Steam

>>science
>>technology
>>engineering
>>ART
>>math
what does Veeky Forums thinks about this faggotry ?

Other urls found in this thread:

deviantart.com/popular-1-month/
youtube.com/watch?v=ANA8SI_KvqI&t=23s
youtube.com/watch?v=lNI07egoefc&t=6s
youtube.com/watch?v=Ea39dHj01yc
youtube.com/watch?v=d7ez-gIt08I
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

that it's old news and that this thread is a waste of space

yeah but that's not the question

how else are physicists supposed to make their fancy graphics to wow faggots with pop science shows

You take that shit OUT.
OUT NOW!
OUT OUT OUT!
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
GIVE ME BORING PRACTICALITY!

>how else are physicists supposed to make their fancy graphics to wow faggots with pop science shows

you say that like it isn't a) important and b) effective

the vast majority of artists working in industry are production guys who grind out corporate propaganda and marketing campaigns.

I say that because it explains why the "A" got added to "STEM."

My uni's art department has some courses taught by the engineering and computer science depts.
Remember that many artists have to solve engineering problems to create their works. Pic related.
A lot of modern art is done through software suites / 3d modeling / 3d printing / animation systems that require programming to work effectively.
The professor of one studio course told me that artists definitely don't think like engineers, and that sometimes frustrating trying to get them to produce reasonable code. But they also occasionally come up with some really unexpected and elegant solutions to problems.

most artists in industry are *CON artists
(working in marketing)

Guess I can respect that...

Personally I think art is important for the human race, it is a part of us.

But fuck having it be a part of stem. Stem is already a bit of a meme, we don’t need art in it

STEM includes Mathematics, so it already has some art in there.
it's not a huge leap to add more

So you’d have to be a polymath to be useful as an artist in this case

The A in STEAM does not stand for “extremely fringe case of artist”; it’s a general term. Not to mention in the words of the cringiest tv show known to man, “sometimes science is more art than science”

STEAM is not a meaningful acronym; any use case for STEM does not exist STEAM.. so the only people that will use it are those insecure enough

It is just propaganda/recruiting. Perfectly reasonable to try and get smart people into your degree. Some of them will become teachers, and others will expand the horizons of what the genre encompasses. It is legally, morally, and ethically acceptable and there is no reason to get buttmad over it. Adding an A to STEM means less competition and more cooperation anyway, as many STEM fields do little in pure isolation. Most big projects on the bleeding edge of modern technology require participation from multiple fields.

It's great imo, people have been trying to stuff STEM with cunts for years now, with STEAM the balance of cunts to cocks is harmonized so there will be less pressure to lower standards and force-promote cunts into fields they can't cope with.

>use case for STEM
I mean really these silly acronyms have zero use
But it's probably a mistake to draw some arbitrary line between art and science

SHIT
S = Social Sciences
H = Humanities
I = Ignorance
T = Theology

SHEEEEEEEEIT

SHEE = Social Sciences & Humanities Except Economics

EEEEEE = English Majors, Ethnic Studies, Early Education, Environmental Engineering

I = Interior design

T = Theology

STEM to STEAM
stemtosteam.org
>The objectives of the STEAM movement are to:
>transform research policy to place Art + Design at the center of STEM
>encourage integration of Art + Design in K–20 education
>influence employers to hire artists and designers to drive innovation

stem isn't even a thing outside of murica

I stopped caring about all this bullshit when I realized there was no technological solution to mankind's ultimate death.
I only give it a few hundred years, at this point.
Maybe I'll witness it go to shit, but I think that's more a thing for your children.
There are so many threats on us, it's very unlikely we'll fend them all.
Try your best, I'd really like to be proven wrong by the time I die.
But I've long since made myself comfortable with the idea.

Yes it is.
The equivalent in Germany is called MINT.

In Canada it's just what it is, why compartmentalize so much?

Why not?

It's the Fermi paradox Great Filter:

The normie brainlets taking over, dumbing down and ruining society until it collapses.

It's a compassion filter. To achieve a stable advanced society you need a lot of empathy. But empathy means you spend all your resources doing stupid compassion shit instead of saving the species from cataclysms. So when we finally eliminate racism and poverty we'll find there's no money and no energy to get off this rock and then we all die by an asteroid or comet impact.

This is why religious individualism is the best form of social organization.

We're not gonna make it.

You are right. It is pointless to try...

>die a good species
>survive an evil species
easy choice if you're not a cuck, die

>I am personally in charge of social organization
hurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Idiocraty, is legit where I think we're heading for.
We've known about genetics but we chose not to do anything about it, because it would be racist, or something.
And let's be frank, it will take no less than a few hundred super-geniuses to get us out of this loosing situation.
I like to think I'm somewhat smart, but I'd have to be a lot smarter (or dumber) to actually be optimistic.

>not knowing what an opinion is

I think art is something that makes us human and should be appreciated; however, I do not feel that it is appropriate to waste good money to study it in college given that any talented artist or musician with their passion in that will already be fucking great at it through their free time. I believe art should prove to be a dedicated hobby for the passionate and maybe even a weekend job, but studies should still only include STEM.
t. Guitarist

things like film, cartooning and writing are needed for society as they help build culture which then influences the way the scientists perceive the world.

All art can be good, but if you aren't studying a "disciplined" art like what I stated above you are wasting yours and other peoples time.

You don't need a degree to work as artist.

With a STEM degree you can become a musician, painter, writer and even make video games.

In fact, programmings skills taught in STEM are essential to make video games.

But with a Liberal Arts degree you won't be able to work in the well paid & financially secure STEM careers.

Fpbp

STEM are the best, everything else I dont care about

literally read my post I said film/cartooning or literature maybe graphics design all of these will get you good paying jobs and are disciplined art; not just something you are naturally good at.

I can show you literally thousands of CGI / Painting / Manga illustrators on deviantart and patreon who never took a single art course from an University.

deviantart.com/popular-1-month/

Yet they are better and much more successful than any graduate in "Picasso style Modern Art".

So what is omitted?

Science
Technology
Engineering
Art
Mathematics
Environmentalism
Recreation

>You don't need a degree to work as artist
you technically don't need a degree to do most STEM either. i have yet to meet an artist who went to college and didn't come out the other side a tier or two better in terms of skill.

Science
Technology
Engineering
Art
Mathematics
Intersectional feminism
North African history
Gender studies
Psychology
Interior Design
Life sciences
Economics

College is actual beneficial for artists in that it gives them the skills and networks to communicate. For instance, a musician may be skilled and creative, but he or she may not understand recording or marketing.

i was speaking more to the fact that you are having your work critiqued by professionals and not just tasteless normies who don't know any better. that and its 4 years of rote practice in a variety of mediums. not surprisingly, young artists are aloof and have a hard time pushing the boundaries of their comfort zone.

>young artists are aloof and have a hard time pushing the boundaries of their comfort zone.
Yeah, I can only speak from the standpoint of a musician. We have the benefit of having our work "critiqued" by bars of drunken strangers, and we use the size of the room we were playing last year this time relative to the one we are playing tonight as "approval."

>i have yet to meet an artist who went to college and didn't come out the other side a tier or two better in terms of skill.

Modern Art taught in University is just plain shit and you know it.

youtube.com/watch?v=ANA8SI_KvqI&t=23s

youtube.com/watch?v=lNI07egoefc&t=6s

youtube.com/watch?v=Ea39dHj01yc

youtube.com/watch?v=d7ez-gIt08I