Truth

What is truth?

Bonus: Who gives a shit?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=f5Mdbcbys_s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

one thing I know about truth is it's about as likely to come out of this yammering self-promoter's mouth as it is to speak for itself

Nothing is true independent of the individual. "Truth" is a normative concept like "good" is. The mind of humans have evolved to think in terms of things being "true" or not and things being "good" or not. When an individual says something is "good" they are typically expressing their feelings on events/actions/individuals. When an individual says something is "true" they are expressing their feelings on the events/facts/ being discussed. Due to the normative nature of both of these concepts and the shared usage to describe events many people have thought that they both describe the same thing, which is what the Pragmatists were getting at when they described what is true as what is good. However, that is just a flawed empirical analysis of two quite distinct things. also fuck sam harris

fuck off peterson
>muh metaphorical truth
cringe

you can't read. I specifically shat on the pragmatist theory of truth which is what peterson believes in

There are many types of truth. I cba typing an essay.
Bonus: those who seek clarity and pragmatism

>there is no science
yeah, go back to /x/...

Truth is a joke. The ignorant choose to make meaning out infinite, to say 1 entity made this. The human body is a time and space mutating vessel like prison for energy. We are the consciousness of a mechanism that sole purpose is to consume the world around us. To outlast the given environment.
There is no morality, organisms are logarithmic gravity. Defense mechanism of hydrogen and carbon bonds.that intertwined into more complex mechanisms. All integral on the motions of each other to maintain motion throughout time and space. By consuming the environment around them. No better way to adapt to your enemy is to steal his teachings. Become part of what is your environment and vice versa.
We are god made up of god. The universe will never end unless we know how to achieve 0 affect on the fabric of time. When we achieve this we will become infinite energy, become infinite possibility and thus create our own reality. Become one with god the universe. This is true truth, no constraints.

Be a pragmatist. Truth is overrated.

>What is truth
Truth for a model is something which holds in it.

Thanks, user, I'm going to plagiarize this as the intro for my science fiction novel.

Truth is to know the smallest and the largest things in the universe and be able to tell how many of those small things make up the largest.

You`re welcome.

But remember, you will be painting that picture with words you did not imagine. It will fail to be your truth and your journey through spacetime shall be unworthy.

petersen btfo

youtube.com/watch?v=f5Mdbcbys_s

misleading the yoots. creating duality. i hope they are proud

never said there is no science

it looks like a good thing

Truth is the product of the scientific process which Harris fails to do so.

and what is the truth of the scientific process? measure

What makes pragmatism a flawed empirical analysis?

For the record, you guys are confusing "truth" with "fact".

Truth is a generalized belief that can survive ages. 50 years ago, the truth was that asbestos was the cheapest and best insulation around while the fact is that it wasn't...

PRAISE THE SHAI-HULUD

Philosophy PhD
>What is truth?

Philosophy Undergrad
>Who gives a shit?

Philosophy BSc
>I don't know nothing

SO I am not going to focus on the concept of truth.
but rather the "game in answering the question
"What is truth"

This game is basically an infinite regress or a circular argument based solely on the dictionary.
until we realize that "truth" is something that goes beyond words and concepts.

I never watched Peterson but doesn't he sperg out AGAINST relativism (or what he calls pomo)?

Truth is the congruence between reality and subjective experience.

Truth is a man's word as he is within the human body after death the only thing your energy keeps from the life is consciousness everything else means nothing

fuck off peterson

maybe but his godfaggotry and love of christianity pretty much contradicts every other thing he says

it's a tattoo I have inside my lip

Mathematics

>What is truth?
a concept so intuitive to us that it's completely undefineable

you got me mixed up brah im no christain i quit beleiving in farytales a long time ago

if you were to survive traveling faster than the speed of light, would the backwards motion in time remove you from your universe or destroy the universe your from?
Wouldnt it be impossible for someone to travel backwards in time to the same universe, because the act of doing so would mean you were already there, and that would mean that the universe in which you were sent back in time you would simply cease to exist, and the universe you enter would have you in it, but you would see your earlier self and this would cause the earlier you to either go back in time or not, but such an action would have you cease to exist in two different realities? could people observe someone leave their timeline and return? would light that is pushed beyond its natural speed experience this phenomenon? would this allow an infinite source of light thats decay in speed is so small that no lifetime could experience its end?

bahaha you're the shit man.