What are the benefits of global warming?

Can you name advantages coming from global warming ?

I can think of:
-less cold related diseases
-shorter, milder winter
-easier transport without snow and ice blocking highways, railways and sea routes, which helps lower the cost of supply and logistics
-longer harvest season and increased agricultural production for several countries
-less energy needed to heat homes, reducing smog and pollution
-more cattle as more grazing areas are uncovered
-longer building period which is usually slowing down or haltng alltogether in autum/winter
-opportunity to rebuild cities from the coastal areas into new and modern high tech developments using modern techniques, materials and planning

Anything else that we can think of? I think overall it seems that global warming is quite an advantage to our civilization.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2003_European_heat_wave
nature.com/articles/nclimate2470
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I'd love not to have to shovel snow.
But less energy to heat homes also means more energy to cool them.
The grain belt may move northward. Great for Canadian farmers, not so great for the Midwestern US.
Disease is more likely to INCREASE. Pests and parasites (like mosquitos) are killed by cold weather. Consider all the "tropical" diseases of South America and Africa.
"Cold related diseases" mostly aren't caused by "cold" Just that we huddle in enclosed spaces where we can sneeze on each other.
As for "new, modern, high tech cities", look at all the people today who don't want to move even though rising sea levels and increasing hurricanes (which are caused by the additional thermal energy) have put them in Flood Zones and no one will sell them insurance.

A drastic reduction in the number of sandy beaches leading to less skin cancer. All the sandy parts will be underwater

endless wildfires, one of them will toast you.
best thing ever

>only thought about cold and snowy countries
>half of the world hasn't any sort of problems related to cold climate
Weak bait, ameriburger.

Scandinavia, Alaska, Canada, Russia, etc. High altitude or cold climates.

>>only thought about cold and snowy countries
>half of the world hasn't any sort of problems related to cold climate

Good catch. Another advantage of global warming:third world dies off.

>less cold related diseases

More like 3rd world comes here.
Not peasants anymore, military trained gangs.
If you think the North Mexico drug gangs are bad now, they will be an amateur night show compared to former military crew that has nothing to lose.

>More like 3rd world comes here.
Not peasants anymore, military trained gangs.
If you think the North Mexico drug gangs are bad now, they will be an amateur night show compared to former military crew that has nothing to lose.

I am from Poland. Refugees don't have superpowers. If you don't want them in your country just turn them back and if they cross the border illegally just shoot them.

More carbon dioxide in the atmosphere means bigger crop yields.

Bigger crop yields don't mean shit if you lose all your arable land to desertification though.

Economists agree that population growth is good for the economy.

Another point in favour of global warming.

>Bigger crop yields don't mean shit if you lose all your arable land to desertification though.
Central and Northern Europe ins't threatened by desertification unde global warming, many other areas also aren't

The Supremacy of Europe and America seems assured thanks to blessing of global warming

Loss of arable land in the most population dense areas coupled with sea level rise means lots of starvation and migration and an increased chance of military conflict.

The United States would likely try to usurp land from Canada.

lol

>Refugees don't have superpowers
Look at the mess ISIS has created in Europe. And that was just from a tiny area in Syria.
If India and Pakistan become uninhabitable, it'll be like ISIS, except with nuclear bombs and biological weapons.

>Look at the mess ISIS has created in Europe. And that was just from a tiny area in Syria.
No terror attacks in Poland or Hungary

Is this bait? This has to be bait right?

>Is this bait? This has to be bait right?
>It can't be! CNN told me Global Warming is BAD, how can somebody say otherwise! MOM! DAD! OBAMA!

