Just failed out of general chemistry 1 today

>just failed out of general chemistry 1 today

It's so hard, how do real science majors do it?

>stays in the class and fails it instead of dropping the class when it looks like he's going to fail and taking it next semester.

No wonder you failed, you are a brainlet.

I was curious ? What's the issue. I didn't lose anything

I have no desire to do more Chem anyway and it's not needed for my major

Pretty sure it seems so hard to you because you had no interest or desire to learn it. That's usually how it goes and is perfectly acceptable.
But you might have been able to go to another class instead and not waste your time there.

>I have no desire to do more Chem anyway and it's not needed for my major
Why were you in it?

I liked it in HS but I've been doing other stuff for so long I lost my head for it. Also I now realize I enjoy other things more

Yeah for me the interest ended at “woahhh dude there’s a lot happening with them there chemicals under the surface, Better be more conscious of that shit”. And I love how they generally start the class off by baiting you with quantum mechanics and then proceed to make you draw so many damn models. You think the labs will at least be cool , but no , it’s all excel shit.

What do you struggle with, OP?

A lot of degrees require some kind of "earth" science. They also require a bunch of other pointless classes to your degree, on the argument of "well rounded educations".

Because chemistry is aids. I've taken plenty of higher level physics and math courses and have still found them all easier and more interesting than chemistry. It is the failed abortion of the sciences.

Dude the whole Chem major is explained in youtube

Take oceanography or something. It's brainlet material.

Are you incapable of doing basic unit conversions?

>tfw almost a junior
>have done much more complex maths by now
>still suck at conversions

Why am I such a brainlet?

It's literally plug and chug into formulas

You failed gen chem 1 as a junior? Literally drop out and go flip burgers you waste of grey matter.

Hahaha whaaaat dude that was savage!!!! You roasted him hahaha wow........ I have never seen anything this harsh in my life

No, I took gen chem as a freshman. Conversions still come up in molecular biology when we're making solutions. Can't for the life of me make simply conversions for stocks solutions to micro/nano/pico. I'm like a fucking caveman that made it to future.

I'm a biochem major desu.

Don't worry, user, that was me 5 years ago. Now look at how good I'm doing!

You lose valuable time. Why bother staying in the class and study for something you're going to fail anyways as opposed to save time and stress and do it next year?

hang in there kid. Develop a passion for figuring things out. For some of us it comes naturally, for others it takes some time. I have a genuine love for the sciences, therefore nothing can stop me from learning anything.

It's all self flagellation, that's all college is about. Torture chamber imprisonment extension that you go into debt for.

General Relativity is a complete mess

>hang in there
>hang

>General Relativity is a complete mess
You misspelled quantum mechanics

>I've taken plenty of higher level physics and math courses
Like "college" algebra I suppose?
Lmao m8, you are mentally handicapped, just deal with it m8.

You will never ever make it in biochem if you can't do simple high-school stoichiometry.
Consider dropping out ASAP desu familia.

>Did decent enough in Gen Chem I
>Got an F in Gen Chem II
My problem was the math. I've always understood the concepts given but I've always been shit and depicting them mathematically.

Considering converting between units isn't stoichiometry...I think I'm doing fine desu. I am definitely what my professors feared most, bridges will collapse because of me.

It's literally plug and chug kinetics math, what the hell else math do you possibly do in gen chem 2?

I fail to see how anybody could have trouble with General Chemistry.

>failing a plug and chug class
Gas yourself my dude.

If you want to succeed in college while failing classes you have to know when to drop before a grade affects your GPA.

For STEM if you don't have a GPA above 3.25, your degree (if you get one) is just a worthless piece of paper that doesn't hold any credibility. You can follow the 'college is a waste of money' crowd and be a testament for them like other troubled post-grads with no money

I can't do that stuff at all. I'm pure math, junior

I don't have a gpa.

I dropped out of it too bc I didnt put enough effort into something that seems extremely unappealing to me. Physics and Maths are way more interesting.

I got a C in general chem (would have been a D+, but the professor had a strange curve) and I am taking graduate mathematics courses as a freshman. Hang in there.