Mouse utopia experiment

youtube.com/watch?v=0Z760XNy4VM
Growth of population density has been studied decades ago, I'm seeing the same decline of empathy here in the western world too.
Anyone on Veeky Forums sees this happening all days?

>flood the west with asians and africans
>where did the empathy go?????????
Man what a puzzler! Must be those capitalists making stuff.

>muh modern empathy

that's why mid evil Europe had some of the most awful and inhumane methods of imprisonment and execution, and why mid evil times had a genocide every other year, because they had more empathy! of course!

>some of the most awful and inhumane methods of imprisonment and execution
Compared to which civilizations?

Did you know that Calhoun Experiment was repeated a dozen times later and each of them had completely different results?

>I'm seeing the same decline of empathy here in the western world too.

Funny, I see about 50% of the people saying we're too empathetic, and the other 50% saying we've become more empathetic but need to keep improving our empathy. What evidence do you have to support your empathy claims other than your jaded emotions?

The fact that Sweden and Canada are inadequately empathetic to integrate migrants seems to prove that it's impossible for anyone to ever reach an effective level of empathy.

>Calhoun experiment
>Just once is enough, we can now draw conclusions.

>climate change
>not enough data.

>repeated
Links to those studies?
Seems interesting enough.

I am currently writing a comic in which the story revolves around this experiment applied to sentient and intelligent creatures and yes I see this happening.

To my knowledge, every experiment still led to them all dying regardless. Only things like more space/more paths were added, which in some instances prolonged the experiment, but still led to the same results.

We don't truly know what will happen at the end our our own personal "mouse experiment" for we have the ability to adapt better, at least I would hope so. The reason the mice died is because they had no room to grow, everything in nature must have room to grow, or else it dies. Plants die when too crowded, colonies of bugs split or die off when too large, it's all having to do with the rate of growth and not having the room for said growth. If we populate this planet to the point where there is no more room, we will die as mother nature will take it's course. Destruction creates room for creation.

Isnt canada doing well?

dae dislike minorities xddd

>Mouse universe 25
>No one ever wonders what happened to the other 24
But 25 turns into a shit show and it's all anyone ever talk about.

Ask me how I know you aren't Canadian.

Couldn't inbreeding be the reason why they're all dying off?

>Plants die when too crowded, colonies of bugs split or die off when too large, it's all having to do with the rate of growth and not having the room for said growth. If we populate this planet to the point where there is no more room, we will die as mother nature will take it's course. Destruction creates room for creation.

Except in nature, when some group is too big/crowed and dies or sheds itself, it's death begins a new cycle. Plants die, decompose, and feed new growth of fungi or animals. Humans have removed themselves from the cycle of nature, effectively making humans non-renewable. When we burn ourselves our, there's no redundant cyclical backup system to jump start us back up, or so we believe. Truth is if this were to ever happen, humans would devolve to a point where we become part of the natural cycle of life again. Reverting to primitive life, and forgetting all our technology.

I wonder if this has ever happened before? That is, humans reaching a technological peak, then reverting back to primitive lifestyles forgetting our technology. You could say that's what happened during the dark ages. Perhaps it's happened long before that too. Especially if there were a concerted effort to destroy knowledge of any technology like during the dark ages. Hell the human race could have been a race of super advanced space travelers who eventually went on a crusade to erase all their knowledge and technology for fear of recreating their nightmare utopian hell.

I didn't. Please, continue.

>Except in nature, when some group is too big/crowed and dies or sheds itself, it's death begins a new cycle.
Right, but this is taken to account in nature. This experiment was done in a closed quarters scenario, an artificial environment. No exploration, no competition, no challenges, no fear. This process cannot simulate nature nor encourage growth unless the experiment grows itself, at which point it fails to follow the hypothesis it set itself to prove.
Even if the mice died off, the younger generations are still impaired because they learned from said destructive mice. They are the "beautiful ones". The ones who are so incredibly confused that they go on standby mode, living off the basic necessities, knowing only how to consume and destroy because what they learned from creation was an incoherent confusing mess and they can't make sense of it. All they were witnessing was mice fighting for no logical reason so why would they associate with said mice? If they were sentient, why would they continue to exist knowing they couldn't escape? Do you really think such creatures would have the will to live on knowing there was nothing else?

>Truth is if this were to ever happen, humans would devolve to a point where we become part of the natural cycle of life again. Reverting to primitive life, and forgetting all our technology.
The wave goes up and down so long as it has space to do so. If we don't have interstellar travel soon I fear that we will suffer the same fate as the mice regardless of what resources are available to us. We need to keep going. We need to keep the wheel turning. We can't just "stop" after all this time inventing and trying to understand the universe. This would stagnate us to what you've described.

(2/2)
These "beautiful ones" will always come into existence when you take away the ability to "create". What I mean by "create" doesn't mean just reproduction, it ties into a mouses schedule. A mouse will forage for food, forage for said mate, reproduce, and create habits that will allow it to continue it's existence in nature. The experiment took away all of these factors leaving the mouse nothing to "create" so to speak.
The food will always be there, no thoughts or plans will need to be created to adapt to different scenarios.
The women will always be there and plenty of them, there is no need to "woo a mate" because there are tons of them and there is literally nothing else to do for fun.
There is no need to create a habitat or adaptation strategies for changes in weather or conditions. Everything is a constant, forever.
There is (eventually) no need to reproduce because there is no need for it. All personal needs have been met and that is the only process that the mouse knows. The instincts have been replaced by a purely destructive/ non constructive mentality.

This is what will end up happening if mankind ever builds self-sustaining fully automated luxury space colonies.

>invade Amerindian lands
Time to get extinct'd, subhuman.

are you saying the mouse had an existential crisis?
The only purpose for a mouse to exist is find food, make an nest, and mate. Take those tasks away and it has no purpose to live?
Maybe the mouse should take up painting or some other creative outlet.

Maybe the mouse should get a job

Wrong, that is the solution, more space to explore.

>are you saying the mouse had an existential crisis?
No , the mouse is not realizing it has no purpose. It has no purpose to begin with, it has lived its life with no purpose whatsoever. It has no concept of an existential crisis.

>The only purpose for a mouse to exist is find food, make an nest, and mate. Take those tasks away and it has no purpose to live?
No, take those things away and it's ONLY purpose is to live. To just "live" is inherently selfish because of the ego, the need to take care of oneself before others. The mouse has no concept of self sacrifice and as such would not want to mate or raise children/give birth to children.

diversity is a strength, housing is a human right

>More people
>Less resources
>More restrictions on behavior
>Less freedom of (meaningful) choice

>People act like cunts

What a surprise.

For my next experiment - if you put a rock in a mans shoe and ask him to walk a mile, does this increase his chance of being a grumpy asshole when you tell him to walk an extra mile?

>I wonder if this has ever happened before? That is, humans reaching a technological peak, then reverting back to primitive lifestyles forgetting our technology.

It's happened to isolated groups - Europe after the fall of Rome in small pockets. They didn't completely revert, and many areas retained the knowledge. So it's not really what you're after I guess.

They aren't inadequate. They do far more than is rational, based solely on empathy.

The logical choice would be to kill all poor and dependent migrants.

Letting them not only live, but live due to your work and effort, is highly empathetic.