Why do memeticians and physicysts hate engineers?

Why do memeticians and physicysts hate engineers?

The academic fears the engineer.

They don't. It's just one vocal astrofag.

Because of the fucking Big Bang Theory.

I don't hate engineers, I just hate how a lot of engineers and engineering undergrads think they're better at physics and math than physicists and mathematicians

Those aren't engineers, those are cs majors.

I have tremendous respect for someone willing to drown in work for 4 years straight but I don't have any respect for people insisting they are superior simply because of a field they are studying. The latter mindset is especially prevalent in undergraduate engineers but it really seems to be more rampant when discussing freshmen and sophomores. But this isn't unique to engineers, it's just as common in mathematics and physics. So I guess the end result is that everyone sucks.

>no one mentions cs
>brings it up to try and suppress your inferiority complex
I don't even think about you at all

I like to distinguish myself from an engineer to the extent that I am not a CAD software user.

t. physicist

I don't hate engineers. I just think if you (as an engineering student) are going to brag about how successful you'll be with your degree, you should actually demonstrate knowledge of basic calculus when you take physics. If you need to numerically integrate something you see in first year physics, you're not that smart.

Really though how important is arithmetic for pushing the nuclear button?

The truth is, physics is not supposed to be a one man endeavor. There are umpteen other physicists who are already experts in the methods of basic calculus. I am pointing to my own in accolade in reference to that advanced part that is my own original contribution. My own original contribution demonstrates my competence regarding the basic part, I do not need to demonstrate that the unmodified sector of my theory works exactly as per usual.
>The century MCM ended in the year Y2K.

I can't tell if you're trying to make a point or stroke our own ego, but you're not doing it very well.

>something about y2k
Engineering students are still horrible at math, as a rule of thumb.

in calc 1
>hey i did this in high school, this is easy!

in calc 2
>uhhh why do i have to know this, i'll never use it anyway

in calc 3
>uhhh why do i have to know this, i'll never use it

in ODE
>uhhh why do i have to know this, i'll never use it

in linear algebra
>uhhh why do i have to prove this, i'll never need to know proofs

in analysis I
>uhhh why do i have to take a theory curse to get a math double major

in numerical methods
>uhhh why do i have to learn matlab when i'll just use excel

Why do nerds hate chads.

wedgies

a mathematician or physicist can do engineer's work
an engineer can't do a mathematician's or physicist's work
engineers are monkeys

>a mathematician or physicist can do engineer's work
Most absolutely couldn't

>Quick Rundown:

Grichka Bogdanov is PhD in Math

Igor Bogdanov is PhD in Theoretical Physics

sadly that's 99% of engineers
The field has gone to shit.
However some of us still care about knowing shit instead of just mashing buttons.

Probably homophobia.

A young Earther engineer told me that the second law of thermodynamics disproves evolution and he was qualified to say that because of his thermodynamics classes. Engineers are dumb as fuck. They can sit through thermodynamics or QM lectures, somehow pass the exams and still believe in young Earther myths or quantum pop science. I've even had one tell me that relativity was bullshit.

Engineers are like the capitalists of science.
They rely almost completley on patents or companies that uphold patents.
Physicists and mathematicians only have papers/publishing and teaching.
Royalties from one far outweigh the other and the latter always contend that if it werent for progress in the pure sciences the engineers wouldnt be able to progress their craft.

I did a mechanical engineer and math double major.

My engineer classes were far more difficult than any math class, with the exception of algebra and real analysis. I believe I could have easily gotten a 4.0, had I only majored in math.

I want to see math or physicists try thermodynamics II or fluid dynamics