctor Who fan.

You bet your ass they'll put bogdabots inside you

there's no way to know because it hasn't happened yet. It's not really possible to predict the future, that far in the future.

this is a science board, not a philosophy board

>humans merge with machines

Merge? In what manner?