Hello physicists

Hypothetically speaking, what would happen if you went "outside" of spacetime and cut out a bit of spacetime?

No

No what?

No this question

your question is stupid and doesn't make sense

The manifold would not feel well and you wouldn't be able to find local coordinates to parameterize it all

It's hypothetical, if you could "cut" a part of space time out what would happen?

black hole forms, can't know

>what would happen if you went "outside" of spacetime
Well, you would be existing outside of time, so there would be no time for you, which means you wouldn't exist.

What would happen if you went north of the north pole?

Suppose there's a capsule you have which is capable of going outside of spacetime, having its own spacetime (like the TARDIS).

Even if not, suppose you could cut a portion of spacetime apart within the Universe.

This question is very poorly worded and makes little sense.
Nevertheless if it pleases you I'm guessing that an event horizon would form.

Outside of that capsule would be outside of spacetime, so nothing would be able to move, so you wouldn't be able to cut out a bit of spacetime.

This is one of those retarded questions people ask that would be elligible for a Nobel price if answered correctly.

Except not.

a black hole would form

How would you word it? I'm talking about literally taking out a piece of spacetime, it seems I've gotten a few guesses already.

hypothetically what would happen if you cut a hole in water?

hole collapses, gravitational waves emitted, cosmological constant changes slightly.

It'd be easier to cut it from the inside and then push it out.

Your mom would die in her sleep

wtf are you saying you brainlet

let me guess you major in Art or Comp-sci ?

In this piece of no-spacetime the same would happen that happens after the edge of our universe, we don't know.

>inb4 "universe is infinite durr"

Also, we will never know, because spacetime is expanding much fast than the speed of light, and since nothing can go faster than light, you will never "catch up" with the end of the universe, and will never reach it.

The same would happen as if you take a glass of air out of a room. What would happen with the space you just took the air out? It would get immediately filled with new air. The same is true for space-time, because space-time is expanding. You take a piece of it out, the "emptiness" would get immediately filled with space-time.

>universe is not infinite durrr

You would have yourself a slice of universe cake user.

Meaningless question.
If you demand an answer, you won't find it within Relativity. That's all about topologically stretching and bending space-time.
A "cut" would be a region of infinite curvature and Einstein breaks down there.
You'd need a theory of quantum gravity -- which we don't have yet.

Assuming you are outside and safe, i.e the universe is equal to the pressure outside then you will have sliced it.
However if it is a vaccume then that slice will spill all the universe into the outside.
Final possibillity is that there is a little extra pressure from the bubble of let us say, another universe, which, if of equal pressure will open softly once both have been sliced. If only one is sliced then their pressure will push into our own universe. Aren't neighbours great?

You would leave the Higgs field and your matter would cease to interact with itself. You die.

>xddDD what would happen if I was living outside my life
Actually neck yourself

>implying quantum gravity has anything to do with this fucktarded question

No implication.
It DOES.
Yeah, it's a fucktarded question. Not arguing with you there.
Likely there IS no answer, like "how high is 'up'?"
But if there IS an answer, we'll need QG.
GR is insufficient and physicists freely acknowledge that.

Warp drive.