Are obese people stupid?

Are obese people stupid?

I always feel like they are.

yes

I never understand why obese people get abuse whereas anorexics get pity, it's literally two sides of the same coin.

This.

Poor impulse control + shitty metabolism = fat

Neither of those things are your fault. Sure you can overcome them with hard work, but so can an amputee overcome their problems with hard work.

The only difference is the amputee isn't mocked relentlessly their whole life.

on average, compared to non-obese, yes.
however, socio-economics plays into it too.
it's generally not so damning if you're obese and your parents are well off.
obesity + poverty, though, tends to produce a critical mass of stupidity.

In my experience, fat children (1 - 10 years old) are more intelligent on average. I believe the extra nutrition gives their developing brains an advantage.

But that's just my experience.

fat people have lower IQs on average, so your feelings have a basis

yeah I bet that soda they're chugging and 3 bags of chips a day they're munching are helping their brain develop retard

This, sorry but if they where eating healthily they would be more healthy

How could they not be?

In what universe could "stuff myself full of junk that will damage many functions of my body, severely inhibit my ability to do physical tasks even daily ones like walking and raise the healthcare costs for everyone else" be considered anything other than stupid?

Because historically starving humans was a very normal thing.

In general, I would say so. However, one of the most intelligent people I know is obese, so like any other demographic, there are outliers of course.

well look at this guy.
maybe you don't agree with him, but he certainly was in the high percentile of intelligence.
now consider that he was also a fat, alcoholic smoker.
not unexpected, he died of severe heart disease, throat cancer, and pneumonia.
he knew very well his destiny, but just didn't give a shit.

alcohol and cigarettes are different because those are genuine addictions. if you get hooked early, you're basically done. even if you're feynman-level smart.

but yeah hitchens was clearly a selfish dumbass. he's overrated. he had solid arguments but he's not some heavenly hero people make him out to be

I'm thin as fuck and I cannot understand the mind of obese people.

It's so simple. Just don't eat too much.

I don't even go to gym, I just walk 30 min a day.

My diet isn't vegan. It includes beef steak, bread, potatoes, eggs, onions, garlic, sausage, rice and lettuce & apples.
And sometimes also avocados, chicken, salmon, carrots, bananas, olive & nuts.

It's very simple. But fat people lack the needed self-control for it.

Being too skinny is arguably much, much healthier.

Additionally, fat people represent a blissfully (and willfully) ignorant population, while skinnies represent the other extreme, and it's not too unreasonable to see why the masses favor one over the other.

>t. fat 9 yr old

I mean the only nutrient neurons can metabolize is glucose.

It's been demonstrated that a pack of cigarettes a week is better for your health than lack of physical activity. It's not infeasible to be a smoker, drinker and intelligent if your on the ball in other domains.

>inb4 ((((studies))))
Yeah, sure, but it also strikes me as sort of an intuitive conclusion to come to. I imagine similar results could be found for moderate drinkers.

Being fat is an addiction in a sense.

I'm willing to bet that most of that isn't served out of a drive-through window, which is most likely the cause of their problems.

It really isn't most anorexics end up getting heart attacks. I lived with this DYEL skellington guy once, he said he was starting a fitness plan to bulk up, 6 months pass, he looks exactly the same, I say maybe you should eat more than one piece of grilled chicken a day, he makes all kinds of excuses about "finding it hard to eat", "muh metabolism" etc. They are every bit as ignorant.

What kind of dumb fucking question is this?

of course they are sub 80 iq degenerates and stupid af - how else do you think they let themselves become >300lb?

no sane person would EVER weigh that much you ever think to stop eating after your stomach hangs past your dick?

I was fat when I was a child because my parents never taught me proper nutrition and they were fat themselves (not like American-tier obese but definitely overweight). How the hell is a child supposed to know how to be healthy? If you had a shitty neglectful upbringing you could be fat too.