>less cold related diseases
Pathogens tend to do better in warmer conditions. Thawing permafrost can release ancient viral strains. Changes in seabird migratory patterns leads to new pathways and mutations for Bird Flu strains. Sea Level Rise creates more brackish water for diseases to thrive in. Mixing of fresh and saltwater from melting icecaps means that more freshwater viruses meet saltwater viruses and more diseases are created. Disease vectors expand range
>shorter, milder winter
Longer, harsher summer
>easier transport without snow and ice blocking highways, railways and sea routes, which helps lower the cost of supply and logistics
Sea level rise and storm surges damage coastal transportation infrastructure. More strong storms knock areas out of commission for months (see Puerto Rico and the IV bag shortage Irma caused in the USA). Poorly build highways and roads are destroyed in extreme heatwaves.
>longer harvest season and increased agricultural production for several countries
Wavier jet stream due to changes in Polar air mass temperature cause more unpredictable weather at strange times of year. More pests able to expand range and damage crops. Crops struggle in extreme heatwaves. Most of the world lives in tropical and subtropical regions where no benefit is felt anyway
>less energy needed to heat homes, reducing smog and pollution
Reduces the albedo of the earth by removing global dimming, which further speeds up the warming
>more cattle as more grazing areas are uncovered
More methane to make the issue worse
>longer building period which is usually slowing down or haltng alltogether in autum/winter
More time wasted repairing buildings damaged in extreme weather.
>opportunity to rebuild cities from the coastal areas into new and modern high tech developments using modern techniques, materials and planning
This is a fantasy. We aren't going to rebuild thousands of huge cities overnight. More like tent cities everywhere, and overpopulation inland.

nothing worth bombing there, they were after the rich countries

>Sea level rise and storm surges damage coastal transportation infrastructure.
Not all countries have extensive coast, not all depend on sea trade and these kind of damages aren't extensive.
>Poorly build highways and roads are destroyed in extreme heatwaves.
So they will be made well. Plenty of highways working well in places like Thailand or Saudi Arabia.
> Most of the world lives in tropical and subtropical regions where no benefit is felt anyway
Third world is not important for human civilization. As you yourself observe the benefit of global warming on agriculture can't be denied.
>More methane to make the issue worse
Kek, even better. Also cattle has no significant impact of methane in the atmosphere.
>More time wasted repairing buildings damaged in extreme weather.
Weather changing by +2/3 degrees won't make it extreme in Central Europe
>More time wasted repairing buildings damaged in extreme weather.
Yeah, we can see how whole cities are being constantly rebuilt in places like Singapore or Abu Dhabi right ?

>This is a fantasy. We aren't going to rebuild thousands of huge cities overnight.
>weather is going to change overnight
t.brainlet
> More like tent cities everywhere, and overpopulation inland.
Those who lack vision lack success.We will have whole arcologies and new modern cities not the crap we have now.

that's because European leadership wanted lawless open border policy

yeah if your entire power structure in governance wants a mass of chaotic immigration it will happen.

Meanwhile you don't see the same thing in Korea/Japan because they don't want it. Same thing with Australia and detaining boats.

The mess of immigrants in Europe wasn't some inevitable force of nature. It was asked for and planned for by the people in charge.

wtf are you rambling about?
those were just piss poor refugees.
We're talking about what happens when whole countries like India and Pakistan pull up the anchor and start moving north. That's at least 2 billion people, and now it's armies with their training and weapons.
They won't attack like an army, it will be unsymmetrical warfare.

>those were just piss poor refugees.
No they weren't, they were just men sent to colonize Europe.
>We're talking about what happens when whole countries like India and Pakistan pull up the anchor and start moving north. That's at least 2 billion people, and now it's armies with their training and weapons.
They won't attack like an army, it will be unsymmetrical warfare.

Most of them would die on way to Europe, and they could only bring small firearms with them. Bring it on.
The drone swarms will have a feast on those attempting to cross the border.

>its armies
>they wont' attack like an army

You are delusional about global warming and the military strength of poor refugees

>Global warming just means the temperature will go up slightly

>We're talking about what happens when whole countries like India and Pakistan pull up the anchor and start moving north. That's at least 2 billion people, and now it's armies with their training and weapons.
>2030
>sitting comfy in your chair shitposting on 999chan and drinking chocolate AI Mummy made you as you earn your Bitcoins by operating drone swarms against endless hordes of refugees with AK-47's storming borders

By the time global warming actually hits, we will already have robot servants and futuristic survival equipment. When we reach this point our plan was always to genocide everyone else but global warming will actually save us a lot of money. Most poor people will die from it for free, and then we will only have to headhunt the few rich people outside of our group.

Sure, if you live in Canada, Russia, Iceland, and Alaska it'll be awesome for you.

