>Here are the rules, now apply them
>College Physics
>College Chemistry
>College Biology
>Here are a million keyterms, structures and processes
>Memorize them all and be able to identify them
What the fuck? You faggots told me biology was supposed to be easy. When does it become like math?

You're probably taking early math, physics, and chem courses that don't require understanding and critical thinking like the later courses will.

Sure a lot of Mathfags might consider Calc 2 early but Calc 2 and Organic Chem are supposed to be the hard classes and yet they are far easier than what I have had to deal with in Bio. Memorizing a few formulas and applying a few rules is nothing compared to memorizing 100+ specific chemical processes or random fungi parts. Keep in mind this Bio is just as "Early" as the rest.

Calc II can be hard but it's very different than later courses. I've barely taken any chem so I can't really speak to that.

If by college physics, you mean 101, then that's not actually physics. That's like reading 1 fish 2 fish red fish blue fish and saying you understand everything in Paradise Lost.
To have an understanding of physics and/or chemistry, you have to fully understand calculus as well.
Bio is literally a matching game and that's it.
And don't even try to tell me you took the actual physics and chem classes because you'd have to be a major in those fields to take them.

>When does it become like math?

Quantitative/population genetics is what you're after, son.

>Look Physics gets hard you just have to take high level/university classes!
I'm not saying I don't believe you but i'm comparing it to a Bio class that is the same fucking level. It's not like i'm comparing a high level Bio to a low level Math.
>Matching game
Yeah and that can be very fucking difficult if you are expected to "match" literally thousands of things and know at least a paragraph of shit about each thing. Challenging math is at least fun to figure out, sitting down and cramming something into your brain for hours at a time is fucking horrible.
It actually is but I have to wait until post grad to actually study it in detail. I got into Bio because I like evolution and population dynamics and figured it was the closest thing to "Applied evolution".

You fell for the "math is hard" meme.
Memorization is actually a million times harder because it's boring, and most of the shit you memorize you don't care about. Math is at least entertaining. This is why most Med majors want to kill themselves.

Math isn't hard, it just requires you to actually apply yourself which is something most students (especially in high school) can't do. As someone who works in a school I am pretty confident is saying the only reason people hate math is because it's not something you can BS your way out of like a lot of other subjects.

>College math

That's not math though

What's math then? I'm a Math major doing my first Linear Algebra course and that's still how I generally view most Math problems, even if it is an oversimplification.

Math is proving those theorems and principles you use from the ground up. What is orthogonality? What would such information be important? How did the concept of a determinant arise? What can we say about the kernel of A, if we know that the kernel of A^T contains only the zero vector? Ect.

Being a mathematician is being able to elaborate on and prove these things, starting from basic definitions and axioms. Those were somewhat simple examples, but I'm sure you see what I mean. One might even argue that you're not a mathematician, until you have proved something novel/created something of your own.

The thing is usually people Who chose Math and pyhsics have a good memory, só for them bio sounds easy

That's definitely college math. Pretty much college degrees are to teach you the safety-net, stuff everyone already knows.

Physics and math are about plug n play in college. Follow the instructions, get the answer. You're not discovering anything new, you are learning the ropes. As mentioned, you don't really use a whole lot of critical thinking until later.

Same with biology about the critical thinking part. Biology is about memorizing a lot of shit in undergrad because if you move on to research you need a MASSIVE background understanding to be able to critically think about biological problems.

What shitty math departments did you have? You don't describe my undergrad at all

What are later courses? Calc I, Calc II, Linear Algebra, Discrete Math, Probability are all brainlet-tier? What are the next levels to take in uni if I took all of these courses and I feel like I need to take more? I want to get into the proofs and actual math.
(Physics & Comp. Eng major)

Most courses past those should be better. Even Linear II should be largely proof0based with little to no computation or plug-and-chug.

>Take Adv. Molecular Bio
>Naming schematics are fucked to shit
>These proteins are similar? Let's name one Protein1 and the other ProteinA!
>Let's insert the letter "X" in there. Because it looks cool.
>Do these numbers at the end represent order? Gene location? Who knows!
>The acronyms have fucking acronyms
Fucking hell

It's almost as hard as remembering all the genders at a gay pride rally.

>should be largely proof0based with little to no computation or plug-and-chug.
So, that's real math then? Proofs? That is what you autists are talking about when you call undergrad material brainlet shit? Not him, by the way.

That's generally how I see it. I'm an engi though, and most of my upper-level math is just self study, so don't take my work for it.

Stop falling for internet memes. All sciences and math are equally hard, some of them get harder at different points though. Engineering and physics are easier at first and then become harder. Biology and math (an actual math degree not calc and linalg) are hard from the get go

>can't even memorize a couple of proteins

Never gonna make it. Come back when you've memorized every protein and substrate and reaction mechanism of glycolysis/TCA/ETC and then complain.

Bio gets a lot more fun at the cellular level. Hang in there, OP.