Chemistry Thread

Hey, I just started working as a manager for a chemistry lab.

Looking for lifehacks/memes/Charts/posters for chemistry to put into my lab. (Other interesting math/science related posts if they're interesting... I really like light waves also.)

Mostly cool posters. Preferably English... But I'll translate from other languages if I have to. I will post what I have.

Other urls found in this thread:

compoundchem.com
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Chemical engineers welcome also.

The typical "Periodic table of elements"

Judging by the stuff you are considering im guessing you dont know any chemisty. Put some actual usefull stuff up other than this drugy useless shit.

this reminds me of that "how creative people see the world" shit

doesn't even have any cool functional groups like carbamates, hydrazones, hydrazoates, imides, ylides.

Quick question. What is the difference between organic and biochemistry?

Organic: Any chemistry involving carbon
Biochem: Any chemistry involving life

This is a pretty cool thread, I'm going to lurk and if i find anything interesting I'll post it.

Truth

I'm actually a chemical engineer, with a strong background in chemistry. I was a petroleum engineer for 2 years and I worked for the government in water security for one year.

I graduated top of my class, and I got awards for my achievements.

I love chemistry, and memes, especially if their informational. The drugs thing was cause it's interesting to look at drugs.

DO YOU HAVE ANY FUCKING MEMES OR ARE YOU GOING TO HAVE NOTHING AND JACK OFF ALL DAY.

Sincerely John.

lul

Okay,so I'm studying Pharmacy and we are taking the same stuff as bachelors in chemistry in the other universities.The difference is that they have other classes like statistics,math,physics etc(we had math and physics last semester) and that they are taking two semesters of Gen&Inorganic chemistry,Analytic chemistry,Physical Chemistry and Organic chemistry,but the material is pretty much the same.Would it be a good idea to pursuit a Master's degree and,dare I say it,a PhD in Chemistry as well?Pharmacists are earning a lot of money here,so I think that having that extra degree would open up even more opportunities.

Should I do it,Veeky Forums?

OP here.

I dated a pharmacist for about a year. She was fresh out of university, and was working down the street.

She made A LOT more than anyone I have ever met, and the job supply is endless. They have job postings constantly.

She made idk... 90-100k salary..
Honestly, that could put you really well off for a long time... everyone is going to need drugs. Although there is little you can do to move up, unless you own your own pharmacy.

Biggest issue is you need to be 100% sure you're giving the drugs to the right people.

Also, as a graduate, Who was originally interested in masters/PhD.... Sometimes having a job is well more worth it. Having that money is really nice. You can go back to school if you're interested in something.

>solubility rules
and how!

pathetic

reminds me of a post made by an user who claimed he was a physicist and how he, instead of seeing trees and the sky, saw marvellous equations everywhere

Pathetic

Reminds me of an user who knew what he was talking about. But was really a faggot that would suck cock in his spare time.

OP here.

Found some of my older stuff.

Why are the memes/posts of Veeky Forums such shit?

Is like the new generation a bunch of plebs?

I hate all of you.

You're all no-memeing normies.

Do chemists even come here?

Yes, but I rarely see threads related to Chem, which is disappointing.

Should happen more often. Same with Bio/physics/math threads. As well as misc.

Anything from the compound interest. NY wife and I have a few decorating our house.

Link helps

compoundchem.com

Bump, there was a chem general a year ago or so, due to the fact that the majority of Veeky Forums's traffic comes from flat earth baiters it's no surprise that it's not active anymore.
General lab fuckups to keep the thread going.
>be doing a double bond bromination
>setting up the apparatus in the fume hood
>too lazy to get the gloves
>just gotta fill up with bromine
>spill it on hand
>mfw

You shouldn't study pharma alone. Doing pharma+organic or pharma+biochem automatically puts you well above the average, without putting much time pressure on you since you'll be sharing many classes.

Not me but
>Someone brominating an aromatic ring with Br2
>Doing it at kilogram scale, liberates HBr
>Set up for the weekend
>they set up a laughably small base trap a complete miscalculation on how much acid it can trap
>The HBr vapors don't get trapped
>Facilities gets a call early Sunday morning complaining of low water pressure and pools of water on several floors
>The HBr vapors travelled into the duct system
>Ate through the ducts
>Corroded several water pipes
>Flooding several rooms with HBr contaminated water

I don't know if he ever graduated. This was years before I joined my advisors lab.

What if I'm making concentrated water?

All hexane isomers are structural right?

There was a pretty good thread on dinitrating methyl benzoate earlier.