Don't
>this
that user was saying the opposite of what you think you're agreeing with. Anorexia = obesity, obesity =/= not muh fault

No, but they lack willpower and discipline in that part of their life, and there could be a correlation with them lacking willpower and discipline with other parts of their life.

>he's not some heavenly hero people make him out to be
All things considered atheists didn't have anyone that much better who could make the necessary criticisms of the more fundamentalist/dogmatic problems of religion.

"I haven't seen my dick in so long I could have it legally declared dead."
-Boogie2988

yeah this basically, I am not justifying the excuses I'm just saying they are basically the same, why does only one get abuse? Personally I think this is partly responslible for the obesity problem, humans have a tendency to ignore a problem if they are heavily shamed by it. Like a fat kid gets bullied all his life he eventually stops fighting and starts using his unhealthiness as a "badge of honour" even, fat acceptance basically.

well what do you get out of making skeleton jokes? for the typical human, it's just sad to see someone emaciated to the point of near death.
fat people are generally more cartoonish (weird walk, poorly fitting clothing, odd shapes) and not in any obvious immediate danger, so yeah no shortage of fat jokes for them.

Caloric deficient living results in a longer lifespan. Of course they're still ignorant, but not nearly as much, on average, as obese people (imho, of course). And on top of that, it's a more toxic kind of ignorance.

This

People don’t believe me when I tell them that calorie deficit is HEALTHY and has been only shown to increase lifespan. I’m American but agree amerifat is a fitting term; if you aren’t eating 3 massive meals and snacks a day you need you eat more apparently even though none of it is nutritious

Obese people are generally pretty dumb I’m sure there’s a some sort of strong causal link as there is with schizophrenia. There’s a general low iq mindset that brings along with it behavior that feeds into these cycles that just destroy you

>3 meals a day, please eat breakfast goys

Agee, it's all marketing. The studies that push for no breakfast or even caloric deficit are quickly forgotten by the food corp conglomerates who depend on these memes in order to stay in business.

doesn't eating at a calorie deficit slow down your metabolism and cause you to sleep more? Sure you would technically live longer, but you would accomplish less in the same time (less energy), and would have far less productive waking hours. When I fast, I feel like the time I lose from sleeping counteracts any benefits of longevity.

It speeds it up because your body is providing more energy for you to find food. I can anecdotally attest to this, when I began eating only dinner I had more energy than ever.

I never had problems sleeping and continue to eat one meal a day while maintaining a biphasic sleep schedule (5-6 hours sleeping, 20-30 minute nap). I've reverted back to monophasic for work occassionally within the 5 years I've been doing this and had no problems other than the first two weeks of discomfort due to a changed sleeping schedule.

One downside however is that when I eat breakfast with friends I have a hardcore food coma for the next 4 hours (likely due to both the extra food and beinngbso used to eating before bed)

>sleep more
Perhaps (though not from my experience) but either way what difference does it make? The whole reason the “calorie deficient diets increase lifespan” thing was brought up was to make the point that it’s certainly not as unhealthy as being fat, and could be considered to be neutral at the very least or maybe even very healthy as long as you aren’t malnourished

I read somewhere that being fat actually fucks up your Brain, but im no expert

I don't know my anecdotes seem to have the opposite impact. Fasting and calorie deficits fuck my shit up. And if you don't eat enough over a long enough time you're going to be malnourished, that's like the definition of malnourishment (starvation). Maybe you'll live longer overall. but I don't think that's healthy for a long period of time.

>Poor impulse control isn't your fault

Really, user? Sure enough people could have a disorder that effects this but to say it isn't your fault is a bit of a leap. If something like poor impulse control leads your life into ruin where you're 600lbs and bedridden, and all it would've taken was a visit to the psychologist and some real effort... that is totally on you.

But you're not now, right?

Why the fuck would you skip breakfast?

If anything drop dinner. You don't need to eat a massive meal before you go to bed. Breakfast is far more useful.

poor staving parents teach children begin fat is healthy and begin rich.