WHAT THE FUCCK

>starting my msc in compsci
>tihinking this should filter out all the brainlets from the bachelor/undergrad
>meet some classmates, they're from other places/countries
>find out some f them have never had a programming course or anything math/cs related.
>"i dont like programming, seeing code hurts my head :) "
>"I have a passion for games :) "
>"im actually an artist"
What the fuck are these ppl doing here???? this is (supposed to be) at a decent uni, what the fuck is going on???

Should I out my uni for pulling this shit? Fuckers dont even know basic programming. Hearing freshman 101 questions from ppl at a master's in fucking computer science is BEYOND FUCKING RIDICULOUS.

I fucking hate compsci students ever since the bachelor. I shouldve studied math FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKCKCK

I wish i was fucking memeing guys.

>inb4 they get filtered out.
The uni will probably do anything they can to accomodate them.

mathematics masters programs are just as likely to contain these people

literally unironically explain how this is possible. try and rationalize a scenario where someone doesn't know, say, what an integral is, yet is studying borel measures.

Maybe you went in a MSCS program thats meant for people from a non-CS background to shift fields. Based on that, if you already have a CS background, you're better off going elsewhere that isn't brainlet-tier.

It's almost like people who actually program are out doing actual programming at actual programming jobs and not completing meme graduate degrees.

you have to filter yourself out by being exceptional

I just started compsci as well and today a guy in my class said he doesn't like math.

maybe he's talking about real math and not the kind of stuff comp-sci kiddies do

The curriculum seems technical enough from what i've seen to make it seem like a real compsci program.

the uni isn't bad, but has become notorious for omitting math in the undergrad for compsci (many complaints from students and professors hopefully will change this). Squishing linalg in a week for a graphics course is just silly. It's also a very comfy uni top 100 and once top 50 on the shanghai ranking or something afaik. Probably doesnt matter but makes me feel less shitty :^)

The professors are great, some were at MIT, princeton, harvard, caltech etc., I just don't know why they do this shit. The fuck are they thinking.

meant for

who gives a fuck about programming. Thats babby tier, boasting about programming is retarded. I want to do research like a good boy, not be a CRUDlet.

>mfw there's always some brainlet physishits trying to take some grad level math courses without any of the preregs
>"bawww, I do GET IT but the math is too rigorous, I memorized this führier formula at Mathematical tools for physishits #4129, why isn't this enough to prove this?"

>engineers in all my math classes
>all of them hate math
>maybe they like physics
>all of them hate physics
>chemical engineers hate chemistry
>all of the engineers hate breaking down how things work
I dont get it

Maybe you should have gotten into a nonbrainlet school then.

that's me, but not a brainlet and i did better than all the grad students.

what country do you live in? 3rd world 'masters' degree schools have students equivalent to that of a junior in a 1st world country

oh, except additionally i had all the prereqs because i was also a math major at the time

>not being a reading comprehension major
>2018

nope first world at a decent uni (europe) but im not gonna say which one exactly.

I should've tried my lck at a better technical uni and come back post-doc (the place is awesome tho)

>hey thats me, except that's not me

i was still a physicist taking graduate math classes

Op never said they didnt know how to code, just that they disliked it. Prob people in math master that dislike integrals.

I bet it's like Slovakia or Slovenia or some shit like that