Why do people become manchildren? Why do they read genre fiction and comics, play video games...

Why do people become manchildren? Why do they read genre fiction and comics, play video games, watch Star Trek and anime, cosplay?
How does modern science explain it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hlMAKpxN8N0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>They grew up doing it
>"Real life" is extremely boring and terrible by comparison

There's no immediate need to stop doing any of those things so people just don't.

laziness

Same as evolution. Being a manchild in modern society doesn't reduce your survivability.

Escaping the shittiness of adult life

There's no such thing as laziness. Literally any behavior you explain by calling it "lazy" has a real explanation that actually describes what's happening.

sorry I meant faggotry

>There are more adults than children
>Companies that sell products originally meant for children want the wider audience
>Marketers are gradually getting better at what they do

If you define "manchild" based on just being interested in these things, this is a sufficient explanation. If you require the behavior implicit in "manchild" as well, a deeper psychological explanation is needed.

>why do humans continue to utilize varied means of entertainment for thousands of years?

That's your question boiled down to the basics op. And the answer is to focused their mind on alternative subject matter that is not sex and work.

Also considering the fact humans have actively been involved in self-domestication and neoteny of women for sexual selection humans in general are all manchildren to a certain degree. Hell we even turn other animals into manchildren like dogs.

because life is boring and its a better alternative to just getting it over with

The government controls too much of people's lives so they are trapped in a state of perpetual adolescence due to never making their own decisions or facing real consequences of failure.

Are Tolkien and Gene Wolfe considered Genre Fiction?

Freedom of choice? Why does this even bother you?

A lot of the arguments in this thread could be applied to older generations(carefree, escapism, boredom, overabundance, ease of life) - like people who were kids in the 50s/60s/70s but it really seems to affect only those born in the early 80s and later.

>Why do people like things that I don't like

I liked anime. When I was like 14.

Lack of a father figure

Why do normies act like feral wild animals? Why do they feel need to act like mindless psychopathic mutts devoid of any individuality when they are in groups, enjoy watching rich niggers kick a ball around for 90 mins, easily fall for mainstream media clickbait trash, and play games like Call of Duty and FIFA? How does modern science explain it?

Describe what non-manchildren do.

why do slightly awkward normies feel like they're unique, special and "more human" than all the other normies around them?

You are just as typical and predictable as these soulless normies. Humans are animals governed by stimuli in their brains that have mostly converged towards some survival functions but are far from optimized. In the absence of survival stimuli and strong selective factors everyone branches off looking for different ways to get that sweet dopamine release.

>Why do people have fun? How can science explain this?
Sounds like psychology which is isn't science lol

You probably liked girls then too.

Sports

Why the homophobia?

Yes. 2D girls

because gays are disgusting and belong in the bog

You sound like me when I was going through teenage depression and my edgy Atheist phase but to answer your question.
We are in a simulation. normies are actually NPCs and it's quite obvious really. People that start noticing the patterns, coincidences and general feelings related to that are "playing characters". We are not unique, but we are the chosen ones. The more people that realize that they are more sentient than the vast majority of people, the closer we get to calamity.

Also why did you reply to me, you just wanted people to reply to you quickly? I just asked if OP considered Tolkien and Gene Wolfe low quality genre fiction. because they're not.

Yeah bro let’s jerk off to anime to not being fucking normie!

Playing sports is very childish.
There are probably more sports players in the highschool age range than any other age range.

These high school sportsmen know about life more than weaboo retard though.

Kek

In what way does playing sports contribute to knowing more about life?

Drink

Normies jerk off to anime too, but in any case you shouldn't care about being better than an NPC (Normie) in The Simulation. You should care about keeping up with your non-normie brethren. Only the 10% fight each other in wars and ideological battles, the other 90% will just side with whoever is winning.

aha okay
>so he claims

Work, Chores like cleaning gutters and landscaping, farming, vehicle maintenance, woodworking, metalworking, recycling, volunteering, country club activities, Neighborhood Watch, jury duty, board meetings, church, raise family.

>Neighborhood Watch
aka a list of things you've heard adults do.

Plenty of highschoolers drink.
How does pissing money away and damaging the body make somebody less of a manchild?

It socialize you, make you more popular, it teach you team play, it teach you work hardly as you can, etc.

Half of those are things kids do.
Things I did in highschool:
>Work
>Chores
>Vehicle maintenance
>Woodworking
>Recycling
>Volunteering

youtube.com/watch?v=hlMAKpxN8N0

Congrats, you were raised right as a mature kid whose parents didn't let you run around all the time simply doing childish things.

>Why do they read genre fiction and comics, play video games, watch Star Trek and anime, cosplay?
To have fun
>How does modern science explain it?
They are too busy trying to explain why OP shitposts.

>to have fun

that was so last year, d00d

How are people that attend church not manchildren? In your view, literally having an imaginary friend is acceptable for an adult? How does that not contradict everything in your OP?

You know what is really childish?
To think people should like what you do.

What’s wring with you? Are these just things daddy said you needed to do to be a real man?

Leave the manchildren alone, unless it actually affects your life there isn’t a single reason why you should dedicate time to what others do

We need to ban all mass repliers