Hi Veeky Forums I've got some simple questions about photons for you

Hi Veeky Forums I've got some simple questions about photons for you.

1. Are photons in the vacuum of space?

2. What is the relationship between photons, charge, and heat?

3. How would one describe the photonic density of our solar system or galaxy?

Other urls found in this thread:

chegg.com/homework-help/questions-and-answers/energy-density-starlight-interstellar-space-10-15-j-m-3-average-wavelength-starlight-500nm-q8374739
news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2011/04/110407-sun-nose-scorpius-solar-system-nasa-ibex-ribbon-space-science/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

And #4. (pic related)
What way are we going?

4. South.

1) photons are in space. Otherwise, we couldn't see anything further than the top of the atmosphere.
2) photons carry energy, so you certainly get a LITTLE heating. Very little. The CMB represents an overall glow at about 4 degrees absolute. Add to that the contribution from starlight. Photons carry no charge.
3) Photonic density is just the starlight and CMB contained in a given volume at any instant.
>chegg.com/homework-help/questions-and-answers/energy-density-starlight-interstellar-space-10-15-j-m-3-average-wavelength-starlight-500nm-q8374739
4) We're currently headed toward Scorpios.
>news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2011/04/110407-sun-nose-scorpius-solar-system-nasa-ibex-ribbon-space-science/

4b) Some would claim we're going to hell.

>1. Are photons in the vacuum of space?
Obviously, otherwise we wouldn't be able to see things in space. What is the point of this question?

>2. What is the relationship between photons, charge, and heat?
The photon is the force carrier for the electromagnetic field and charge is the property of matter that determines how much force is put on matter by that field. In other words, the photon delivers electromagnetic force to a charged particle. Somewhat similarly, the photon is the energy carrier for a specific kind of heat, radiative heat. This is the heat you feel from the Sun's rays.

>3. How would one describe the photonic density of our solar system or galaxy?
I would guess both are dominated by the CMB which is a few hundred photons per cubic cm.

>And #4. (pic related) What way are we going?
Relative to what?

>What way are we going?

Toward the center

>The photon is the force carrier for the electromagnetic field and charge is the property of matter that determines how much force is put on matter by that field. In other words, the photon delivers electromagnetic force to a charged particle. Somewhat similarly, the photon is the energy carrier for a specific kind of heat, radiative heat. This is the heat you feel from the Sun's rays.

How does a photon deliver electromagnetic force?

How does a photon carry radiative heat energy?

What other types of heat would you say exist?

Relative to anything you wish. Which way is the solar system moving?

What would happen if photon density were stronger at the galactic equator and our Suns long orbit went lopsided so we only pass through the "hot" spot twice a cycle?

Just the way you word your questions shows a severe misunderstanding of basically everything. I know you want to understand the universe without understanding the math, but this is definitely not going to happen I can assure you — especially in regards to the nature of light.

And every answer people give you seem to have a million more questions naturally because you don’t know anything. Do your own homework op

>How does a photon deliver electromagnetic force?
>How does a photon carry radiative heat energy?
These questions don't really make sense. Photons are fundamental quanta and therefore cannot be mechanistically reduced further. They are essentially the "substantiation" of energy in the electromagnetic field. They are force carriers because they deliver the energy they are "made of" between particles.

>What other types of heat would you say exist?
Fundamentally, the only other kind of heat is conductive heat, which is energy transfer via non-photon particles, usually electrons. You have probably also heard of convection, which is hearing via a fluid or gas intermediate, but this is really just conduction on a macroscopic scale.

>Relative to anything you wish.
OK, relative to us, we're not moving anywhere : )

>What would happen if photon density were stronger at the galactic equator and our Suns long orbit went lopsided so we only pass through the "hot" spot twice a cycle?
I don't really understand what you're trying to ask. I don't think anything particularly special would happen.

And then one last question, what about photon spin? How can a point particle be spinning? Or if it isn't mechanically spinning what is the term and measurement describing?

It carries a certain amount of angular momentum.

What's the main difference between a photon and an electron?

Is this your homework or something?

Photons are massless gauge bosons, electrons are massive fermions.

lolno I'm not even OP
but both can carry the electromagnetic field?

The electron is not a force carrier of the field, it is a charged particle which creates a field and is influenced by other fields via photons.

thanks user

that pic of the milky way is simply inaccurate, it's not like that at all

that's a nasa pic i recognize it

What are the fields made of, are they like an area of certain types of photons?

>I know you want to understand the universe without understanding the math

I'm going to jump all over this one now.
I get the math, I'm actually quite competent at math and understand this stuff better than most.

I do not understand the physical theories. I am a firm believer in mechanical explanations of things, and current ''physics theories'' are anything but physical theory. So if you think I'm dense because I don't quite grasp the difference between a virtual messenger photon and charge delivering photon than count me in with the masses of brainlets.

I agree, the solar system is going around the galactic core. We are moving south relative to Earth's magnetic field.