If you live in the Middle East, North Africa, Mexico, Southwestern US, Western China, and most of South America .... not so much

>Sure, if you live in Canada, Russia, Iceland, and Alaska it'll be awesome for you.
Or Poland. Or Germany. Or Hungary.

>I like running out of water, deaths by heatwaves, and lower crop yields
Said nobody ever

>>I like running out of water, deaths by heatwaves, and lower crop yields
all countries listed will have impeoved weather conditions and crop yields

Temperate areas are already feeling shit hit the fan. So, no.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2003_European_heat_wave
nature.com/articles/nclimate2470

Oh, that's global changes in precipitation. Sorry, no title.

Extra carbon means better growth for crops.

These maps are fake, fyi.

Try again, Central Europe will be doing fine

>These maps are fake, fyi.
The absolute state of warmers.
You can't even handle the truth that global warming is actually beneficial to our civilization.
"Fake" buahahahaah

Actually good point. I could cook up a professional looking map and claiming whatever I want.

Uh huh.

You a gambling man?

> literally billions of people moving north to avoid starvation and chaos is beneficial to our civilization

>> literally billions of people moving north to avoid starvation and chaos is beneficial to our civilization
>Third world
>civilization
Also last time I saw they can't teleport over walls or stop bullets.

>You a gambling man?
More water aquifers, desalinization plants, and use of reservoirs

If you think a wall can keep out that many desperate people, you're delusional.

>If you think a wall can keep out that many desperate people, you're delusional.
Drone swarms can.
At least this will give employment to NEETs.
It will be like a cool video game.
Just imagine sitting in a comfy chair, eating pizza and hooking up your VR set to take control of badass hunter seeker drone to waste some illegals

>If you think a wall can keep out that many desperate people
They all won't go into one direction
All of them won't go.
It won't happen all at once.
Many of them probably won't surivive the journey anyway.

Looking at this and other maps it seems that food producing countries will make a killing on sales

> climate change is great because I'll get to kill tons of people whose only crime is not wanting to starve

> implying killing third world shitskins isn't doing the world a favor

>implying white people aren't gonna get rekt too
But only city folk, so you should be fine Cletus
Your incest-babies with inherit the Earth and usher in a great new era of meth, beastiality and pie contests.

>tfw New Zealand becomes an economic powerhouse with an improved climate and is too far away for the refugee hordes to reach

these maps come from scholarly articles, including warmers scare articles.There is a clear consensus that some countries will improve due to global warming

>I'll get to kill tons of people whose only crime is not wanting to starve
once they illegally try to cross border they are committing a crime

Increases the habitable regions of my country while also increasing in uninhabitable regions. So that's a draw.

I don't know. Can't think of any beyond the Migrants Meme, and our political and business leaders seem hell bent on overpopulating our country with third world trash anyway.

And it's not like that's a legitimate concern, as there is an easy and rational solution to it.

So...nothing really.

I would care about that meme if the third world wasn't being shipped into my country by the millions ANYWAY.

Plus the simple solution is to kill them to prevent them from entering.

I really dont' give a shit about what happens to them as their problems are their own - no one asked Bangladesh to squeeze 100 million retards into a tiny, unstable region.

The U.S./European powers could annihilate India and Pakistan overnight.

Not saying they WOULD, but the problem is only due to the weakness of leadership, not logistics.

>Global warming will make every part of the planet warmer
>Global warming won't cause temperature extremes to rise on both ends, creating weather that is both too hot and too cold

So it's not global warming.

>global warming
>GLOBAL
Global, as in all-over, as in on average - the entire world's mean temperature.

Right.

So it's, quite literally, not Global Warming according to your original comment.

The full name is AGW
but often the 'average' is left out, it is understood.
This is because most of us don't eat the crayons.

I’m looking forward to the possible collapse of the current agricultural system.

EVERYTHING IS FINE

if you actually read the studies plenty of countries will increase their agricultural production

I think you misunderstood my comment. I didn’t say “I look forward to the collapse of the agricultural system and the mass starvation that would lead from it.” The increase in agricultural output will necessarily lead to changes domestically. That’s what I’m looking forward to.