How do I stop procrastination?

How do I stop procrastination?

not sure

Take things one step at a time. Just say "okay, if nothing else, I'll read these problems" and then "if nothing else, I'll try to find the formula to use."

Just do one step after another. Stop seeing tasks as big monolithic things but rather a series of small tasks.

just tell yourself to do it for 10 minutes, after 10 min you will probably just continue

You can't.

why

Look at it from a "pay now or pay even more later" perspective. Set arbitrary times for you to complete or begin something and eventually they'll become routine and putting it off irks at you so much you'll just do it.

you gotta jump on it, as soon as you tell yourself "i'll do it right after ___", you aren't going to do it at all. jump on it like there's no tomorrow
tell someone you live with to slap you in the face if you don't do your task at that time if you need to

Throw your phone against the wall and punch your computer screen

You stop doing it tomorrow

Ritalin, Adderall, or be in the army for a few years.

go balls deep in a task until achieve (daily/weekly) goals

This is the ideal male body

You can't stop it, but you can harness it intelligently. Avoid doing one task, by throwing yourself at another. For example, I've put in the extra time needed to hit a development deadline by using coding to avoid vacuuming the house.

OP, a lot of the advice here is solid, but you need to also ask WHY you're procrastinating.

Sheer laziness? Anxiety? Distractions?

If it's laziness, just remind yourself of what the reward will be.

If it's anxiety, take it one step at a time.

If it's distractions, listen to classical music or try to keep out distracting thoughts and just put it in your head that you WILL do it.

Different problems call for different tools. You wouldn't cut down a tree with a kitchen knife.

Look into cognitive behavioral therapy techniques. Even if you don't have a mental illness, they're incredibly helpful. It's basically identifying unhelpful thinking styles that either reduce your emotional health or have a negative impact on your behavior and then finding strategies to counter them. There are plenty of good CBT self help books out there.

Do something you don't mind doing.

Bullshit. Even in a field you love, you'll have to do things you hate.

What matters is finding something you like so much that it drives you to get through the shitty parts.

see

This

I came here to tell you to stop posting cute females (male.)

remind yourself how utterly useless you are and try to rectify this

>useless