Ste(((A)))m

>"That'll be $20,000 more in tuition fees for the newly implemented finger paint classes required for STEM majors. Enjoy the extra semester getting that Bachelors too!"

lol wtf is this shit. Third time I see this here. What did you yankies get duped into this time?

Because it means more classes which means more tuition costs. Student loan companies are salivating at requiring more classes to graduate.

I love how STEAM triggers autists because these are the same autists who won't get a job because all they are good for is mindless number crunching. Enjoy surviving in the automated world without any creative skills.

This is what happens when poltards invade a board, they keep posting the same fucking thread again and again

What courses though? I mean is it literally shitty fingerpainting or something sort of useful like 3d modeling?

>tfw I get free education while yankies and Britcucks are forced by the government and the "job market" to go into thousands of dollars worth of debt

>art will make you employable

Wasn't the point of "STEAM" to simply include the arts in an umbrella acronym so they could feel as special and important as sciences?

Also I've heard different answers. Do social sciences or soft sciences like Anthropology, Sociology, and Psychology count as "science?" Because some sub-disciplines are very scientifically oriented and evidence based such as neuroscience and bio anthro.

>3d modeling
CAD is already part of engineering programs. What the STEAM people want is more pure art or music classes for STEM majors on top of what they already have.(you would be mistaken if you think you had the choice to opt out of your GE classes for arts classes)
Oh and its a one way street because the Arts majors don't have to take more STEM classes. See how this whole thing is nothing more than a scam to just get Arts professors more jobs and increase tuition?

I think the artists are triggered since there has been a big push over the last decade to get people into stem fields. They are trying to inject themselves into the spotlight (attention seeking artist behavior) by creating a clever new acronym (also artist behavior). Teams of mates will steam their meats (circlejerk).
>Enjoy surviving in the automated world
It's not the artists that are doing the automating, it is those number crunching autists.

>"Free" college graduate thinks it was free.
Consider suicide.

>spending years of your time on shit degrees because they're free

fuck of jews
STEM
not STEAM
you FUCKING JEWS
wait, this is what the thread is about
ok breathe. goddamnfucks. goddamn fucking fuck jews. goddamn.
breathes.
ok. ok.
we really need a war

STEAM is so last year. Now it is STREAM.

>what is Scotland

Feels good to win the being born lottery brother

We pay taxes pretty much as high as you, but we get healthcare and education from them, you pay taxes as we do, but then have to pay for healthcare and education separately

>having the time to grow a personality and not just cram knowledge into your brain
it's fucking hilarious how badly the purpose of "going to university" is misunderstood. university students used to study and gain experiences for a decade, traveling from uni to uni every other year, listening to lectures of the greatest minds in Europe, not just one singular institution. today it's all about HURRY UP SO YOU CAN BECOME A USEFUL LITTLE TAXPAYER OR EGO STROKER OF SOME OTHER SORT.

nothing wrong with wanting to finish early, but it's really not a race, boi.

Yeah but when that was the case not everyone went

They have re-education camps now?

Steam is a vapor and falls through your hands.

Stem is the channel of a great tree that is destined to bear fruit.

The irony here being that without the stream the tree dies too.

What the fuck do arts have in common with STEM?

>STREAM
its just all education at this point then?

FREISSTREAMPS

Feminism Religion Economics Intersectionalism Social Science Technology Reading Engineering Arts Mathematics Politics Science

Take note the P is silent

they say steam but they mean vapor

enough with this dopey looking bitch

yea because a general education requirement for art classes is going to make me get a bachelors in 7 years instead of 4. Just take 7 classes in a semester since arts is so much easier than "muh god tier stem fields" you fucking baby.

That sounds like most of my classmates. I've averaged 18 credit hours per semester and I know quite a few people who regularly take 20.

SHIT
S = Social Science
H = Humanities
I = Industrial engineering
T = Theology

if you cant figure this out, youre a brainlet

there is a reason why the highest time periods of education and intelligence were times in which art thrived alongside math and science.

Arts thrive when there is enough excess resources for society to provide for the non productive.

>What are opportunity costs

Just like science

>B-b-but science is productive
Not in the short term

this has been around for a while
I figured it was more for grade schools, where art classes are often neglected
I mean really, why do you think all those college kids getting art degrees can't draw? no one taught them
public school art classes haven't done a lot to actually teach artistic technique and skill in some time now
when I was in school 20-ish years ago they taught us the basics of some less common things like sculpting, but very little on how to paint or draw, and from what I've heard a lot of places now don't even get that far

is this real?

kek

I take 19 on average but half of my majors (econ) aren't crazy demanding work wise or conceptual wise so my semesters end up being half straight forward math (econ) and half harder math (pure math)

Honestly that can be learned by reading a book, although I suppose that argument could be made about any subject in school. At least it's a good GPA booster if you don't fuck up too badly.

When I was in high school my friends and I fucked around in that class and still made A's, but desu it really was a huge waste of time. I can't draw for shit, but I am damn good at composing music and playing guitar, and I never took any classes/lessons on those subjects. I learned by googling shit and reading books.

Art isn't productive in any timespan.

Catholic schools.