Could CRISPR end race related issues?

Ok, this might only be my personal point of view on the matter, but I think most racism actually stems from a group's fear of losing their racial purity. I'm absolutely not an expert on genetics, so first off I'm gonna ask some questions:

Let's say a certain race "lost" their racial purity in a hypotetical scenario (let's say their dna is still predominantly of their original race but they now have 25% from another one, also in this scenario there are no pure individuals left) could CRISPR replace that 25% with dna from the original race thus making the population "pure" again?

If yes, how exactly would that work? Correct me if I'm wrong but if there are no pure individuals in my scenario to take their dna as a reference, could the dna of various mixed individuals be used to construct pure individuals by "piecing" together the remaining 25% out of the 75% dna that belongs to the original race?

Would this only work on their offspring or could their dna be changed while they're alive? (I'm aware bone structure can't be changed, but what about the rest?)

And if it's possible, would this basically solve race-related issues (or at least most of them) since CRISPR would always ensure the purity of any race?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=k3QN8HxMkIw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Also I know this is somewhat political but I didn't know where else to post it.

Racism stems from biologically determined differences in behaviour and capabilies between ethnic groups.

this

racism is because blacks actually do have lower IQ due to genetic differences in evolution. It's not because of skin color.

Racists hate the 25% white african americans as much as they do the 100% african african americans. The only thing "racial purification" would be good for is /pol/tards who want to get rid of their 3% ashkenazi DNA. Using the tech in this manner would actually only worsen racism. A much better approach would be to racially mix everyone equally while also giving them favorable behavioral traits.

If by ending race related issues you mean restoring "purity" to a race, then theoretically, yes. but this would have to assume that there are pure races.

If we assume that there are, then pure members of specific races would serve as templates. CRISPR is normally a cell's natural means for combating viruses. Once a viral genome is detected within the cell, CRISPR takes a "mugshot", if you will, of a viral genome fragment. Once this fragment is recognized by the cell, the Cas9 protein is able to cleave out that piece of the viral genome. It's essentially a natural booster shot, in the sense that it deals with recognition of viruses. To my understanding, this process can also be used as a means of DNA repair.

The Cas9 gene (at least I think it's Cas9, it could be another ligase), has two ways of repairing DNA once the defective sequence has been cut. It can simply join the two ends together, or it can fuse them to either side of a template, "working" strand of DNA. This is where the possibility for genome editing comes into play.

Let's say a /pol/tard has dark hair, dark eyes, and he wants to "swap out" for blonde hair and blue eyes. In theory, geneticists could use CRISPR to cut his current color alleles, and join the ends of his DNA using template strands for his desired traits. CRISPR is a relatively cheap means of genome editing compared to other techniques, so maybe someday it will, in fact, be publicly available.

>A much better approach would be to racially mix everyone equally while also giving them favorable behavioral traits.
But that would destroy all diversity humans have, wouldn't it be much better to give all races good traits and making legislations that protect each one's purity? (Yes, I'm a purist but I'm not racist)

This whole thread is retarded by the way. It doesn't matter what idea you come up with. It matters in context.

In this context we will see it occur similar to other technology like IVF+PGD. AKA optional and up to parents not top down managed by government.

Yes, some parents will eventually opt for blonde+blue eyes+white skin or whatever.

1. Yes.
2. Yes, only if you have the data stored.
3. Only offspring. Replacing limbs and transferring brains to clones is the only way to alter people alive, even bone.
3. Hell NO. It would make even MORE race issues as soon as the liberals, furries and weaboos get their hands on it. Then you end up with our entire planet turning into Phantasy Star 2. (Cat girls, werewolves, demons, etc etc)

youtube.com/watch?v=k3QN8HxMkIw

this

it's going to be interesting to see current progressives dealing with people turning into literal horses and shit.

>your son wants to be a doggy furry with part lion legs
oohhhh so proud and brave

>Bojack Horseman was PROPHECY.

>Mfw

>We leave the planet for a few hundred years.
>Come back to find the entire planet has become a Cthulu-esque hellscape.
>OFW

Well I just mean

>human evolution stops taking thousands of years
>isn't just sex and survival selection anymore but arbitrary

People who think this leads to nothing but aryan blondes are pretty funny. If anything it means the spread of humanity increases to all sorts of shit. It's an unprecedented amount of genetic change being possible. Things like immunity to virus, incompatibility in terms of reproduction with normal humans, and other very novel changes are possible.

People who look at it under black vs white american dynamics are morons.

I am more interested in Religions reaction to this.
Will they go full "REEEEEEEEEEE" and start persecuting scientists as wizards?
Will the scientists in turn nuke the planet?
TUNE IN NEXT TIME ON DRAGON BALL Z

I assume there will be a lot more amish style movements in the near future.

80's town with only technology from the 80's allowed etc. I feel like there will, for humanity's stake, be more taste-specific social groups. Although it will probably just end up being in VR that these communities form.

>The Satanists get their hands on this tech.
>They begin plans for an ultimate life form with fangs and horns and a goat legs.
>Anti-Christ confirmed
>They begin transferring their own brains to demon bodies.
>Destroy everything.
>They begin cloning a massive 7 headed dragon.
>YFW science made revelations come true.
>YFW you get an actual badass apocalypse and it was all technologies fault.
>TFW no FW

>TUNE IN NEXT TIME ON DRAGON BALL Z
Post yfw you miss an episode and tune in to see the next one

No.
Pls...

._.

But how much of that has to do with their culture and shit schooling?

>so maybe someday it will, in fact, be publicly available.

How long will they keep us waiting?

we spend more public money on black education than any other group

There are multiple tracks to this technology.

Three currently important segments.

Segment A: Embryo availability
This ranges from taking eggs from the mother. Boosting that number with fertility drugs. All the way towards creating limitless supply of eggs via cell manipulation.

Segment B: Selection Algorithm
From zero (nature) all the way towards intelligent design with high prediction capability.

Segment C: Editing capability
What is the success rate of editing, how much can be done. From none to full synthetic creation of arbitrary embryo with exact genetics you desire.

You can go finer detail with implantation success rate and other things but this is a good summary. With high enough embryo availability and a good enough selection algorithm you don't need to CRISPR at all. A thousand embryos all tested and the 1/1000th best one selected is enough for a superhuman society.

That process, embryo harvesting and genetic selection is already legal and happening in USA today. we are already genetic engineering humans.

I'm just pointing out that having "purity" as an objective is counterproductive to solving racism. If your goal is to get rid of racism, making everyone the same race would be far more effective, but of course that isn't realistic or desirable. Are you a quadroon or something? Just accept your racial identity brah.