Homeopathy: Misunderstood?

What do you think Veeky Forums?

youtube.com/watch?v=l3A1Z9dR5XI

Shouldn't we give homeopathy a chance?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=C0c5yClip4o
policymed.com/2011/08/modern-medicine-vs-alternative-medicine-different-levels-of-evidence.html
youtube.com/watch?v=8HslUzw35mc
youtu.be/6dFYfeADX7g
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>not posting this
youtube.com/watch?v=C0c5yClip4o

>Shouldn't we give homeopathy a chance?
>implying it wasn't given thousands of chances and failed in over 95% of them as evidenced by hundreds of meta-analyses

Failed?

Samuel Hahnemann cured himself of Malaria.

Granted, it was because the root he diluted was a natural medicine, but he did cure his malaria,

but placebo does have effect! Just like with Dumbo's non-effective feather causing dumbo to believe he could fly, and giving him courage to use his aerodynmically efficient big ears to soar, people who regularly take placebo medicine don't get sick often...

policymed.com/2011/08/modern-medicine-vs-alternative-medicine-different-levels-of-evidence.html

... Because such physicians have a better relationship between patients than real MDs.

...and according to Icke in the OP video, the respected Aerospace Institute did an actual scientific experiment, in where they got different people to leave imprints in water, and they found like on a subatomic level, that everyone's imprint was different and it changed the water to some degree.

So maybe it can't cure cancer, but that's still a pretty interesting result, not what I call "failure" and that shows that homeopathy may need to be looked into further and not just dismissed as a pseudo-science.

Also, she's a cutie!

>Shouldn't we give homeopathy a chance?
Yes. Just do the same tests as with regular medicine. Double blind and all. Throw the results of a dozen of these tests together in a meta-analyses à la Cochrane and see what comes out.

>[spoiler] Homeopathy doesn't do better than placebo [/spoiler]

You will never accept evidence that debunks homeopathy.

Certainly not if it's only coming from state funded, bought and paid for, 'university science'

Then why are you here.

No, homeopaths are a bunch of hacks and the practice should be banned.

>give homeopathy a chance
already did, it's called the Dark Ages

I literally just saw a video on homeopathy today. I thought it was just natural remedy stuff but it's so much worse.

>homeopaths don't have a financial agenda
Kek

The only instance it has been proven in somewhat treating is allergens.
Most of these practitioners are nuts.
I hate when phytotherapy is confused with this quack shit.

Homeopathy has been given chances.
It has undergone many tests and they have all come back with inconclusive results.
That means that there is no evidence that it actually does anything. Unfortunately some people interpret this as "we need to do more testing".

We don't. It's bollocks.

But state funded, bought and paid for homeopathy is fine? Because there are countries and states that fund and subsidize homeopathy. And some of them are funding research to see if it actually does anything.
So if they are funding it as a treatment, and also funding the testing to see if it actually does anything, then where is the bias?

Not posting the latest video from based Kurzgesagt.

It's been given a chance. For centuries.
AND IT DOESN'T WORK!!!

After a dozen 10-to-1 dilutions there's not a single molecule of the "medicine" left.
When the size of molecules became known and it was easy to prove this, the quacks were reduced to claiming their snake oil magically "imprinted" a kind of molecular memory on the water itself.
It is total and unmitigated bullshit!

About the best you can say for it is that it's no more harmful that drinking water straight.
It IS water and nothing but. It's unlikely to poison you. No more than what you can drink straight from the tap.

I know some governments pay for it.
And some "research" it.
Which only goes to show lobbying and campaign contributions are effective and that there are a lot of brain-dead (or, at least, totally immoral) politicians.

There are actually thousands of research trials on homeopathy, many of which show positive results. A propaganda war against homeopathy is being waged by organized groups of skeptics who ignore all the evidence. Many are secretly funded by Pharma.

I can't think of any comment sufficiently vile which wouldn't get me banned for obscenity.
CITATIONS (other than from the Journal of Pathological Misinformation) or **** off back to /x/ or /pol/!

Homeopathy IS pharma, its literally a several billion dollar industry on its own.

>the Dark Ages
It's not that old

The line between hormesis and homeopathy is over-generalization -- small exposures to some, but not all, stressors/substances confer positive effects.There's no amount of lead or mercury that's healthy for instance.

"Orthodox" homeopathy dilutes the substance into non-existence. Not an atom remains.

You're not going to develop resistance to poison by drinking pure water. Exception: it works for "iocaine powder" because that doesn't exist either.

ehhhh, to be fair, sometimes the recommended homeopathic preparations are nowhere near the 30C-40C levels or the absurd CM levels. There's a lot of homeopathic remedies taken with an effective ratio in the [math]10^{-3}[/math] to [math]10^{-12}[/math] range. There's a decent probability of having at least a few molecules of the original substance floating around.

homeopathy is still bullshit, but we shouldn't exaggerate in our criticism of it

I don't think anyone is arguing for or against "Orthrodox" homeopathy because that would be a fool's errand given its irrelevance to reality.

Why is Veeky Forums turning into /x/?
Homeopathy and the whole array of alt medicine is complete pseudoscience.
>muh metaphysical memes WE cure dem disease wit waveform harmony majik my man lmao man ur senses arn't real en shiet god bless
Complete garbage.

This gets cringier every time I watch it.

>homeopathy

It's just water

>banned for obscenity

How's your fist day on Veeky Forums going so far?

The only merit of homeopathy is being a convincing placebo, thus helping solve the issue of over-medicating in first world countries, France especially.

placebo effect... it works if you believe it works

Not posting based CHL
youtu.be/6dFYfeADX7g

At least sometimes

t. low test newfag soyboy kike

nigger

Maybe if we give it a thousandth of a chance it will work.

If people who trusted in homeopathy only used it on themselves, I wouldn't mind at all.
Every death just raises the mean IQ of the human race a trifle.

It's the OTHER people (such as children) who aren't given a choice, that I mourn for.
Same with the anti-vaxxers. The harm they do is inestimable.

>vaccines are effective

>we need herd immunity for everyone to be safe from illness

Which one is it? The second disproves the first

This is the guy who believes the Moon is used by Saturn to put us in the Matrix.

I wish I was kidding.

I'll take compromised immune systems for 1000, Alex.

Nobody claims the latter. The claim is that gets immunity is necessary to prevent the spread of the disease to those who are still susceptible.

>retarded thing
>everyone ignores
>change it completely
>pretend it's he same thing
>I WAS RIGHT ALL ALONG
every quackery ever

As far as I remember homeopathy was simply eating a decent diet and maintaining a healthy life style to stave off illness and relying on dietary shifts and herbalism to help with mundane illnesses.

You remember wrong

Must be thinking of something different then.

>research trials
Double blind?
Randomized?
Statistically analyzed?
Peer reviewed?
Meta-analyzed?

Or just some quacks reporting regression to the mean as success?

So if your immune system is 'compromised', even a vaccine won't protect you from the illness it's supposed to? Reread my post.

>So if your immune system is 'compromised', even a vaccine won't protect you from the illness it's supposed to?
Do you wake up in the morning and challenge yourself to be stupider by the end of the day?

Y'all need to watch this.

How does the second disprove the first?
We get the second through the first.

A vaccine trains your immune system to fight off a disease before you encounter the natural version of the disease.
If your immune system is compromised, by a defect, another condition such as AIDS, or old age, then even if you train the immune system with a vaccine it won't be able to fight off a disease as easily (or possibly even at all) as a person with a healthy immunity.

This is where herd immunity helps. If the people around you are immune then they are far less likely to pass something your immune system cannot deal with onto you. But we can't build herd immunity without vaccinating.